Does having some fantasy in your life helps you to see life more enjoyable?
A great chunk on my life it was me escaping reality due to my father abuses and me being too neglected to accept the world were I was living in, see I grew raised by movies, video games, and so on. In some fantasies often times they depict a different world, were it seams as if justice has more weight. I had also spent a great chunk of my life in isolation, so I dont have as much experience from the real world as others might, I was born in the year 78, things seamed to be easier for me during my childhood and my early adulthood due to not having smart phones or the internet, now it seams like a lot of people spend more online than offline time. Without the fantasy it seams as if every place you go looks just the same, with the fantasy to me it looks as if things have more flavour, or perhaps it could just be one of my coping mechanisms, which I had abused too much.
What do you think?
@okeyyyy
Fantasy in forms of daydreams or positive imagery I think it healthy if using as for example motivation...or getting through a difficult time.
i think now people lose themselves in online videos or scrolling as a diversion. I feel same difference as daydreaming except online scrolling takes zero imagination or thought.
@toughTiger6481 I see, well in my case, since i stay too much in my thoughts, and add fantasy and movies and video games I played , a lot of reality gets mixed with fantasy when I go about my life. Yes good point being all day like a zombie in front of a screen I think is not a healthy behaviour to have. but some fantasy to help you to go through your day might be. thanks