Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Birdwatching: Birds in your country that you love

User Profile: peacefulSoul8
peacefulSoul8 November 21st, 2015

I love birds and bird watching:) My French Friend in Australia is studying a PHD on birds and animals:). I dislike the magpies in Australia but I love the colourful birds and big black crows here. Oh and the parakeets.

15
User Profile: mimameid
mimameid November 21st, 2015

Golden eagles are so pretty here where I live. Also the Eastern meadowlark, sand-hill cranes, northern flicker, and cardinal are all some of my personal favorites. :)

User Profile: Jadie
Jadie January 5th, 2016

I lived in a rather bleak industrial area for a few months, but what really brightened my stay was spotting colourful birds (not the usual city crows, pidgeons, and seagulls) along the train track where I would go running. There were northern cardinals, blue jays, red-winged blackbirds (I think) and a lot of others that I don't know how to name! :)

User Profile: Lightworker1111
Lightworker1111 April 20th, 2016

I Love Blue Jays, I find them so Beautiful laughheart

User Profile: Emma88
Emma88 May 2nd, 2016

Birdwatching is not just my hobby, it's a wonderful way to relax and take my mind off things. I've recently bought a cute device to enjoy this passtime more here . Take a look

I can't wait to give it a try!

User Profile: AEM7AC
AEM7AC May 22nd, 2016

I love birdwatching myself.

I live in the northeastern United States, so I find birds like Blue Jays, Cardinals, and more of your typical backyard birds for my region.

Today, I actually had an amazing experience with birds. I was out on a walk to look for some birds, and I hear some noise to the side of the trail. I look over and I find a male Baltimore Oriole laying on his back. I approached him to check if he was OK. Something appeared to be wrong with his wing. I called up a center that specializes in care for injured wild birds. They were too far away to come to the site where I found the bird. I placed my hands under the spooked oriole, struggling to move away. I picked him up gently, and bought him back to the car. To keep the bird safe, I placed him in a sweatshirt I found in the car and wrapped it around the bird, not covering his head. I drove him to the center, and they believe it was a broken wing. They have a vet that specializes in broken wings, so they said he should be able to return to the wild eventually. I am proud to say that I have held a Baltimore Oriole in my hands. That's something not many people can say.

User Profile: Sundance321
Sundance321 June 22nd, 2017

Well, for starters, I love chickens. (Especially Blue Laced Red Wyandottes and Tolbunt Polish.) I used to own some, years ago, but I'm afraid where I currently live doesn't allow feathery friends. cheeky

That being said, I'm also fascinated by birds of prey. The kestrel is my all-time favorite. (Sometimes I dream of having a hunting falcon, haha!) Though I am awfully fond of the Harpy eagle and their stunning gray and white plumage. Owls are beautiful as well.

And pigeons will always have a special place in my heart too. wink They're just so dopey!

Did you know ravens can talk like a parrot?

User Profile: Demi2345
Demi2345 June 24th, 2017

I love parrots. They are bright and colorful. I don't see a lot of them though.

User Profile: neatBalloon7178
neatBalloon7178 June 27th, 2017

Cardinals, bluejays, and mourning doves

User Profile: OrangeYouGlad68
OrangeYouGlad68 July 24th, 2017

Captured by the wonder of their beauty, I started birdwatching four years ago.

My favorites are: Tufted Titmouse, Indigo Bunting, and Mourning Doves

Image result for titmouse eastern

Image result for indigo bunting eastern

Image result for mourning dove eastern

User Profile: SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES
SHEAINTGOTNOSHOES August 23rd, 2017

They are all lovely and beautiful in their own way. I love feeding seagulls in Coney Island, and I also like watching the slightly agressive starlings zoom around.

I enjoyed the magpies a lot when I lived in England. Finches, thrushes, bluebirds, etc, all fantastic