Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Being Thankful and Going Crazy at the same time. I cannot grasp the disciplines.

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle January 3rd, 2025

I'm starting this thread in the first week of 2025. Three years of struggle has put me in a spot of advantage. But now that I'm in that spot of advantage, I can't seem to take advantage of the time to make it more beneficial. 

I think it's because I don't have a strong support group (other than here on 7-cups). And also, being 65 is slowing me down a bit when I still need to be going full steam.

The biggest deterrent to me is my brain going 9000 miles an hour about all the things that I wanna do and wanna get done. I simply exhaust myself. I have done so many things in the past three years to stay on track and push past obstacles and hardships that it's getting monotonous to keep trying and I wish I had the money that I could just stop and relax. But I can't, not even close! I may deserve a break but I am not entitled to a break. Bummer, right? 

I have no choice but go strategically crazy for 2025.
If I do it right, I may set myself up with some residual income.

255
User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 8th, 2025

I DID WELL with my paperwork and file cabinets. 

BUT THEN... I got distracted by cooking & phone calls. IT IS 10:00AM and I have a huge job in front of me. The snowstorm has collapsed my storage tent..... I must relocate the contents.

CRAZY MODE.... GET OUT THERE AND DO IT! 10:15am --->

1 reply
User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 8th, 2025

@IsayUncle

Just now, ready to step outdoors.

10:50am: Start equipment and plow my driveways.

load more
User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 8th, 2025

That was more time consuming than I thought. The one driveway will have to be enough

12:03 - core balance chore - wash dishes.

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 8th, 2025

2:50pm: I finished the dishes but then napped for an hour and a half...... stupid stupid stupid.!

3:00pm It's frigid outside, but outside I must go, to build shelves in the other storage shelter.  


User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 8th, 2025

5:36pm: Goal accomplished - shelf structure completed. 

Now to do some core balance chores..... includes cooking and vacuuming floors.

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 9th, 2025

WEEK 2 - DAY 4

8:41AM: I had a pretty good day yesterday.... and a great start to this morning..... But then I dallied., napped and watched YT. Lost/Wasted 2 hours.

9:15am: GET OUTSIDE... UNLOAD COLLAPSING TENT!

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 9th, 2025

WEEK 2 - DAY 4

I worked outside for a couple hours. Came in for lunch and also napped a bit.

2:15pm.... Try Again!!! Back outside. Relocate stuff under collapsing storage tent. 

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 10th, 2025

WEEK 2 - DAY 5

I worked outside until dark yesterday evening. It did not make up for my lost time during the day but what I got done was a good accomplishment.

9:00am.... Continue relocateing stuff from under collapsing storage tent. 

Snow storm is forcast for today..... do as much as i can!

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 10th, 2025

Snowing heavy.... A losing battle for me. The rest of the tent will surely collapse today or this evening.

1:33pm: Build a table and a shelf in the new storge shelter.

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 10th, 2025

4:45pm: Still pushing in new storage shelters

Got a good start for the afternoon. Have to finish table and shelf.

User Profile: IsayUncle
IsayUncle OP January 11th, 2025

WEEK 2 - DAY 6.

8:45am: Continue table and shelves in storage buildings. AFTER feeding dogs and shoveling snow.