Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It has been maybe bad to come "out"?

User Profile: PolyTri27
PolyTri27 14 hours ago

Hi. I just came "out" 5 hours ago. I feel free but yet I got yelled at by the one person I told that im gay (lesbian) to. They completely got *** and dont accept it AT ALL!!!!! I'ts really tough because I live at home after getting newly divorced, to a man. It all came to a head and, at exactly 1:30am monday (yesterday) I had the AHA moment, that really, ive been uncomfortable in my own skin my ENTIRE life, just conforming to people/society that only accept me and my sexuality and for being with whomever Anyone wants me to be. (Straight). It really isnt fair because then I will now continue to keep hiding behind a "mask" so to speak. I feel partially ashamed and partially free/librrated. Well I did feel free up until milliseconds before coming "out". Only to get reprimanded" so to speak. So, what have I been doing for the past 5 hours? Quietly sitting in my bedroom, eating dinner, isolating, and feeling down, and ashamed. The biggest, most serious moment of my life, the closest family member, my mother..... and she got ***, and told me no... youre not allowed to feel this way about your sexuality and not allowed to date. C'mon im 51... feel like shes coddling me. I went from being coddled, to leaving the nest, being married for 4 yrs to Unfortunately married to a male narcissist!!!!, then coming back temporarily to home here with parents temporarily, then, being shamed for a gay/lesbian gene that maybe I have been all my entire life

Like I disappointed her.

Ugh......

1
User Profile: AsherTree
AsherTree 6 hours ago

@PolyTri27

We live in a rigid society in many cultures..

People aren't allowed to be themselves. 

Congratulations on your achievement! 

You are now who you really are.. Let the naysayers sit back and whine and complain all they want.

Thank you for sharing and taking care of your needs! We're here to support you! 🌲