Coming out to family and friends
How do I come out to my homophobic father and friends? I don’t want to lose them and I feel like they will never treat me the same after I come out to them.
@abbyleeinthehouse
I hope the best for you.....
this is a category that simply is different for all ........ some people even if someone assumes will not accept or learn to accept and do .......................... sometimes someone you think will just get it does not .......... many families know or suspect before a child comes out.......
my son came out ... dad seemed like a homophobic type but was like "yeah tell me something i do not know" and happily with me ....... walked son down the aisle at his wedding.
I never saw it even when his siblings told me before I did not want to see it ....... various reasons i suppose perhaps i envisioned a future for him in my head... i wanted it to be a phase ... i who had many friends and seemed accepting had a hard time with this.
The reason i share this is sometimes we fear the worst.............. but do not see other outcomes..... yes there are many who get a horrible outcome and everyone can understand your fear ....... but the truth is until the box is open we do not know what is inside.