Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

OCD Ruminations

User Profile: universalbutterflies
universalbutterflies September 20th

I need someone to talk to, reassure me, just something to get me out of my head. I feel like asking for help is setting myself up for disaster, but I’m struggling right now.

I struggle with magical thinking, health concern, and existential OCD. I’ll overthink any and all minor health concerns. I’ve been in and out of the ER for severe panic attacks. My OCD says that something bad will happen before I’m able to get better or that I’m wasting my time trying to get better because I’ll have a medical emergency and it won’t matter.

I start therapy on the 30th, but that’s 10 days away and I don’t know what to do until then. I feel hopeless and I don’t feel like me. I feel like something bad is going to happen every waking second and I’m barely getting through it.

3
User Profile: Supporturself00
Supporturself00 September 24th

@universalbutterflies

Dear Beloved,

I can understand how much pain you are experiencing. You do not have to work through all your thoughts at once. Try to remain in the present moment and focus on what you can do and control right now. We do not have control over everything, and the future is often unpredictable. Try not to spend your energy trying to predict or prevent every possible negative outcome. Focus on healthy activities that help you cope and get through the present moment. You can also write down your experiences to discuss them with your therapist.

I am glad that you are seeking professional support. Please take care of yourself, Beloved.

User Profile: nuree02
nuree02 October 1st

You can talk to me. I am available :⁠-⁠)

User Profile: Mohamed2027
Mohamed2027 Wednesday

You can talk to me now