Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Music & Dance Forum

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
BlueRivercares profile picture
Help Wanted: Music & Dance subcommunity
by BlueRivercares
Last post
July 31st, 2025
...See more Music & dance team is looking for both teen and adult listeners and members to join our team! Regardless of whether you prefer the forums or chatrooms, there is a role available for you and we'd love to have you. It is okay you guys don’t have to sing, dance or play for us 😉.  What is most important for us, is your willingness to be part of a team and actively participate in the community.  (All text in blue are clickable) Roles if you like the forums : Community Mentor (Teen Community Star) Role Description: You’re a good fit for the Community Mentor/Teen Star role if you’re passionate about growing and developing a certain community. You’ll be responsible for overseeing the activity and safety in your chosen area and you’ll work closely with the Community Mentor Leader, Forum Supporters and Project Agents to bring supportive posts and events daily.  Requirements: ■ Age 15 or older ■ Verified Listener Badge (Applicable to listeners only) ■ One month as a Forum Supporter ■ 50+ chats ■ 50+ forum posts ■ 50+ forum upvotes ■ Provide links to 3 recent forum threads written in the last month by you ■ Apply here! [https://forms.gle/fbgWYJRPZ4fVfvtV7] Quota : 10 posts per month ------------------------------------------------- Forum Supporter Role Description: A forum supporter is a leader who focuses on 1-3 communities and maintains engagement in the forums by posting and replying to threads with compassion and support.  Requirements for members: ■ 25+ forum upvotes ■ 25+ forum posts ■ Make 10+ forum posts per month ■ Taken the Member Oath [https://www.7cups.com/forum/Welcome_27/7CupsofTeaMissionCoreValues_207/MemberOathAllEncouragedtoParticipate_7447/1/] Requirements for listeners: ■ Verified Listener ■ 25+ forum upvotes ■ 25+ forum posts ■ Make 10+ forum posts per month ■ Taken the Listener Community Guide [https://www.7cups.com/listener-community-guide/] & Listener Oath ■ Click here [https://forms.gle/fbgWYJRPZ4fVfvtV7] to apply! Quota : 10 posts per month ------------------------------------------------- Roles if you like chatrooms : Chatroom Moderator (Listeners Only) Role Description: As a moderator in the group support room, you will be creating and maintaining a supportive and positive community culture in the member chatrooms. Requirements: ■ 25+ group chats ■ 2000+ cheers ■ 4 or higher overall star rating on Listener profile ■ 3+ written reviews ■ Have  Verified Listener Badge [https://www.7cups.com/forum/ListenerProjectsampTeams_148/VerifiedListenersProjectVLProjectQualityProject_685/IWanttobeaVerifiedListener_46935/1/] and Graduate Badge ■ No behavior reports in the past 3 months ■ Been a Listener for at least 6 weeks ■ Been a Room Supporter for at least 2 weeks ■ Click here [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScX7nNahJocq0tgDYBesRicWxTfExFCe5QMI-O-04K-qBjZrA/viewform] to apply! Quota : 100 messages in the group chat and 2 sessions per month ------------------------------------------------- Room Supporter (Members) Role Description: A member leader who creates the desired environment they feel comfortable in and make the room more welcoming for both members and listeners. Responsibilities: ■ To take part in community building with members, listener room supporters, and moderators of the room. ■ To create a kind, compassionate, and supportive environment in group support ■ To support members in the room through active listening skills adjusted for a group support setting ■ To communicate with the rest of the support team ■ To offer feedback and suggestions to team leaders Requirements: ■ Friendly Face Badge ■ Been a member for at least 4 weeks ■ Have completed the Compassion Course ■ Click here [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSetyJ7jp7W52-EIpqvFYLhfmpsgTW4BbzUwmi9r22OQ9AdH8w/viewform] to apply! ------------------------------------------------- Room Supporter (Listeners) Role Description: A room supporter is a listener who has been trained to support members in a group support setting and is integrated into the support team. Responsibilities: ■ To take part in community building with members, listener room supporters, and moderators of the room. ■ To create a kind, compassionate, and supportive environment in group support ■ To support members in the room through active listening skills adjusted for a group support setting ■ To communicate with the rest of the support team ■ To offer feedback and suggestions to team leaders Responsibilities: ■ Listener in the community for 4+ weeks ■ 1 written review + star rating of at least 3 ■ Be willing to send at least 50+  messages per month in your chosen group support room ■ Click here [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSetyJ7jp7W52-EIpqvFYLhfmpsgTW4BbzUwmi9r22OQ9AdH8w/viewform] to apply! Quota : 50 messages in the group chat and 2 sessions per month ------------------------- If you have any questions about what these roles look like in music and dance, please feel free to reach out to me @Bluerivercares [https://7cups.com/@bluerivercares]
tommy profile picture
Music & Dance Automated Taglist!
by tommy
Last post
June 13th, 2025
...See more Welcome to the Music & Dance Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist? ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of 20th June 24 (updated by @bluerivercares) @Aditya006 @Akeri @AloneGhost @Angelwolf8930 @AnimalLover2006 @AquaNyo303 @BelovedMe @BlueMangocat5071 @communicativePond1728 @daydreammemories @DeLeeAh @Elephi @FleurdeNeige @GentleHealingInitiative @GwydionRowan @helpfulBunny6682 @iloveyouxx @Imel3nii @ImpudentIncognito @kindhearted5345 @lovingBraid9917 @naturalBraid8810 @NightingaleListens @novoephemera @OPrimaDonna @PoliteOcean @RedHawk6547 @RIver9852 @sadcat13 @Sakii007 @shadowGREYYSON @Snowy00 @softForest4843 @SparkyGizmo @StarrySkies1236 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @tommy @WeEarth @weppy9232 @wishfulForest1871
clairebear04 profile picture
If you could learn any instrument, what would it be?
by clairebear04
Last post
September 4th
...See more I'll go first! I really want to learn how to play a drum kit, but don't have much access too one. Percussion is so cool and intricate. 
SpagHotline7724 profile picture
does anyone else's instruments have names?
by SpagHotline7724
Last post
August 14th
...See more my friends and I all agree that if you love your instruments you have to name them. no exceptions or excuses! if you name your instruments, tell us what it is! My electric guitar was my first guitar- it is a green schecter diamond edition. it has a really crunchy sound and I love it so much, nothing else has ever even come close. Her name is Alyssa I have a dreadnought Taylor acoustic guitar which is not my first acoustic but my first was a Taylor Swift edition Taylor acoustic and I guess special edition artist guitars don't really feel personal enough to have a name. her name is Charlotte My beginner Yamaha flute which I got in sixth grade is pretty beat up. It has a good amount of minor dents and scratches, and I use it for marching band. Her name is Rose I have another flute which is another Yamaha but it is the intermediate version with the gold lip plate. I just got it recently and it hasn't been played much, but I am going to use it in concert band. I think her name is gonna be Serafina, but it could change since I only got her so recently
Minimum00 profile picture
Tavern music
by Minimum00
Last post
August 14th
...See more Hello everyone, I hope we are all well. I found a new kind of music last month, and 2 days ago, I decided to search for it. Now I'm going to share it because it's really helpful for us. The name is: Peaceful Tavern Fantasy Music | Calm Medieval [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmfsFFDcidE&t=2847s] [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmfsFFDcidE&t=2847s]Ambience for Deep Sleep, Meditation & Stress Relief [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmfsFFDcidE&t=2847s] - by MoonMug Tavern Okay, let me know how you feel about this music. Enjoy.
Bearbear22 profile picture
Why are violas so hated
by Bearbear22
Last post
August 2nd
...See more I play viola and my sister plays cello and she hates on me for no reason just because violas are an underrated instrument. Also is anyone who plays viola actually like the stereotypes cuz all the violists ive ever meet, myself included, aren’t like that.
ItzVesper09 profile picture
Electric Guitar!
by ItzVesper09
Last post
June 9th
...See more Hello! I recently got borrowed an electric guitar last Sunday (8 days ago) I have been learning a bit to play, I can read strings on guitar tabs and also can decently do palm mute for now (Both things which surprised my guitarist friend, not to brag). Still have issues with frets as I haven't developed the coordination and muscle memory to move my hand on the guitar neck, but oh well, that is not something I can rush. I am getting a tuner too. The thingamajig ↓. I also got an amplifier there. Yeah that's all I wanted to say, I don't even know why am I posting this.
shualikelemons17 profile picture
whats instruments do you play?
by shualikelemons17
Last post
March 21st
...See more i'm learning and playing violin for 4 years!
Airionne profile picture
Clarinet players!!
by Airionne
Last post
December 22nd, 2025
...See more Does anyone play the clarinet? Where are my peopleee
passionatePeacock7580 profile picture
My Journey into music 🎶
by passionatePeacock7580
Last post
February 22nd, 2025
...See more Dear music lover, I hope that you too feel connected to music. I'm a musician myself. You'll be surprised to hear the story of why I became a musician.  I have been fascinated by the song oru murai vandhu parthaya in manichitrathazh, in Malayalam language that released 3 decades ago. Its very mesmerizing the lyrics and music. When I was a child my parents and I were going thru the countryside of tamilnadu and my father was listening to flute music. Upon recognition of the song that was playing I told my mother isn't this the same tune from that manichitrathazh song. She said yes. The song was struck in my mind.  I researched and found that its kundalavarali ragam. I had the fascination to learn to play flute but never got the motivation. And then life moved on even though the fascination of flute music was struck to the back of my mind.  5 years ago, i had a good friend called Sanjay who unfortunately passed away in an accident. Our friends group were really shocked. We had a rememberance meeting for him and during that someone said that we shouldn't have an unfulfilled desire. If we desire something we should fulfill it at the earliest.  That was an eye opener for me and I went and joined music class the very next day. I've been playing flute for the last 5 years now 🙏 I hope to play kundalavarali ragam very soon. 
reservedLemon3164 profile picture
Someone who plays in an orchestra here?
by reservedLemon3164
Last post
December 12th, 2024
...See more Hii, i'm Frances and i play the flute. I am also a part of an orchestra (mostly strings plus me and two clarinets) and i wanted to ask, what are your favourite little things about playing in an orchestra? Mine is the little clap that our conductor gives us after we finish a concert before she turns to the audience and bows. And one more - the bond formed between musicians who make silly faces at each other during rehearsals (aka me and the drums guy)
UrL0c4lDis4pp0intm3nt profile picture
Anybody a band kid?
by UrL0c4lDis4pp0intm3nt
Last post
September 28th, 2024
...See more If you were or are in band I would love to hear about your experiences. I'm just joining band for the second time bc I quit the first time lol. Anyway I wanna hear about your experience:)
Elephi profile picture
Bansuri & Tabla
by Elephi
Last post
April 7th, 2024
...See more Do you like bansuri flute or tabla drums from India? Share your favorite performance or song! @Aditya006 @Akeri @AloneGhost @Angelwolf8930 @AnimalLover2006 @BlueMangocat5071 @communicativePond1728 @daydreammemories @DeLeeAh @Elephi @FleurdeNeige @grimsmark8 @GwydionRowan @helpfulBunny6682 @iloveyouxx @ImpudentIncognito @kindhearted5345 @lovingBraid9917 @novoephemera @PoliteOcean @RIver9852 @sadcat13 @Sakii007 @Snowy00 @softForest4843 @SparkyGizmo @StarrySkies1236 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @tommy @warmheartedgreyyson @WeEarth @weppy9232 @SensitiveMortalM Click HERE [https://www.7cups.com/forum/music/CommunitySpace_2579/MusicDanceAutomatedTaglist_306963/] to be added/removed from the community taglist
here4eachother profile picture
Playing an instrument as a hobby
by here4eachother
Last post
March 27th, 2024
...See more Hey everyone! I play the Double Bass (Classical) as a hobby. I started in 2017 and have been going for lessons with a professional player for the past 6 years. Since last year I've started playing at concerts every once in a while and loved it. I love my Double Bass so much. Like, SO MUCH. It brings me so much joy and gives me hope. I cannot imagine my life without this beautiful instrument. Finding time to practice every day remains an ongoing challenge, especially as an adult with all the responsibilities that come with being one. It's also been great for my mental health, as it is a healthy distraction. I'd LOVE to hear from any of you who play an instrument. Whether you used to play, have managed to keep playing over the years or are looking to take up an instrument as a hobby in the near future, I'd love to hear from all of you!

Music & Dance


Welcome to Music & Dance! This supportive place for you to share everything and anything related to Music and Dance.


What are the different forum topics for Music & Dance?

Community Space: A place for icebreakers, introductions, discussions and community check-ins.

Music: A place for everything music related!


How can I help?

You can help us by simply responding to threads and sharing your story (if you're comfortable). Check-in with us, join a discussion, or start one! Alternatively, you can join us as a Forum Leader. Check out this thread for more information.


Helpful Threads

Taglist: Do you want to stay up to date with our community? Then join our tag list to be notified whenever there is a new discussion or update within the community!


Music & Dance FAQ

Q: Are there any sub-community-specific guidelines that we need to adhere to?

A: You can find Sub-community-specific guidelines below, which you should follow in addition to the general forum guidelines.


Help! I still have a question!  If you need help, feel free to contact a community leader or post here, and someone will contact you!