Yule Lads, Lassies and Lassos - 7Cups Music band
AnnaSilverberg
December 8th, 2023
✨Hay everyone✨
We are starting a band!
Do you want to join us?
🌟
What is our band called?
Well, I’m bringing a bit from Icelandic culture to you all.
In Iceland, we have more than one Santa Claus, 13 to be exact.
And we call them 🎅The Yule Lads🎅

A fitting name for our band is:
🎅 The Yule Lads, Lassies and Lassos 🎅
What we want you to do is post one (or two) link(s) to a song on YouTube,
it has to be a holiday song and it has to be appropriate.
it has to be a holiday song and it has to be appropriate.
🎁🎄🎁
What we also want from you as well is the reason for why you chose that song,
so here are a few questions to get you started,
you can pick one or all of them and use them in your reply.
🎅Feel free to tag a friend and see what song they like to play at band rehearsals🎅
✨⭐✨
🎄🎅 What made you choose this song?
🎄🎅 What is your favorite memory that is connected to this song?
🎄🎅 What is it about the song that you like?
✨💙✨
✨
✨💙✨
✨
Jenna
December 8th, 2023
🎄🎅 What made you choose this song? - The first song holds spiritual meaning to me in my personal beliefs. Plust it's pretty how this group sang it. The second song is a lot of fun and makes me feel happy about the holiday and the things you can do.
communicativePond1728
December 8th, 2023
@AnnaSilverberg
I don't think I want to be in a band but if I were and had to pick a song maybe it'd be the single edit from The Waitresses called 'Christmas Wrapping'.
✨⭐✨
🎄🎅 What made you choose this song?
I think it'd be a good song for a band to play. Has drums, guitar, singer, brass, etc..
🎄🎅 What is your favorite memory that is connected to this song?
Can a memory exist if it's somehow in the future, past and present at the same time?
🎄🎅 What is it about the song that you like?
I like the lyrics and how the song seems to go beyond genre.
✨💙✨
✨
✨💙✨
✨
HachiBee
December 8th, 2023
@AnnaSilverberg
😃 Yay band! Just don't make me sing, I don't think anyone can take the beautiful harmony of my cracked voice 😂
13 Santa Clauses whoa 😲🎅 Does that mean 13 presentsssss!? 🎁 I'm imagining house full of presents haha
I'll choose this song:
🎄🎅 What made you choose this song?
- I have a tons of fond memories with this song. It's practically a Filipino Christmas tradition to play this song at least once in your household haha When Christmas is on the way, be sure you'll hear this somewhere.
🎄🎅 What is your favorite memory that is connected to this song?
- When we were lil kiddies, this is our top song to carol (most kiddies at that time) haha I remember practicing this with my cousins with our broken harmony, making up our own instruments and going house to house to sing this to people. It was so much fun 🌈✨
There's also this fond memory when we were 7 maybe. When one of the house we went to, a dad told us to sing for his son who never heard anyone carol before because he can't walk. So his dad let us in the house to sing for him. We do that every year since then, until they moved out 💜
🎄🎅 What is it about the song that you like?
- Well it brought up lots of fun memories that I wish I could relive haha This is a very sentimental song for me that holds a lot my childhood memories.
1 reply
@HachiBee
🎵 🎵 Awh! Pick up an instrument and join 🎵 🎵
I love your song choice, how it has such a special meaning to you
and how you still love it after all of those years!
The Yule Lads (Jólasveinar) start coming one by one, 13 days before Christmas.
They all have their own names and character traits and are very, very
and I mean very mischievous 🎅
✨💙✨
✨
load more
Heather225
December 8th, 2023
@AnnaSilverberg
Darren Hayes - Last Christmas (cover)
I picked it because he's one of my favorite artists and his voice is sublime.
I'll go with The First Noel too (no version preference). it brings back very fond childhood memories of magical Christmas Eves.
ZoeRiverthorn
December 14th, 2023
ₒₓ⋆:°* Hi! *°:⋆ₓₒ
🎄🎅 What made you choose this song?
I listen to this song every year. My grandparents love this song and I know it by heart.
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
🎄🎅 What is your favorite memory that is connected to this song?
It is calming to me. it reminds me of my childhood in France.
Meeting all the family members on Christmas can be overwhelming.
But this song never fails to calm me down.
Singing it with my grandma is always peaceful.
Meeting all the family members on Christmas can be overwhelming.
But this song never fails to calm me down.
Singing it with my grandma is always peaceful.
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
🎄🎅 What is it about the song that you like?
Its lyrics are very peaceful and wholesome.
I like that nearly everyone in my family knows this by heart.
We can all connect together with that song.
Its lyrics are very peaceful and wholesome.
I like that nearly everyone in my family knows this by heart.
We can all connect together with that song.
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
4 replies
ZoeRiverthorn
December 14th, 2023
3 replies
@ZoeRiverthorn
That's a nice song!
What made you chose this wonderful song?
✨💙✨
✨
What made you chose this wonderful song?
✨💙✨
✨
2 replies
ZoeRiverthorn
December 14th, 2023
load more
load more
load more