Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trichtotillomania: Support! Share! Ask!

User Profile: caringCam04
caringCam04 April 30th, 2020

Hello there lovelies!!! Welcome to my official Trichotillomania support forum! I noticed that there is not many active threads so I created one meant to be continually used for supporting fellow pullers, answersing peoples questions and sharing coping advice, and to share stories!!! So if you are a puller who is seeking support, you have come to the right place! My goal is to help people who feel alone, embarrassed, ashamed, and all the other terrible feelings that come with Trichotillomania. I, myself, suffer from Trichotillomania. Thats the whole reason I wanted to start this forum in the first place. Here I can share my story, relate with others, support others, and learn more about other peoples journeys.

So.... here is my plan:

Once a week I will post an activity, question, an opportunity to share, etc. for us to do. You can add to that post anytime youd like, and you will have the opportunity to learn and share with others. Starting Next Monday is when I will put up the first activity. Then I will post a second one the following Monday, and so on (THIS PLAN MIGHT CHANGE!!! ALSO IF NO ONE JOINS IN THE FIRST WEEK OR SO I WILL NOT POST ANOTHER ACTIVITY UNTIL AT LEAST ONE PERSON JOINS!!!). Now, I know there wont be a lot of people apart of this forum at first, and it will be kind of quiet until people start joining, but I will do my best to speed it up so we have lots of people part of our community!

Got Any Questions? Just reply to this post and tag me (@caringCami1304) and ask away!

Anyways, I love you all! Stay strong! Dont stop doing what you love!!! ❤️❤️❤️

Heres some of my all time favorite motivational quotes....

You miss 100% of the shots you dont take —Wayne Gretzky —Micheal Scott (The Office fans will get it 😋)

Sometimes Ill start a sentence and I dont even know where its going. I just hope I find it along the way. —Micheal Scott

I wanna be defined by the things that I love, not the things that I hate, not the things Im afraid of, or the things that fought me in the middle of the night, I just think that, you are what you love. —Taylor Swift

Step into the daylight and let it go —Taylor Swift

If you want to give light to others you have to glow yourself. —Thomas S. Monson

14
User Profile: caringCam04
caringCam04 OP May 4th, 2020

Week One ~ Get To Know You Activity!

Hello again everyone! Now, I know no one has really responded to this thread but I will not give up hope! I am changing something up a little bit. Instead of solely focusing on Trichotillomania, I want to provide support for other BFRBs such as Dermatillomania, Trichophagia, and other picking, pulling, and biting behaviors. (Please let me know about any other BFRBs I might be missing!)

So this week my goal is to help us get to know each other better in thus sub-community through this activity, so we can better understand and support each other. All I encourage you to do is post something about yourself. Please keep in mind that theres no minimum or maximum to the length of your response (meaning you dont have you make it x sentences long/short) and you can share as much or as little about yourself as youd like. Its optional, and if you want, you guys can answer these questions if you dont know what to say:

1. Whats your dream vacation?

2. A hobby you have?

3. If any, what pets do you have? (Or dream pet if you dont have one)

4. Favorite book, movie, song, etc.?

5. Favorite part about being on 7cups?

So.... Heres a bit about me: My dream vacation is to go to Hawaii, I like drawing and running, my dream pet is a husky, my favorite movies are the Avengers, and I love being on 7cups because I get to help people and I get to socialize with others! Now its your turn!

Please Note: Dont compare yourself to others! Everyone is different and amazing in their own way!!! Participating in these activities is 100% your choice, no pressure at all! Yall are loved! ❤️

1 reply
User Profile: Glaewen21
Glaewen21 May 24th, 2020

@caringCami1304

Hello!

1. Dream vacation would be New Zealand.

2. My biggest hobby is video games.

3. I have a chunky cat named Loki 😂

4. Favorite movie(s) are the Lord of the Rings movies.

5. I just joined 7 Cups today as a listener. I like being a part of something meaningful, and related to Psychology which is one of my passions.

Thank you for creating this thread by the way! I did not expect to see a thread specifically for Trichotillamania since it's so uncommon.

1 reply
User Profile: caringCam04
caringCam04 OP May 27th, 2020

@Glaewen21 hey there! Yeah, its kind sad. I big part of why I joined 7cups was to get support for it but not a lot of people know about it so I want to raise awareness, also for other BFRBs. Well welcome, this is an amazing community and youll love being a listener!

load more
User Profile: SupportiveSnapdragon
SupportiveSnapdragon June 8th, 2020

@caringCami1304

Hi!

1. My dream vacation is to Ireland.

2. I enjoy running and playing tenor sax.

3. I have two African Dwarf frogs. They

1 reply
User Profile: caringCam04
caringCam04 OP June 30th, 2020

@SupportiveSnapdragon hey there! Sorry Ive been very inactive the past few weeks. Your favorite movie is Wall-E?? That was my childhood! Anyways, Im happy youve joined this community! ❤️

load more
User Profile: Want2Bsum1Else7
Want2Bsum1Else7 December 14th, 2020

@ Hi. I dont know if I'm the first person to join.....my name is Gemma, I've suffered with Trichotillomania since I was 24, I never knew what it was at first.....and I've had days it's really got me down coz I've had zero eyelashes or eyebrows.

I had a dog.....a stray that I rescued back in 2017, I named her Treasure and it was like she was an angel sent to me to stop me feeling so out of place in the world, ....but unfortunately Treasure got sick and had to be Euthanized 2 weeks ago, it tore me apart as she was my world, I couldn't stop crying for days and I miss her so much, such a scruffy little thing she was, my absolute best friend, without her it's been so hard......aswell as Trich I also suffer with social anxiety, I believe I am on the autism spectrum, and I only have one friend that I've known since highschool, but even me and her dont speak much because that's how awkward I am.....I get selective mutism when faced with certain situations or people, it's really hard, I know exactly what I want to say and the words are there but it's like they just refuse to come out.

I get down a lot and never think I'm good enough at anything, I'm a qualified beauty therapist but I'm afraid to move ahead with it as my mind tells me im not good ....

I used to be a bookworm, but find it hard to read much these days, im sorry if I've droned on to much, ....

1 reply
User Profile: caringCam04
caringCam04 OP January 2nd, 2021

@Want2Bsum1Else7

Hey there Gemma! I am so happy you found this thread. Sadly it is very inactive (especially since I went offline for a long time) but I'm hoping to change that. I am so sorry to hear about your dog, that is a very awful thing to go through, losing something so special to you. I hope you find the support you need! 💕 It seems you deal with a lot mentally. I hope 7cups is treating you well, and please know you are not alone! I would say you can PM me if you need, but you appear to be an adult whereas I'm a minor, and minors can't be listeners for adults. But I know there's other listeners here who can help you if you need it! Take care Gemma. (Wonderful name by the way, I love it!)

load more
load more
User Profile: ShadowTag
ShadowTag June 8th, 2020

I struggle with some BFRBs it makes it hard to focus a lot it's a mind numbing activity so I don't feel the most social right now.

1 reply
User Profile: caringCam04
caringCam04 OP June 30th, 2020

@ShadowTag hey, sorry for replying so late. I went inactive for awhile. Dont worry, its ok to not feel social. I understand having and experiencing BFRBs can be hard. Im here for you, just like everyone else here ok 7cups ❤️

1 reply
User Profile: ShadowTag
ShadowTag July 11th, 2020

@caringCami1304

It's OK I'm vaguely here anyway

load more
load more
User Profile: Alex1317
Alex1317 August 30th, 2020

@caringCami1304

I just joined today and was so happy to find a thread about Trich- didn't think there would be any.

User Profile: caringCam04
caringCam04 OP January 2nd, 2021

Hey everyone! I am SUPER sorry! I deactivated my account for ahwile and I only recently re-activated it. I will be posting an activity next Monday. I'm so happy to see some people have joined! I really hope we can keep this thread as active as possible. BFRB's are rarely talked about but are super common, and I think this kind of struggle needs more attention. Take care everyone! ❤️