Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can't let myself talk myself out of this! I need someone to yell at me!

For over 5 years, I've been wanting to start doing Historical European Martial Arts. I dont know much about it, but I want to learn and it seems like something fun that will really help me in many aspects of my life. Tomorrow, a HEMA instructor said I could come watch in on a beginners class. I need to go, but I am terrified. I am so shy and so awkward, and I am terrified. Help!!

3
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 July 3rd

@orangeBunny2144

what are you afraid of you can watch the class and see often when classes break things down it will be easier to learn then you expect.  there is no obligation or judgement in showing interest in this.  I used to talk myself out of going to things like that and guess what the opportunities dry up... 

if not now when... you will come up with other reasons next time to not attend... there is no one but you to blame if you do not get another chance 

hope that motivates you. 



User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul July 3rd

@orangeBunny2144 You've got to go! I had never heard of this, so I checked it out and it sounds so awesome! Go go go! The instructor invited you to watch, I bet everyone there will be polite and friendly. You've waited 5 years already! Don't let another 5 years pass you by! You said that this will help your future and that's a really good motivator. 

User Profile: Rhiannon65
Rhiannon65 July 5th

@orangeBunny2144

Good for you for stepping outside your comfort zone! Just breath, you got this!!

Let us know how it goes.

🤗💜