2026 Week #40 - Weekly Goal Sharing! (Monday 09/28/26 - Sunday 10/04/26)
I welcome anyone to commit to a goal here today.
But importantly, talk about getting it done..... or why it didn't happen yet.
To praise each other for our efforts and wins.
While supporting each other through trials and setbacks.
And to continue trying and not give up.
Remember:
Every Goal should be considered "Worthy".
Never belittle your achievements and be proud of yourself for your daily accomplishments!
Whether they be Complex or Simple.
Getting out of bed is a good day..... Good job I say!
Share your goals today, for support and encouragement.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Your Best and Get Your rest.
Things are can be harder than what we first think. That's OK, You can do it. It's normal. Do your best. Be kind to yourself and Be kind to others.
(New requests and Old friends returning, are always welcome and encouraged to be added)
@IsayUncle
I commit to getting a walk in every day this week to improve my spirits 💛

@Amanda84
May the sun shine on your face, and the wind be at the back. May your spirits be lifted high, as your troubles are thrown to the roadside.
Enjoy your walk every day Amanda. Let it be your peaceful time.💚. And it's a super somatic (Fancy word for body & mind health 😁)..... anyway a great approach to feeling better.
@Amanda84
BTW, i saw in another post, you were feeling a bit down. I hope you are feeling better.
@IsayUncle
Thank you for checking, that's so nice, stressed waiting for results for my dad, they did biopsy wrong so waiting for it to be redone , love the Irish blessing 💚🥰
@Amanda84
Awww, i'm sorry. it's bad enough dealing with it... and then that. Just remember, ur strong enough to see it through. AND... i hope its nothing but a false scare.
Did ya walk?... btw, i corrupted the words but i love that saying and the sentiment it embraces. and it does sound more charming with an irish accent. lol
Trying to get extra money as rent is coming due. I've got over $40 from doing surveys and about $50 from playing games. Didn't win the weekly tournament and almost won $1k but it stopped on the $1 option. Actually knew that there was no way I'd get the $1k but it would have been nice.
Had another co-worker up and quit. I completely understand why. I'd quit too if I could.
Just checked another app and I've almost got $10 on it.
So I'm making some kind of process I guess.
@Enthenia
keep chipping away. wish you did get that 1k... that would have been so awesome!
@IsayUncle thanks and I just realized I completely used the wrong word earlier! I meant progress in case you didn't figure it out. I did happen to check the FB group page. It's invitation only and I had an invite months ago, just never used it. The last code I did just gave me some "raffle" tickets. I never win any of those so I don't pay attention to them. You have to be in the top 1% to even get the odds somewhat in your favor. This time, I got $7 instead of tickets! So I'm up to $60 on that site now. Really close to $50 on the survey site. I've got almost $5 on a few other pages. In the grand scheme of things, none of it really matters I guess but I've got money that I didn't have before.
Done with work for the day. Actually been done for half the day. Oh I sunk my remaining points on a data sharing site into the $10K draw. I used to be able to get gift cards from it but they changed how you do tasks and I don't know how other people manage but I don't get the points like I used to. Anyways, the drawing is Friday. If by some miracle, I got it, it would make things easier with work. I'm getting the tightness and indigestion that I used to get again. It's not the work itself, it's the people.
So now we have to forwards patrons for a more in-depth review if the "Possible Criminal Records" section (note the possible. Denotes something that is not set in stone) has a not specified entry on it. But first, we have to run a different report which we moved away from because it wasn't accurate to see if that report has more detail. More detail on a possible criminal record. I pull what I can from the courts because they are more accurate and most of them are public access. And, we were told to use whatever avenue we could to get information on patrons. For me, most of the not specified came back as misdemeanors, traffic offenses, or even non-existent. The site that we apparently are supposed to swear complete fealty to has been wrong before.
Reluctantly, I went to the one manager who ever comes in and he did the usual--listen partway then tried to get me out of the office (which is precisely why I don't like bringing anything up) and made other excuses.
Seriously, if I could leave this job, I would. Managers can't effectively manage. They don't even take things into account like they should. Let's say that 2,000 of these not specified possible criminal offenses are escalated and it turns out that only 1% of them actually mean anything. That means 1,980 of them are minor offenses or traffic offenses which we don't look at. Going from a budget standpoint whether it be the cost to run the reports to find the 20 that actually need further investigation, or the cost of the hours used to chase after possibles, or the time spent to validate that it's a low risk offense if it's a valid offense at all...it really isn't a sound option. It would be much more responsible of management (I don't even know where the decision came from. I've heard different stories) to say something like: "Hey. After a review of the results regarding Not Specified entries, it appears that we were wrong in pursuing more information. A sample of the results collected showed us that only 1% needed further investigation. It's too costly to pursue this 1% so we have decided to go back to the way we were doing things."
There is nothing wrong in admitting an error. Ironically, I think it was one of the many things I got in trouble for once upon a time. Not owning up to my mistakes. But they don't. Not even when they know they are being contradictory. This was the whole reason why I wanted to go back to school and I totally get why people up and leave this company. I would if I could. If by some miracle, I got the $10K, part of the money would go into an account for me to save so I could leave (after paying bills first).
I told someone (don't remember who) that I think I'm beyond the point of burnout. I can't even tell how much of the tightness I get in the chest is from the job or me not eating the right foods.
But, I'm at almost $60 on the survey site and I need to play my games on the other site so I can do the daily draw. Still have the survey apps to do as well. Combined, I've got almost $130 scattered across those accounts. Not enough for rent right now but I still have a few days.
Oh and I found a buy now pay later program that allows you to do payments from your paycheck. The reviews are pretty good and I need to get a better on-time payment history like I used to have (paying down what I owe is important too). You can only get things from their site but I looked. There are some nice furniture items, shoes, clothing, etc. They also have electric bikes but those are more than what I can do right now. I found a paper shredder but what I'll get first after the first payment is taken from my paycheck, is a $200 dollar rug for the kitchen. The installments work out to $20 every two weeks I think which is the only way I'd be able to get a rug for that much. But, it's a way to get some of the furniture items without having to spend a lot up front.
@Enthenia
II really sorry to hear that work is starting to stress you out again. I need to tell you that I noticed that it wasn't for a while and that you were mostly caught up with everything and it seemed like work was going pretty good. Not that you liked it or it was going good but, it wasn't as bad as it had been.
Sounds like you had a pretty bad bout with it but I hope the IT doesn't build up the way it was before. And you're able to stay up to date with everything because that takes a lot of stress off of you
And the People are the people are the people and impossible to do anything about that. 😞
@IsayUncle thanks. I read the email regarding the contest. I didn't win which really didn't surprise me. I need to do the weekly contest tomorrow because I have to do it before Sunday or I'm not entered into the draw. That one's $4k but even that would help.
A coworker stated that she believed that I'm more thorough than many of the "supervisors". I add professional licenses to the patron folders if I can find them. One of the vague "not specified" charges I was able to verify in more detail. I had been in the correct place but since the last name was fairly common, I didn't get the results the first time. The second time, I narrowed it down. Used the name and then a birthdate range. That gave me the entries I needed to show the "supervisors" that the "not specified" entries were traffic charges which we don't deal with. There was also a civil dispute but we don't look at them either. I had added the information as PDF files but one supervisor doesn't like it that way. She wants comments added so I added comments and added the court data to the end of the report. Other "supervisors" don't have an issue with how I've done it. This one does.
That's part of the problem. There is no oversight. There is no consensus amongst the leaders and there's more of them than there are of us. And it's a source of frustration for many of us lowlifes. We do it one way and it's fine until one of them takes exception to it and wants it different. Then the next person doesn't like it that way or the first person backtracks or won't even admit that they told us to do it a certain way but we should do it another way. Then the management above them don't care (one never comes into the office) or when you raise a concern albeit rather reluctantly, you get a condescending tone or excuses pulled out of a hat or even worse, "those are good points. We'll bring it up at the next meeting" which means the issue is dead right there.
Ran into one of the dog's friend at the park who we haven't seen in months. A Siberian Husky who loved my dog's ball much to the annoyance of my dog and the owner inquired about my work because he remembered how frustrated I was the last time we had spoken. I told him I was still frustrated and told him about the contest I had entered and the email that said I was not a winner. I would have loved to have been chosen because it would have taken some of the stress off of me.
But, things were not meant to be.

