Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

azurePondering with a Bear

User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 April 15th, 2025

@azurePond

The azure pond that once was bare, has now been overflowing around with care. A friend for me and a friend for you, when will Tiny attack us two. When in doubt don't be drought, all your notions will soon flow out!

581
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP September 8th, 2025

@Azurepond

Hey Pond, I am sorry. I know you're going through something tough I hope that gets better for you.

I just had a really really bad moment with myself, I don't wanna talk about it at all, sorry, but I mostly likely will be taking a break from almost everything for a week or so. I might pop by tomorrow (the 8th, my birthday) and say hi and let some other people know. Also knowing me and how I can't stick to any I say I'll do, I will probably get on earlier, but I am not sure. Sorry really don't wanna just be talking about me, but I wanted to let you know in case you show back up before I decide I can handle the Internet.

I love you Pond, stay safe and take care of yourself. 🩵

1 reply
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 6th, 2025

@7Bear7 Hey Bear,

I’m so sorry I missed your birthday * sending you belated birthday wishes and a big virtual cake* 🎂💙

I’m also really sorry I couldn’t be there when you were going through a rough time. Even if you didn’t want to talk about it... I wish I could’ve just held space for you.

And hey about what you said “knowing me and how I can’t stick to anything I say I’ll do” --- don’t be so hard on yourself. Think of it this way... you’re someone who adapts. You adjust your plans based on new circumstances, environments or factors ... whether physical, mental or logistical. No one really sticks to their plans a hundred percent anyway. Yk, man proposes, God disposes.

Thank you for the heads -up about taking a break. I hope it gives you the peace and space you need.
Love you lots, Bear. Stay safe and take care 🩵

load more
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP September 15th, 2025

@azurepond

Hey Pond, are you okay? Miss you, I know I took a break from everything (Internet wise other than music) for a bit but I don't see you here either. I really hope your okay, I have been praying for you during my break and play to continue to do so. 

Still really miss you and want to hear from you whether its good or bad (while I want good for your sake, I really just want to hear your ok). When ever you see this just know I love you and want you too know your not alone.🩵

1 reply
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 6th, 2025

@7Bear7 Hey Bear,

I wasnt ok for a while but I’m slowly getting better now. My anxiety and PTSD flared up and then my physical health took a hit too... weak lungs and an irregular heart… it felt like a double attack.
Thank you for checking in on me even during your internet break. You’re such a good hearted kid, yk? and a very good friend.  And your prayers really did help, Bear. I really missed you too… well as much as someone with more meds than bl00d in their veins can consciously miss someone.
But you know me... I’m a fighter. I always come back. Thank you, Bear, for reminding me I’m not alone.
How are you doing? Id really love to know what’s been happening on your end. We’ve got a lot to catch up on!
<3

load more
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP September 17th, 2025

@azurepond

Hey Pond, Bear here. It's been quite awhile and I really miss you. I know you mentioned a really bad day, and PTSD, for which I am very sorry for and pray and hope that you are recovering and healing. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know, cuz I am here for you as much as I can be. I umm really want to talk with you, your one of if not my closest friend (*I know right, Internet stranger how are they closer than anyone in your life!?” To that I say, well there are less repercussions for telling someone on the Internet something than someone you see at church every Sunday. So yea I guess I was able to trust you faster, and more partially because of the Internet, but mostly because you're you and you understand me a lot, also I like to hope that if we had met in person we would still have been friends.) anyways tangent over, I wanna talk with you but I don't want to overwhelm you with like a thousand messages when you show up, but I also don't want you to think I didn't care cuz I didn't type??? Ya know? So I guess I'll send you some stuff but try not to send too much? (I know delicate balance ya say, hopefully by the time you read this I'll have succeeded.)

So here is my message, working on getting a job finally got a partial offer and did a background check, now waiting for a reply. Hope that goes well. I've been having some really up and down moments after fully coming back to the Internet, so I am limiting myself somewhat starting tonight, tho not on cups that will stay with how it was/is. Trying to be better in my faith but not fully succeeding, I have been studying some more than I was but my bad habits and other things are about the same, hopefully the Internet influence I am trying to remove will curb that. Uhhh I've been trying to write poetry but either been busy, or didn't know what to write or wrote to God (that one was really good night share either eventually) but otherwise haven't been able to much. Idk I feel like that's about it for now, not much else I can say without talking to you first.

Once again I pray you are healing, safe, and supported. Know I miss ya and will do my best to love and support you too! 🩵


1 reply
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 17th, 2025

@7Bear7 Hey Bear,

I’ve missed you too. Apologies for the late reply … I know quite a bit has changed since you first texted me but I still wanted to respond because… honestly, I was really touched that you took the time to write such long messages.. proper letters, really… while I was away. It felt… Idk, comforting, somehow. Like someone genuinely missed me for who I am. I’m truly glad that 7 Cups brought me to you and everyone here
I actually teared up a bit when I saw your message  and all the lovely ones from the rest of our little group  saying you missed me. It was so pure. Because like you said we’re “internet strangers”… or rather, internet friends, since you probably know me better than some people who actually see me irl (minus the identifying details ofc) So yes, back to internet friends.
And what’s special is that it’s not a transactional sort of friendship. Maybe this kind of emotional give-and-take is normal where you are but it’s not something I’ve experienced much in my own life. Every relationship here seems to have some material layer to it… maybe that’s just my family’s narrow world view talking. Anyway the fact that you miss me simply because you miss my presence… that’s so refreshingly genuine. It really moved me. So yes I miss you too. Thank you for being my friend.
And you’re right … it’s easier to open up to someone on the internet than to someone you see every day. But still, stay safe, Bear. Even though I’d never exploit anything you say, it is the internet after all… and sometimes… if you share too many identifying details, things can unexpectedly circle back to people you actually know. So just a fair warning… sorry if that sounds a bit preachy, I just slip into big sister mode sometimes.
I hope so too, Bear. If we ever met in real life… I’d like to think we’d be friends just the same. Although, knowing me, you probably wouldn’t talk to me at first…  I’ve been told I have a very bad resting angry face and apparently I come off as intimidating. Plus I rarely start conversations with strangers. So in this imaginary scenario, I really hope you’d be the one to say hi first (though please don’t go saying hi to every angry looking stranger you meet).
I know you care, Bear. Also, well done for maintaining the balance… you’re a true Jedi. (Although you’re very welcome to tip the balance and spam me too… Im a bit partial to the Sith as well. I have an evil streak.)
Wow!!!!! congratulations, Bear! I really hope you get the job. How are you feeling about it…  excited? Nervous?
Give faith time. Everyone wrestles with it now and then. It’s a bit like sharpening a knife. If you leave it untouched, it grows dull. But if you want it to keep cutting, you have to grind it against stone from time to time. That testing keeps it sharp. Faith works the same way.
Trying to study? What about? And as for bad habits… they don’t change overnight. That’s the thing about habits, they come naturally. So the first step is to make them unnatural. Like…  if you’re dealing with internet addiction, make it harder for yourself to access the internet. Out of sight out of mind. Then replace it with something like  maybe books. And don’t go cold turkey, just phase it out gradually. Reward yourself for small progress. That’s how I usually approach it. Keeping a habit tracker helps too.
As for poetry and writing… they can’t be forced. But they also don’t come when your mind’s either too cluttered or completely blank. What helps me is sitting down with a pen and a scrap of paper and just writing whatever comes to mind .. it usually goes ike this..
“I’ve got my pen. I hear sirens outside. I wonder whats going on. I want to write something, maybe a poem or a story but I’ve no idea what about. Lately I’ve been feeling tired. Maybe I should write about tiredness  but everyone writes about that. And what am I even tired of? It’s not like Im working hard. Other people have it much worse. Maybe I should go outside and touch some grass … oh but it’s night. Should I write about night? Everyone writes about night. Maybe vampires. But everyone writes about vampires too.  Exactly… everyone writes abouteverything. There are no truly original ideas left. So maybe I should write about an immortal vampire whos impossible to impress. If I were 200 years old I’d have seen it all. History wouldnt be something I studied… it would be something Id lived through. The present would just feel like patterns repeating themselves. I’d be bored.  Human lives would pass by like the flutter of a moth… barely a blip. Maybe I should turn that into a short story. A vampire who is not impressed by anything .. sounds like my mother but still.. Maybe about vampire discovering what “individuality “ means to humans. Maybe through a baker.. not all bread is the same. But do vampires even eat bread?. Ok may be not bread.... *brain storming continues *

That’s literally how I get started… writing helps me think. Hopefully it’ll work for you too.
You’re always in my prayers, Bear. Love you loads. Take care, Bear 💛

load more
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP September 21st, 2025

@azurepond 

Hey Pond , I know you got a lot to catch up on with everyone, so please don't rush or be worried cuz we gotcha and understand! Anyways uhhh life, yea it's something I guess, ohh yeah you said you grandma said hi! So hiya Ponds Gradmama! How art thou? Hope you're healing up good, and not getting worse, your still in my prayers. Uhh I got a lot of stuff that's happened but idk what to say, don't wanna just spam information with context or the right vibe ya know? Do you know what the fastest man made object ever was? Also I am not good at updating people, so yea I either rambling uselessly or don't say anything cuz there isn't a need or I don't want to tell them that? Yea nko . I had a decently long day, working on my grandparents property, weed eating an d other stuff with trees and stuff my dad was working on their driveway. idk I am rambling hard right now but just wanna talk with people, which I have been, I just idk your a really good talking buddy? (No pressure! It's bad for the ankle! ;) ;) lol sorry hop that joke landed on the good foot?) (but seriously hope that was appropriate enough, I am not always good at telling wge. And what people can joke about, but I generally joke about my smaller injuries, but never really had anything major, other than getting knocked out by a horse but I joke about that cuz it was FUNNY!!) UHH  chocolate or mint? fried chicken wing or pork butt? French toast at the end of the world? Or no? Idk I think I should stop before this gets out of hand ,Soo yea idk what I am saying other than get better for your own health and stuff

Love ya Pond your in my prayers and thoughts, take care, until next rambling 🩵

User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP September 24th, 2025

@azurepond

Hey Pond, sending a another check in and update. Still praying for you! Actually I am praying a little more consistently for a multitude of reasons. I hope you are still healing and not getting into anything worse. Also hi Ponds Gradmama! Would a ponds grandmother be a lake??? Idk maybe any if she is still with you (or you with her?) I hope that's going good! Once again if you need anything (that a person halfway across the world that you only know through a anonymous mental health website can do) let me know and I'll do my best!

Uhhh about me? Not sure when I last wrote, but I learned something new that shook me (something good) but it makes me terrified of the future, and is also motivating to improve myself. I can't say or talk much about it yet, but at some point I'll be allowed to tell you. I am trying to learn more general knowledge and advice, especially from a more conservative and or Christian perspective, but not denying knowledge from others.

Also I had a good day today, it was long and tiring but I started good, had struggled to put the mower deck on but got it finally and mowed for half the day, so that was nice, but obviously hot and tiring, ya know. I listen to some podcasts today especially stuff from a Jordan Peterson, he is very thoughtful and inspects his words so much before speaking, it's inspiring.

Anyways, love ya, take good care of yourself, I'll keep you in my prayers still so don't worry to much. 🩵

User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 7th, 2025

@azurepond

Hello Pond, sorry for replying late. I couldn't figure out the words or was busy laundry, with government papers, dissociating, of just ya know wasting time. Besides that, I am REALLY HAPPY your back, and hopefully much better! I uhh don't know what else to say, I will respond to your other messages soonish, but it may take a day or a few, I have to go deal with the government tomorrow, for who knows how long, and I might not even get on here tomorrow. so just know, I am not ignoring you, just busy with stuff I don't want to do, lol 😭

Love you, you're in my prayers, and do take care of yourself! 🩵

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 7th, 2025

Heloo Bear... so I wrote a m@fi@  story  because of you. It’s all fictional... the characters, the plot, everything. I wrote it because you inspired me but soon I realised that I am not good at plotting mu.rders or cover up so stuff is happening offstage. Apologies for the swearing and the offscreen mu.rders.

Safer in Silence

I was hired to fix her sentences, not to keep her secrets.

Turns out, keeping the secrets was non negotiable according to the NDA.

Penelope Drake was a rising star in crime fiction- dark, meticulous, obsessed with structure. Or so her editor swore. My job? Punch up scenes, trim dialogue, maybe prod about character arcs if I felt brave. A glorified ghostwriter. The pay was good. No cubicle, no fluorescent h3ll, no pretending to care about tech startups. I signed an NDA thicker than a novella without reading it. The legalese boiled down to: Don’t even think about talking.

I’d signed weirder for rent money. Figured she was a recluse. Or into f3tishes she didn’t want leaked.

On day one, she answered the door barefoot, drowning in a sweater. Dry voice, lazy posture… not the fifty year old literary titan I’d expected. Mid twenties but her eyes looked like they’d witnessed every war and peace since the 1800s.

“Don’t touch the desk” she said. “Persian ink. It smudges.”

Her penthouse was spotless, sterile. White walls, white floor, white light. She didn’t live in it so much as haunt it. Though she talked to her houseplants like they were old friends. That’s when I noticed the silver horse on her desk. not some tame, corporate mustang but a blade disguised as an animal. Its body was stretched mid gallop, muscles coiled under polished metal, hooves forever suspended in the act of crushing something.

At first I thought it was an award.

“Family heirloom,” she said, catching my glance. “Ugly as h3ll, but they’d notice if I got rid of it.”

She poured the tea like it was a ritual. Black, no sugar, steeped for exactly four minutes. “Permanent brain damage starts after four minutes without oxygen” she added like it was a fun fact from a dinner party.

The first sip always made her flinch and still, she drank it down.

“Habit” she said, catching my stare again. “Some things stick even when you hate them.”


The first real crack  appeared the day the banker die.d.

We were knee deep in a scene. Clean ki.ll, carbon monoxide staged as su.icide. She dictated while pacing….. then stopped. Fingers suspended mid air. Her eyes fixed on the muted TV. A news ticker crawled across the bottom:

Prominent banker Rob Daniels found dea.d. Police suspect sui.cide.

She didn’t blink. But the corner of her mouth twitched, barely.

“You knew him?” I asked.

She just muttered  “Let’s cut the scene. The gas part’s boring.”

That night, I googled her. Same old results I’d skimmed back when I was just trying to find a photo before signing the NDA: a clipped Wikipedia entry, glossy magazine interviews with answers that read like they’d been ghostwritten twice. Her editor handled the Inst@gr@m which was sanitized, impersonal, nothing real. 

So I googled the banker.

Which led me to a condolences video by Equinox Logistics. The founder, Henry Marshall, had been friends or “business associates” with Daniels.

I didn't even know what I was searching for or why.



“Why write about mur.der?” I asked her one morning, pretending it was a question about craft.

Without looking up, she said “You write what you know.”

I held my breath. ‘And what do you know, Penelope?’

She paused mid sentence. Looked at me like she was choosing her answer.

Then: “Crime is boring. You wouldn’t believe how ordinary it is. That’s what makes it work.”

I was not judging someone who chose to write about mu.rders. Morals were expensive. I had made peace with that sometime between the third overdraft fee and the day my sister called saying the twins needed school uniforms.

I pointed to the victim’s backstory. "We should make her more sympathetic."

Penelope lit a cigarette. "Why?"

"So readers care when she d.ies."

"They won’t, Lloyd" She exhaled smoke. "They’ll skim the de.ad girl’s hobbies, then race to the mu.rder. Give them two lines: ‘She liked tulips and owed her dea.ler three grand.’ Done."

I hesitated. "That’s cold."

She smiled. "So’s the morgue."


I found the real reason for my uneasiness around her the day her printer jammed.

She handed it to me like it was beneath her. When I opened the tray, a half printed email slipped out.

Subject: Ghost E Lloyd
Debts.  No police/political ties. Clean. But curious —Tea

I froze.

Then tucked it back in and left it alone. At least outwardly.

But it stuck in my head like a splinter. E LLyod obviously stands for Eric Llyod– Me. Why did they do a PI level background check on me? And who the *** was “Tea”? Short for gossip? Or a codename?

The next day the penthouse was its usual self… white, silent, smelling of ink and something faintly antiseptic. I was elbow deep in a chapter about a p0isoned wineglass when I heard it: a delicate clink.

Then I saw her.

A cat, white as the walls, fur gleaming like polished silver. She stared at me with eyes that matched Penelope’s… too knowing, too old for something so small.

“You have a cat” I said, stupidly.

She didn’t look up from her manuscript. “That’s Silvy.  She’s not mine.” A pause. “A friend’s. I’m babysitting.”

“Oh?”

“ He’s taking her sister to the vet.”

I almost laughed. It was the most mundane thing she’d ever said. “Sister?”

“Mm. Spoony.” Penelope finally glanced at Silvy, her voice softening in a way I’d never heard. “They’re strays. Raised together.Silvy’s the clever one,” Penelope said, almost proud. “Spoony’s the one who falls off ***.”

The cat leapt onto her desk, tail flicking against the silver horse figurine. Penelope didn’t shoo her away, just scratched the cat behind the ears absently, like it was a habit.

I filed it away: Penelope Drake, has a soft spot for cats.

(And, more importantly: Penelope has a friend. A real one. One who trusts her with something alive)

Then Silvy padded over to me, sniffed my sleeve, and promptly bit my wrist.

Penelope smirked. “She likes you.”

A week passed. 

I spent Easter Sunday at my sister’s place, poking at dry ham while my nieces side eyed my untouched wine glass like I was a fallen saint. I just preferred whiskey.
She sat across from me, arms folded. “So. Still writing… whatever it is you’re writing?”
“It’s crime fiction now,” I said. “Technically. Pu.nching up someone else’s scenes.”
“Sounds… stable.”
I smirked. “It’s a paycheck.”
She didn’t respond right away. Just stared at her plate. “Rent’s due Thursday. I might need to float the power bill another week. Can you—”
“I’ll send something,” I said before she could finish. “Couple hundred.”
She blinked, surprised. “Seriously, Eri?”
I nodded. “Ghostwriters get paid too, you know. Even if our names aren’t on anything.”
Lily piped up. “Uncle Eri, what’s a ghostwriter?”
“Someone who writes books for people who’d rather take the credit,” I said, spearing another bite. “Like a stunt double, but for words.”
“Oh,” Emmy said, disappointed. “I thought it was spooky.”
I smiled as Penelope’s face flashed through my mind.  “Sometimes it is.”

When I returned to the penthouse, Penelope was already three glasses deep, red wine staining her lips. Her laptop was open to a scene we’d scrapped days ago. The silver horse had migrated to the windowsill, dipped in sunset.

“You have family, Lloyd?” she asked suddenly as if she did not do a background check on me. Maybe it was standard, procedural ones where they hired someone to check whether I was a convicted felon or anything.

“Yeah. Sister. Two nieces,” I said, slow. “You?”

She swirled her glass. “A business dad. A dea.d mother. The usual. A brother and a sister. They are all busy running spreadsheets.” A faint smirk. “I don’t bother with them.”

I caught myself checking her expression before I asked, “Not even on Easter?”

“Tea texted me a bunny gif.”

“Tea?” I asked, the syllable echoing the name from the printer email. Could “Tea” be “the Tea”?

“She shrugged. “My brother. Thinks he’s the funny one.”

I forced a laugh. “You don’t like his jokes?”

“Something like that.” She turned back to her laptop. “Scene twelve needs work.”

But I wasn’t thinking about the scene. I was thinking about  the Tea. The brother who allegedly  ran background checks?

That night I searched for Tea Drake. Nothing. Then tried “T. Drake.” Still no hits. Then: T-names, male—Thomas, Tyler,Taylor,  Tyson, Tim...even Teagan… Lin.kedIn swallowed me whole.

By 2 a m, I gave up.

The next morning, I was fifteen minutes late.

She’d given me a keycard by then, so I let myself in. She was at the desk, but as soon as she saw me, she scooped up her papers, stuffed them into a folder.

“You’re late. I thought you weren’t coming.”

I mumbled an apology.

That’s when I saw it—the symbol on one of the documents.

It hit me like a migraine: I knew that logo. A horse leaping from the curve of a Q.  I’d seen daily… on billboards across from my apartment, in subway ads, splashed across business magazines.

Equinox Logistics .

She didn’t notice me staring as she locked the folder away.

I didn’t say anything. Not then. Equinox had its own conspiracy threads—whispers of smu.ggling, offshore accounts, shell companies. People called them a corporate m@fia. But nothing stuck.

She put the papers in her safe and  came back with the manuscript and pointed to the  circled paragraph with her fountain pen. "This is ***."

I leaned over. The line read: The bl00d pooled like spilled merlot.

"Too purple?"

"Too wrong." She tapped the nib against her teeth. "Arterial spray doesn't pool. It arcs." She demonstrated with her pen. A drop of ink hit the manuscript. "See?"

I swallowed. "I'll fix it."

I didn't care what Penelope  did for money, not really. The panic in my chest wasn’t about the man who might di.e. It was about whether I’d be next. I thought about leaving. About vanishing. But debt collectors don’t respect mysteries. And my sister’s name was still tied to my emergency contact forms. I had chained too much of myself to the living.

But that day Penelope made me leave  early. One: because she saw I was distracted. Two: because she got too many calls.


I went home and searched again. Henry Marshall , the founder. Lucas Marshall , the CEO. And Tea... could that be Thierry Marshall? The thrill chasing, stunt posting Y0uTube guy who occasionally dabbled in "background research"?

But there was nothing on Penelope.

Henry Marshall’s Wikipedia said he had two sons. No mention of a daughter.
So… an illegitimate child? A secret sibling? Maybe that’s why her last name was Drake—unless it was just a pseudonym.
Or maybe she had a deal with Equinox. Did they ship her books? Is that how it works? Or was she researching them for something she was writing?

My head was a carousel of half-baked theories when she called.
“Family emergency,” she said. “Let’s postpone the next session. A week, maybe more.”

Of course, I said yes.

But something in her voice told me this wasn’t the kind of family emergency you send flowers for.

The next week, she asked me to meet her at a café.

Not the penthouse. Not the publishing office. A café.

Silver Spoon’s Café, tucked into a leafy by lane like it didn’t care to be found. The café's logo, a sleek black cat poised to pounce on a silver spoon, glared at me from the door. Either the owner had terrible taste in decor, or this was some rich person’s idea of irony. Given what I knew about this neighborhood, I was betting on both.

This was the kind of place with soft jazz and mismatched chairs. I almost laughed when I walked in. After every conspiracy theory I binge read on sub r3ddit about Equinox LLC, this felt…absurd.
Penelope was already there, at a corner table, sipping what looked like iced lavender tea. A pair of sunglasses shielded her eyes, but I could tell she’d been watching the door since before I arrived.
“There’s a monthly cleaning going on,” she said lightly. “Security checks. Pest control. Paper shredders. That sort of thing.”
Riiiight.
The café belonged to her friend, she said. Lyndon Hazard, who came out from behind the counter after a few minutes. Tall, broad, leather apron. Smiled like a man who knew too much and had learned to make peace with it.
She called him Indy. He called her Drake. Not Penny. Not Penelope. Just: Drake. And he said it with the ease of someone who’d been calling her that for years. Maybe Drake is her real name after all.
They joked for a bit, and then he glanced at me. Measured, amused. Like a bouncer pretending to be a barista.
“You the gh0st?” he asked.
“That’s what they call me.”
He grinned. “Drake’s ghost. Fitting.”
She rolled her eyes. “Shut the h3ll up, Indy.”
He chuckled. “This one’s a  Pirate in a poet’s coat. Swears like one too”

It took me a second. Then it landed.

Sir Francis Drake—pirate, explorer, crown sanctioned criminal. Privateer if you wanted to be polite. Mercenary if you wanted to be accurate.

And of course, Drake.

I didn’t react. Just tucked the reference away. 

He made jabs about misdirecting narratives, hiding b0dies in metaphor. I started to realize something: the way they looked at each other. Not friends. Co-c0nspirators.

"Complicity isn’t just about bl00dstains," Lyndon said, fingers pausing on his glass. "It’s not the kni.fe in the back—it’s slipping the bl.ade into someone else’s hand and counting the seconds before they use it."

Penelope exhaled a slow ribbon of smoke. "Did you crib  that from a bad courtroom drama, Indy?”

"Experience." His attention cut to me. "You’re the writer. Now tell me—what’s the difference between a motive and an alibi?"

I didn’t blink. "One’s the reason, the other’s the lie. But the best stories make them the same thing."

"Let’s test that." He leaned in, the table creaking under his weight. "Who really ki.lled the husband in this story?"

"The wife," I said. "Not because she swung the knif.e but because she left the window unlocked and the whiskey poured. She knew exactly how her lover’s temper worked."

Lyndon’s grin was a blade of its own. "Funny, isn’t it? How ‘innocent’ people never seem to notice their own fingerprints on the cri.me."

Penelope stubbed out her cigarette. "Indy thinks he’s philosophical."

"I’m philosophical as a h@nged man’s last words," he replied.

After about twenty minutes, he excused himself. Something about a delivery. Or a storm. Or both.

After he left, she watched the door for a moment before turning to me.
“We’ll meet next week,” she said. “At my place.”

I raised an eyebrow. “More emergencies? The deadline’s closing in.”

She actually laughed—a quick, surprised sound like it had caught her off guard.
“No,” she said. “My brother’s in town. He hates that I’m a recluse, so he drags me out for sightseeing and all that.”

It sounded… startlingly normal.

Except it wasn’t a normal week for me.

By Monday, I had the distinct sense that someone was wa.tching me. You know the feeling—you turn your head and someone turns theirs a second too late. Eyes that skim just a beat too long. People that look away too fast.

By Tuesday, I was sure of it.

Once, on the metro, a man in a black jacket got on three stops in a r0w with me. Didn’t blink. Didn’t scroll. Just stood, swaying slightly, pretending to exist. I got off early. So di.d he.

By Wednesday, someone br0ke into my apartment.

Nothing big at first. A desk drawer left open, the USB in the wrong port. You know your mess. You know when it’s not your mess. I filed a report. The officer gave me a mug of vending machine coffee and told me not to worry.

Thursday morning, the tank on my toilet cracked clean through. Fl00ded the whole damn floor. Pipes rusted through, they said. Seemed convenient.

By Friday, I wasn’t just paran0id. I was exhausted. I hadn’t slept in 40 hours and I was carrying a wre.nch in my backpack like a man preparing for gh0sts.

Then came the van.

No pla.tes. Back door. Classic. I barely had time to scre@m before the bag went 0ver my head and the world tilted sideways.

They be@t me up first.

Not professionally. This was the kind of be@ting that came with grunts, frustration, and too much adrenaline. One asked questions. The other h1t me when I didn’t answer fast enough.

“Let’s hope Pip Marshall loves you enough to take the b@it.”

Pip Marshall. The name h1t like a physical bl0w.

“ I don’t know Pip” Marshall part came out as a groan.

“You go to her penthouse daily” I didnt hear the rest as someone bashed my head onto something.

Pip. Penelope. Penelope Drake. Of course.

The pieces – Equinox, the background check, the secrecy – slammed together in the dark. "Wait… I’m just the ghostwriter," I said…

P.unch.

“I write fiction—”

P.unch. Kick. Cough. Blood.

Then the van stopped. They were taking me to somewhere. The bag 0ver my head smelled like gasoline and stale mint. A voice, calm as a dentist’s drill ...“Let’s talk about your girlfriend’s real research.”

Something cold pressed to my temple. Not metal but plastic. A sy.ringe? "Wait—" The sound that followed wasn't the hiss of a needle. It was the de@fening crack of a g.unsh0t— not for me. The bag went wet with someone else’s bl00d.

Close. Loud. Chaos. One, two—maybe four. The scre@ming stopped.

A moment of silence, broken by the dull thump of a b0dy hitting concrete.

Then, footsteps.

Slow. Confident. Leather soles, not boots. Whoever it was didn’t run. He walked like he was arriving late to dinner.

An oddly familiar voice.

“You look worse than your byline.”

I blacked out.


When I came to, I was lying on a white couch that smelled like rosemary and wealth. A cool compress against my forehead. My r1bs scre@med.

The first thing I heard was voices... faint, urgent, too calm to be panicked.

I must’ve bla.cked out again, because when I opened my eyes, the voices had moved closer.

“…they thought he was your boyfriend,”  Lyndon’s voice, voice low, clipped. “Wanted leverage. I told you using your real name was stupid.”

I pried my eyes open, but the light was bl.inding. The room spun.
I shut them again, waited, then tried once more—slowly scanning my surroundings. White walls. Sterile air.
I was at Penelope Drake’s place.

Penelope Drake... Pip Marshall, with the calm, clipped voice even when furious.
“They were supposed to think I’m d3ad weight, Tea. The reclusive writer. Not worth tai.ling.”

Tea?  Tea was here too. I shut my eyes again.

“We did everything right,” said the unfamiliar voice, probably Tea. “They still saw it coming.”

Lyndon let out a sharp breath. “Perfect. So now they read minds too?”

I groaned. My ribs were still furious and my thr0at felt like I’d swall0wed gravel.

That got their attention.

Penelope turned to me. “Lloyd?”

I blinked. “Define leverage.”

She exhaled. Sat down at the edge of the couch, voice gentler. “They thought you were my boyfriend.”

I let that sink in.

“The men who kidna.pped me.”

She nodded.

“And be@t me.”

Another nod.

“Because… they thought we were dating?”

Lyndon, leaning against the marble kitchen island like a bored prince, chimed in... “In fairness, you do show up to her place every day. Carry a leather bag. Look very earnest. Totally her type.”

I looked at him. “You people are in.sane.”

“No, they’re ins.ane,” Penelope said, quietly. “You were t@ken by a faction in Nusantara. Old partners of my father’s. They want a piece of the company or at least a deal. Kidna.pping a ‘Marshall boyfriend’ gets them both. They thought you were my soft spot.”

“Your father being…”

“Henry Marshall.” She turned. “You’ve heard of him, right?”

The horse pendant hung heavy on her chest now. She didn’t bother to hide it anymore.

“I’m not your boyfriend,” I said.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” she snapped, irritated.

Lyndon chuckled, “He really is a ghost writer. still worried about the word choices after getting half his r1bs kicked in.”

At the same moment, Tea murmured from the corner, voice cool and unreadable: “Pip has exactly one soft spot. And that soft spot? Wears an apron while holding the p1n.”

Lyndon mimed biting the top off an invisible gren@de and lobbed it toward Tea with a deadpan b00m.
Tea didn’t flinch, just rolled his eyes like they’d played this scene a hundred times before.

Penelope said nothing.
I sat up slow. Pain bloomed behind my eyes, hot and humiliating.

I blinked.

Either they were ins.ane or the c0ncussion was making me hallucinate a bl@ck market sitcom.

 “So let me get this straight,” I said, one hand bracing my side. “I was kidna.pped, interrogated, and almost sh0t… because of you.”

Silence.

Then  Penelope said, “Yes. Because of me.”

"You’re in the m@fia."

Silence.

Then Penelope said, her voice c0lder than the penthouse air, "No, Lloyd."  A beat.  "We are the m@fia."

"Same difference."

"No." Another deliberate pause. "The former implies we answer to someone."

“So the logistics is a front for what? Dru.gs?”

She shook her head. “No. We’re cleaner than that.  We move numbers.  Money. Information, most times..”

"So you write about the cr1mes you have committed?"

“I am not a dumb ser1al killer who needs an ego stroke, Llyod. I write because I love writing. I write about cr1mes because they are all I know. ”

"And you just drop this on me like it’s nothing? What the is the catch?" My hands clenched at my sides, the heat in my voice surprising even me.

"You signed the NDA."

The words h1t me like a bull3t. Right. The NDA.

"I signed up to ghostwrite a novel, not to be part of some… some c0ver-up!"
My voice tore through the room, louder than I meant it to be. The room went still.

Tea’s gaze sharpened like he was running numbers in his head, measuring risk, damage, me.

1 reply
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 9th, 2025

@azurePond

This is sooooooo good!!!!! I read up to here last night and man, I wasn't intending to, I was just gonna read a small bit but I got so hooked on it! Very good job with pacing, everything felt intentional (like the kidnapping was short because that was his perspective just a glimpse and the black.) also loved how he slowly got closer to figuring out who she was but was fighting himself on whether he really wanted to know, or at least that was the sorta vibe I got.


load more
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 7th, 2025

Heloo Bear... so I wrote a m@fi@  story  because of you. It’s all fictional... the characters, the plot, everything. I wrote it because you inspired me but soon I realised that I am not good at plotting mu.rders or cover up so stuff is happening offstage. Apologies for the swearing and the offscreen mu.rders.


Safer in Silence


I was hired to fix her sentences, not to keep her secrets.


Turns out, keeping the secrets was non negotiable according to the NDA.


Penelope Drake was a rising star in crime fiction- dark, meticulous, obsessed with structure. Or so her editor swore. My job? Punch up scenes, trim dialogue, maybe prod about character arcs if I felt brave. A glorified ghostwriter. The pay was good. No cubicle, no fluorescent h3ll, no pretending to care about tech startups. I signed an NDA thicker than a novella without reading it. The legalese boiled down to: Don’t even think about talking.


I’d signed weirder for rent money. Figured she was a recluse. Or into f3tishes she didn’t want leaked.


On day one, she answered the door barefoot, drowning in a sweater. Dry voice, lazy posture… not the fifty year old literary titan I’d expected. Mid twenties but her eyes looked like they’d witnessed every war and peace since the 1800s.


“Don’t touch the desk” she said. “Persian ink. It smudges.”


Her penthouse was spotless, sterile. White walls, white floor, white light. She didn’t live in it so much as haunt it. Though she talked to her houseplants like they were old friends. That’s when I noticed the silver horse on her desk. not some tame, corporate mustang but a blade disguised as an animal. Its body was stretched mid gallop, muscles coiled under polished metal, hooves forever suspended in the act of crushing something. 


At first I thought it was an award.


“Family heirloom,” she said, catching my glance. “Ugly as h3ll, but they’d notice if I got rid of it.”


She poured the tea like it was a ritual. Black, no sugar, steeped for exactly four minutes. “Permanent brain damage starts after four minutes without oxygen” she added like it was a fun fact from a dinner party.


The first sip always made her flinch and still, she drank it down.


 “Habit” she said, catching my stare again. “Some things stick even when you hate them.”




The first real crack  appeared the day the banker die.d.


We were knee deep in a scene. Clean ki.ll, carbon monoxide staged as su.icide. She dictated while pacing….. then stopped. Fingers suspended mid air. Her eyes fixed on the muted TV. A news ticker crawled across the bottom:


Prominent banker Rob Daniels found dea.d. Police suspect sui.cide.


She didn’t blink. But the corner of her mouth twitched, barely.


“You knew him?” I asked.


She just muttered  “Let’s cut the scene. The gas part’s boring.”


That night, I googled her. Same old results I’d skimmed back when I was just trying to find a photo before signing the NDA: a clipped Wikipedia entry, glossy magazine interviews with answers that read like they’d been ghostwritten twice. Her editor handled the Inst@gr@m which was sanitized, impersonal, nothing real. 


So I googled the banker.


Which led me to a condolences video by Equinox Logistics. The founder, Henry Marshall, had been friends or “business associates” with Daniels.


I didn't even know what I was searching for or why. 





“Why write about mur.der?” I asked her one morning, pretending it was a question about craft.


Without looking up, she said “You write what you know.”


I held my breath. ‘And what do you know, Penelope?’


She paused mid sentence. Looked at me like she was choosing her answer.


Then: “Crime is boring. You wouldn’t believe how ordinary it is. That’s what makes it work.”


I was not judging someone who chose to write about mu.rders. Morals were expensive. I had made peace with that sometime between the third overdraft fee and the day my sister called saying the twins needed school uniforms.


I pointed to the victim’s backstory. "We should make her more sympathetic."


Penelope lit a cigarette. "Why?"


"So readers care when she d.ies."


"They won’t, Lloyd" She exhaled smoke. "They’ll skim the de.ad girl’s hobbies, then race to the mu.rder. Give them two lines: ‘She liked tulips and owed her dea.ler three grand.’ Done."


I hesitated. "That’s cold."


She smiled. "So’s the morgue."



I found the real reason for my uneasiness around her the day her printer jammed.



She handed it to me like it was beneath her. When I opened the tray, a half printed email slipped out.


Subject: Ghost E Lloyd

Debts.  No police/political ties. Clean. But curious —Tea


I froze.


Then tucked it back in and left it alone. At least outwardly.


But it stuck in my head like a splinter. E LLyod obviously stands for Eric Llyod– Me. Why did they do a PI level background check on me? And who the *** was “Tea”? Short for gossip? Or a codename?


The next day the penthouse was its usual self… white, silent, smelling of ink and something faintly antiseptic. I was elbow deep in a chapter about a p0isoned wineglass when I heard it: a delicate clink.


Then I saw her.


A cat, white as the walls, fur gleaming like polished silver. She stared at me with eyes that matched Penelope’s… too knowing, too old for something so small.


“You have a cat” I said, stupidly.


She didn’t look up from her manuscript. “That’s Silvy.  She’s not mine.” A pause. “A friend’s. I’m babysitting.”


“Oh?”


“ He’s taking her sister to the vet.”


I almost laughed. It was the most mundane thing she’d ever said. “Sister?”


“Mm. Spoony.” Penelope finally glanced at Silvy, her voice softening in a way I’d never heard. “They’re strays. Raised together.Silvy’s the clever one,” Penelope said, almost proud. “Spoony’s the one who falls off ***.”


The cat leapt onto her desk, tail flicking against the silver horse figurine. Penelope didn’t shoo her away, just scratched the cat behind the ears absently, like it was a habit.


I filed it away: Penelope Drake, has a soft spot for cats.


(And, more importantly: Penelope has a friend. A real one. One who trusts her with something alive)


Then Silvy padded over to me, sniffed my sleeve, and promptly bit my wrist.


Penelope smirked. “She likes you.”


A week passed. 


I spent Easter Sunday at my sister’s place, poking at dry ham while my nieces side eyed my untouched wine glass like I was a fallen saint. I just preferred whiskey.

She sat across from me, arms folded. “So. Still writing… whatever it is you’re writing?”

“It’s crime fiction now,” I said. “Technically. Pu.nching up someone else’s scenes.”

“Sounds… stable.”

I smirked. “It’s a paycheck.”

She didn’t respond right away. Just stared at her plate. “Rent’s due Thursday. I might need to float the power bill another week. Can you—”

“I’ll send something,” I said before she could finish. “Couple hundred.”

She blinked, surprised. “Seriously, Eri?”

I nodded. “Ghostwriters get paid too, you know. Even if our names aren’t on anything.”

Lily piped up. “Uncle Eri, what’s a ghostwriter?”

“Someone who writes books for people who’d rather take the credit,” I said, spearing another bite. “Like a stunt double, but for words.”

“Oh,” Emmy said, disappointed. “I thought it was spooky.”

I smiled as Penelope’s face flashed through my mind.  “Sometimes it is.”



When I returned to the penthouse, Penelope was already three glasses deep, red wine staining her lips. Her laptop was open to a scene we’d scrapped days ago. The silver horse had migrated to the windowsill, dipped in sunset.


“You have family, Lloyd?” she asked suddenly as if she did not do a background check on me. Maybe it was standard, procedural ones where they hired someone to check whether I was a convicted felon or anything.


“Yeah. Sister. Two nieces,” I said, slow. “You?”


She swirled her glass. “A business dad. A dea.d mother. The usual. A brother and a sister. They are all busy running spreadsheets.” A faint smirk. “I don’t bother with them.”


I caught myself checking her expression before I asked, “Not even on Easter?”


“Tea texted me a bunny gif.”


“Tea?” I asked, the syllable echoing the name from the printer email. Could “Tea” be “the Tea”?


“She shrugged. “My brother. Thinks he’s the funny one.”


I forced a laugh. “You don’t like his jokes?”


“Something like that.” She turned back to her laptop. “Scene twelve needs work.”


But I wasn’t thinking about the scene. I was thinking about  the Tea. The brother who allegedly  ran background checks?


That night I searched for Tea Drake. Nothing. Then tried “T. Drake.” Still no hits. Then: T-names, male—Thomas, Tyler,Taylor,  Tyson, Tim...even Teagan… Lin.kedIn swallowed me whole.


By 2 a m, I gave up.


The next morning, I was fifteen minutes late.


She’d given me a keycard by then, so I let myself in. She was at the desk, but as soon as she saw me, she scooped up her papers, stuffed them into a folder.


“You’re late. I thought you weren’t coming.”


I mumbled an apology.


That’s when I saw it—the symbol on one of the documents.


It hit me like a migraine: I knew that logo. A horse leaping from the curve of a Q.  I’d seen daily… on billboards across from my apartment, in subway ads, splashed across business magazines.


Equinox Logistics .


She didn’t notice me staring as she locked the folder away.


I didn’t say anything. Not then. Equinox had its own conspiracy threads—whispers of smu.ggling, offshore accounts, shell companies. People called them a corporate m@fia. But nothing stuck.


She put the papers in her safe and  came back with the manuscript and pointed to the  circled paragraph with her fountain pen. "This is ***."


I leaned over. The line read: The bl00d pooled like spilled merlot.


"Too purple?"


"Too wrong." She tapped the nib against her teeth. "Arterial spray doesn't pool. It arcs." She demonstrated with her pen. A drop of ink hit the manuscript. "See?"


I swallowed. "I'll fix it."


I didn't care what Penelope  did for money, not really. The panic in my chest wasn’t about the man who might di.e. It was about whether I’d be next. I thought about leaving. About vanishing. But debt collectors don’t respect mysteries. And my sister’s name was still tied to my emergency contact forms. I had chained too much of myself to the living.


But that day Penelope made me leave  early. One: because she saw I was distracted. Two: because she got too many calls.




I went home and searched again. Henry Marshall , the founder. Lucas Marshall , the CEO. And Tea... could that be Thierry Marshall? The thrill chasing, stunt posting Y0uTube guy who occasionally dabbled in "background research"?


But there was nothing on Penelope.


Henry Marshall’s Wikipedia said he had two sons. No mention of a daughter.

 So… an illegitimate child? A secret sibling? Maybe that’s why her last name was Drake—unless it was just a pseudonym.

 Or maybe she had a deal with Equinox. Did they ship her books? Is that how it works? Or was she researching them for something she was writing?


My head was a carousel of half-baked theories when she called.

“Family emergency,” she said. “Let’s postpone the next session. A week, maybe more.”


Of course, I said yes.


But something in her voice told me this wasn’t the kind of family emergency you send flowers for.


The next week, she asked me to meet her at a café.


Not the penthouse. Not the publishing office. A café.


 Silver Spoon’s Café, tucked into a leafy by lane like it didn’t care to be found. The café's logo, a sleek black cat poised to pounce on a silver spoon, glared at me from the door. Either the owner had terrible taste in decor, or this was some rich person’s idea of irony. Given what I knew about this neighborhood, I was betting on both.


This was the kind of place with soft jazz and mismatched chairs. I almost laughed when I walked in. After every conspiracy theory I binge read on sub r3ddit about Equinox LLC, this felt…absurd.

Penelope was already there, at a corner table, sipping what looked like iced lavender tea. A pair of sunglasses shielded her eyes, but I could tell she’d been watching the door since before I arrived.

“There’s a monthly cleaning going on,” she said lightly. “Security checks. Pest control. Paper shredders. That sort of thing.”

Riiiight.

The café belonged to her friend, she said. Lyndon Hazard, who came out from behind the counter after a few minutes. Tall, broad, leather apron. Smiled like a man who knew too much and had learned to make peace with it.

She called him Indy. He called her Drake. Not Penny. Not Penelope. Just: Drake. And he said it with the ease of someone who’d been calling her that for years. Maybe Drake is her real name after all.

They joked for a bit, and then he glanced at me. Measured, amused. Like a bouncer pretending to be a barista.

“You the gh0st?” he asked.

“That’s what they call me.”

He grinned. “Drake’s ghost. Fitting.”

She rolled her eyes. “Shut the h3ll up, Indy.”

He chuckled. “This one’s a  Pirate in a poet’s coat. Swears like one too”


It took me a second. Then it landed.


Sir Francis Drake—pirate, explorer, crown sanctioned criminal. Privateer if you wanted to be polite. Mercenary if you wanted to be accurate.


And of course, Drake.


I didn’t react. Just tucked the reference away. 


He made jabs about misdirecting narratives, hiding b0dies in metaphor. I started to realize something: the way they looked at each other. Not friends. Co-c0nspirators.


"Complicity isn’t just about bl00dstains," Lyndon said, fingers pausing on his glass. "It’s not the kni.fe in the back—it’s slipping the bl.ade into someone else’s hand and counting the seconds before they use it."


Penelope exhaled a slow ribbon of smoke. "Did you crib  that from a bad courtroom drama, Indy?”


"Experience." His attention cut to me. "You’re the writer. Now tell me—what’s the difference between a motive and an alibi?"


I didn’t blink. "One’s the reason, the other’s the lie. But the best stories make them the same thing."


"Let’s test that." He leaned in, the table creaking under his weight. "Who really ki.lled the husband in this story?"


"The wife," I said. "Not because she swung the knif.e but because she left the window unlocked and the whiskey poured. She knew exactly how her lover’s temper worked."


Lyndon’s grin was a blade of its own. "Funny, isn’t it? How ‘innocent’ people never seem to notice their own fingerprints on the cri.me."


Penelope stubbed out her cigarette. "Indy thinks he’s philosophical."


"I’m philosophical as a h@nged man’s last words," he replied.



After about twenty minutes, he excused himself. Something about a delivery. Or a storm. Or both.


After he left, she watched the door for a moment before turning to me.

 “We’ll meet next week,” she said. “At my place.”


I raised an eyebrow. “More emergencies? The deadline’s closing in.”

7 replies
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 7th, 2025

@azurePond 

She actually laughed a quick, surprised sound like it had caught her off guard.

 “No,” she said. “My brother’s in town. He hates that I’m a re.cluse, so he dra.gs me out for sightseeing and all that.”


It sounded… startlingly normal.


Except it wasn’t a normal week for me.


By Monday, I had the distinct sense that someone was wa.tching me. You know the feeling, you turn your head and someone turns theirs a second too late. Eyes that skim just a beat too long. People that look away too fast.


By Tuesday, I was sure of it.


Once, on the metro, a man in a black jacket got on three st0ps in a r0w with me. Didn’t blink. Didn’t scroll. Just stood, swaying slightly, pretending to exist. I got off early. So di.d he.


By Wednesday, someone br0ke into my apartment.


Nothing big at first. A desk drawer left open, the USB in the wrong port. You know your mess. You know when it’s not your mess. I filed a rep0rt. The officer gave me a mug of vending machine coffee and told me not to worry.


Thursday morning, the tank on my toilet cr@cked clean through. Fl00ded the whole damn floor. Pipes rusted through, they said. Seemed convenient.


By Friday, I wasn’t just paran0id. I was exhausted. I hadn’t slept in 40 h0urs and I was carrying a wre.nch in my backpack like a man preparing for gh0sts.


Then came the van.


No pla.tes.. I barely had time to scre@m before the bag went 0ver my head and the world tilted sideways.


They be@t me up first. This was the kind of be@ting that came with gr.unts, fru.stration, and too much adre.naline. One asked questions. The other h1t me when I didn’t answer fast enough.


“Let’s hope Pip Marshall loves you enough to take the b@it.”


Pip Marshall.


“ I don’t know Pip” Marshall part came out as a gr0an.


“You go to her penthouse daily” I didnt hear the rest as someone sm@shed my he@d onto something.


 Pip. Penelope. Penelope Drake. Of course. The name h1t like a physical bl0w.


The pieces – Equinox, the background check, the se.crecy – sl@mmed together in the dark. "Wait… I’m just the ghostwriter," I said…


P.unch.


“I write fiction—”


P.unch. K1ck. C0ugh. Bl0od.




Then the van stopped. They were taking me s0mewhere. The bag 0ver my head smelled like gas0line and stale mint. A voice, calm as a dentist’s drill ...“Let’s talk about your girlfriend’s real research.”


Something cold pressed to my temple. Not metal but plastic. A sy.ringe? "Wait—" The sound that followed wasn't the hiss of a needle. It was the de@fening crack of a g.unsh0t— not for me. The bag went wet with someone else’s bl00d.


 Close. Loud. Chaos. One, two—maybe four. The scre@ming stopped.


A moment of silence, broken by the dull thump of a b0dy hitting concrete.


Then, footsteps.


Slow. Confident. Leather soles, not boots. Whoever it was didn’t run. He walked like he was arriving late to dinner.


An oddly familiar voice.


“You look worse than your byline.”


I blacked out.




When I came to, I was lying on a white couch that smelled like rosemary and wealth. A cool compress against my forehead. My r1bs scre@med.


The first thing I heard was voices... faint, urgent, too calm to be panicked.


I must’ve bla.cked out again, because when I opened my eyes, the voices had moved closer.


“…they thought he was your boyfriend,”  Lyndon’s voice, voice low, clipped. “Wanted leverage. I told you using your real name was stupid.”


I pried my eyes open, but the light was bl.inding. The room spun.

 I shut them again, waited, then tried once more—slowly scanning my surroundings. White walls. Sterile air.

 I was at Penelope Drake’s place.


Penelope Drake... Pip Marshall, with the calm, clipped voice even when furious.

 “They were supposed to think I’m d3ad weight, Tea. The reclusive writer. Not worth tai.ling.”


 Tea?  Tea was here too. I shut my eyes again.


“We did everything right,” said the unfamiliar voice, probably Tea. “They still saw it coming.”


Lyndon let out a sharp breath. “Perfect. So now they read minds too?”


I groaned. My ribs were still furious and my thr0at felt like I’d swall0wed gravel.


That got their attention.


Penelope turned to me. “Lloyd?”


I blinked. “Define leverage.”


She exhaled. Sat down at the edge of the couch, voice gentler. “They thought you were my boyfriend.”


I let that sink in.


“The men who kidna.pped me.”


She nodded.


“And be@t me.”


Another nod.


“Because… they thought we were dating?”


Lyndon, leaning against the marble kitchen island like a bored prince, chimed in... “In fairness, you do show up to her place every day. Carry a leather bag. Look very earnest. Totally her type.”


I looked at him. “You people are in.sane.”


“No, they’re ins.ane,” Penelope said, quietly. “You were t@ken by a faction in Nusantara. Old partners of my father’s. They want a piece of the company or at least a deal. Kidna.pping a ‘Marshall boyfriend’ gets them both. They thought you were my soft spot.”


“Your father being…”


“Henry Marshall.” She turned. “You’ve heard of him, right?”


The horse pendant hung heavy on her chest now. She didn’t bother to hide it anymore.


“I’m not your boyfriend,” I said.


“Don’t flatter yourself,” she snapped, irritated.


Lyndon chuckled, “He really is a ghost writer. still worried about the word choices after getting half his r1bs kicked in.”


At the same moment, Tea murmured from the corner, voice cool and unreadable: “Pip has exactly one soft spot. And that soft spot? Wears an apron while holding the p1n.”


Lyndon mimed biting the top off an invisible gren@de and lobbed it toward Tea with a deadpan b00m.

 Tea didn’t flinch, just rolled his eyes like they’d played this scene a hundred times before.


Penelope said nothing.

 I sat up slow. Pain bloomed behind my eyes, hot and humiliating.


I blinked.


 Either they were ins.ane or the c0ncussion was making me hallucinate a bl@ck market sitcom.


 “So let me get this straight,” I said, one hand bracing my side. “I was kidna.pped, interrogated, and almost sh0t… because of you.”


Silence.


Then  Penelope said, “Yes. Because of me.”


"You’re in the m@fia."


 Silence.


 Then Penelope said, her voice c0lder than the penthouse air, "No, Lloyd."  A beat.  "We are the m@fia."


 "Same difference."


 "No." Another deliberate pause. "The former implies we answer to someone."


“So the logistics is a front for what? Dru.gs?”


She shook her head. “No. We’re cleaner than that.  We move numbers.  Money. Information, most times..”


"So you write about the cr1mes you have committed?"


“I am not a dumb ser1al killer who needs an ego stroke, Llyod. I write because I love writing. I write about cr1mes because they are all I know. ”


"And you just drop this on me like it’s nothing? What the is the catch?" My hands clenched at my sides, the heat in my voice surprising even me.


"You signed the NDA."


The words h1t me like a bull3t. Right. The NDA.


 "I signed up to ghostwrite a novel, not to be part of some… some c0ver-up!"

 My voice tore through the room, louder than I meant it to be. The room went still.


Tea’s gaze sharpened like he was running numbers in his head, measuring risk, damage, me.


Then Lyndon’s eyes cut over. Not anger. Not even guilt. Pity.


I didn’t know what was worse.


Then Penelope looked at me like I was a child who hadn’t yet learned the weight of words.

 Her voice was soft but it cut clean.

 “So tell me,” she said  “Are you here to testify... or to tell the tale?”



I stayed at the penthouse that night.


A doctor came but not the kind with a clipboard and insurance forms but one who wore leather gloves and didn’t ask questions. He cleaned the bl00d from my temple and stitched the side of my face with the efficiency of someone who’d done it too often. When I asked for a prescription, he handed me a plain b0ttle without a label and said, “Take with food.”


Then he left.


Lyndon made grilled cheese. Burnt it. Swore under his breath and scraped off the blackened edges like a man preparing an offering to the gods of normalcy.


"I thought you ran a cafe," I said sharper than I meant to.


He answered with easy levity like he either didn’t notice the edge in my voice or was saving it for later to sh00t me p0int blank.


“Yes, I run it. I do not cook. I make coffee in aprons. I am the face.”


I didn’t know if he was still talking about the cafe anymore.


We ate on the couch in awkward silence. Somewhere in the apartment, Penelope was on the phone. I couldn’t hear what she was saying, just the sharp cadence of her voice rising and falling like distant waves hitting a cold shore.


“I never knew she was this loud,” I said, wi.ncing as I shifted.


Lyndon smirked faintly. “Only when she’s talking to family. El… I mean, Lucas must’ve done something stupid again.”


“What kind of stupid?”


“The kind that ends with someone kidn.apped.” He set his plate down and leaned back. “There’s a lot on her plate, ghost. Tea and El should’ve known better.”


I let that hang in the air for a while. Then,


“Was it you?”


He blinked. “Was what me?”


“The one who saved me.”


A pause. Then he shook his head slowly. “No. That wasn’t me.”


I looked at him.


“I aimed the gu.n, but—” He exhaled. “ She was the one who saved you.”  He said in a voice that sounded a lot like sympathy. “She had someone ta.il you after you filed the p0lice report. Just in case. The guy informed me and you know the rest”


I frowned. No. I do not know the rest. “How did she even know I filed it?”


Lyndon raised an eyebrow. Said nothing. I didn’t ask again. Some answers were like l0aded weapons... best left untouched unless you were ready to fire.


In the silence, her voice rose again, more distinct this time, sharper and  biting. A name punctuated the air: “Thierry.” I couldn’t make out the rest. But I caught the tail end of it:


“…you think this is a game? He almost got k1lled.”


I didn’t know if she meant me.  Probably Lyndon, he’s the one who showed up at a warehouse full of ar.med thugs with gu.ns blazing and a bu.lletproof vest.


I turned up the volume on the TV... static news anchors, perfectly coiffed, droning about foreign policy like it wasn’t all theater. I didn’t care what they said. My r1bs hurt. My stitches itched. My mind raced like it still hadn’t left that van.


The next morning, I woke up on the couch to the scent of rosemary and bergamot.


Penelope stood at the kitchen counter, backlit by the floor-to-ceiling glass, her silhouette sharper than the skyline behind her. She poured tea like it was a spell, not a routine.


The TV flickered in the corner. I didn’t need to hear the words.


“Rob Daniels’ de.ath ruled official sui..cide, police say.”


I stared at the screen.


She didn’t look at me. “You want out?” she asked softly.


I opened my mouth. Closed it. I didn’t know what I wanted. I only knew what I couldn’t afford to lose.


“I don’t know.”


She sipped from her cup, face unreadable. “Then stay.”


So I did.


I stayed.


Because I just needed to be aliv.e and I needed  a bank balance that didn’t make my stomach twist when I opened the app. And if that meant working for someone with a b0dy count, so be it. At least, I was not holding a bl00dy kni.fe. 


It took us 2 more weeks to finish the book. N0 Witnesses Left—It ends with a man dr0wning in guilt over a de.ath he could’ve prevented.


It doesn’t name the man. Or the woman. Or the family.


But if you know what to look for—if you read between the lines—you can almost hear the galloping horses.



Then our goodbye. it was mundane and  underwhelming.


 She met me at the penthouse entrance, by the city’s dying light . No tea ceremony. No cigarette. Just the antiseptic chill of the air and the mute accusation of half packed boxes lining the hallway. She was leaving. I didn’t ask. 


She extended the first copy of No Witnesses Left. The cover felt cold, expensive beneath my fingers.


 "A parting gift," she said, her voice a low current in the quiet. "Consider it proof of trust."


I hesitated, the book heavy in my hands. "And should I trust you?"


Her smile was a ghost of itself—unreadable, yet softer than I’d ever seen. Then, with a tenderness that felt like a bl@de slipped between r1bs:


"You already do, Eri."


Eri.


It clung to my skin long after the elevator doors closed behind me. The NDA still bound me. The job was done.


Yet, walking away, a hollow ache bloomed in my chest.


Is this the Stockh0lm Syndr0me?


I waited until midnight, poured a drink, and opened the book.


 Dedication: 

   To E,

  For listening when silence was safer.


Some nights, I still taste ink and whiskey and wonder—--- Was that a thank you?

 Or a w@rning?







6 replies
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 8th, 2025

@azurePond

Okay, cursory glance this looks peak!!! I will be getting around to reading it over the next few days!!! (hopefully, Lord willing,) Also hilarious that you wrote a Mafi@ story because I jokingly said your family is Mafi@!!! Really funny, like pin it on my wall and laugh whenever I see it funny (except I don't look at my walls much so probably won't, but if I did I would!!!) 

How are you feeling? You okay? Got good food? White blanks? Freindos and family? All da stuffins? Ya know, like how ya doing? 

(Also refrain from answering anything you don't wanna answer) 

Anyways goodnight for meow latta! 🩵

4 replies
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 8th, 2025

@7Bear7 Hey Bear... .. Ha.. thanks for saying that. I actually wrote it like a month ago.. when u first  said that.. i wrote it like a self insert story .. i was trying to  make it a series of shprt funny stories.. then I dont remember what happened, i lost interest I guess. PS  again - we are law abiding citizens and have no connection to m@fi@ at all... so yeah.. oh yes.. what happened was that I tried to research about m@fia..fell down a rabbit hole then wrote another story about a V@mpire k1iller .

I am good-ish. Kinda foggy with the meds.  How are you?  You mentioned that you  were in court. I hope it was not sthg serious and it got resolved. 

I know you were generally going through a tough time so *hugs *... I missed you sooo much. we have a lot to catch up <3

goodnight for meow. c u soon.

3 replies
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 11th, 2025

@azurePond

Ahh sorry I thous I had responded to this. It is very cool so far, I haven't made it much farther reading it thou, been distracted sorry. I can see your law abiding and that's good, yay. 

Vampire sounds cool , I forgot half of your post while typing this sort .

I uhhh don't feel very good tonight , also don't quit feel like myself and that probably comes through sorry. 


Yes we have lost of catchut. Up to do, I look forward to it. And mised you goo 

See ya later have a blessed night 🩵

2 replies
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 12th, 2025

@7Bear7 izzz okieeee...just take it slow.. rest , sleep... i will be here <3

1 reply
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 12th, 2025

@azurePond

Your such a good friend, I am lucky and blessed to know you

Had a long day, family event stuff, was good for the most part, tho yeah I guess.

Goodnight love ya Pond 

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 16th, 2025

@azurePond

OKAY! That was awesome! Loved it, the ending very immaculate. I finally finished it, I was a lot closer to the ending than I thought. It was a fresh perspective onto crime. Most crime shows or books are from either the police (or law enforcement) or the criminals perspective. And if they do happen to have a person who is neither, they seem to be terrified and a idiot, not someone who is scared but can use their brain. So very nice to meet such a character who can use their brain. Thank you! 

load more
load more
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 13th, 2025

@azurepond

Hey how you feeling? Hopefully still on the path to recovery! An arduous journey that one is. What you been up to? Eat any good food? ECT ect


Been drawing a bit recently tho not a ton, might add a picture of some later, would need to take it first.


2 replies
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 13th, 2025

@7Bear7 Heyyyyyyyyy Bear......................


Glad to see you. How am I feeling? hard to say really. Mostly tired......... and a bit cross with myself because my ankle isnt healing as quickly as Id hoped. I’ve been missing my morning runs which were the one thing keeping me sane… well ehhh mostly sane.

My job search is on pause again and Ive been told to “rest and recover” becoz apparently.... “it’s not like you need a job right now anyway.” My birth giver (aka the mother without the motherly instincts) came to visit. We havent discussed any of the heavy stuff — no trauma talk or nasty subjects — but shes making an effort this time and oddly enough...... it feels genuine. Im not quite sure how to feel about that.

Rn, I’m reading an article on Maria Corina Machado... she won this year’s Nobel Peace Prize — about her fight against militarisation in Venezuela.

Recovery is such a long, tedious process isn’t it? *sighs *  ...... *sighs again *......... I try not to think about it too much. I’m on power saving mode these days.

Thatzzz soooo good, Bear! I’m really glad to hear your creativity’s flourishing. I’d love to see some of your drawings..... only if you’re comfortable sharing ofcourse.

How are you, Bear? How are things with your sister? and do you have a song recommendation for me? Ive been surviving mostly on books, music and documentaries lately.

PS:  I absolutely love your new profile picture. I’ve developed a bit of a fascination with deers recently. Did you know a male deer’s antlers are among the fastest growing tissues in the world? And they shed them ... EVERY YEAR! Unlike horns (like those on goats) which are permanent..... antlers are shed and regrown annually!! How cool is that!! 

Ok...... BBC documentary session over. Also I noticed you used a quote from me on your profile.... something random I said.... now looking like an actual quote! Aww.... Bear, I feel like Einstein or Wordsworth. Back in school, we had a “Quote of the Day” announcement and its usually Einstein, Wordsworth, Shakespeare… stuff like.....

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution”  said by  Albert Einstein...stuff like that.

Anyway..... where was I going with this?

Oh right .... thank you *bows *  I’m genuinely honoured


fullmetal-alchemist-roy-mustang.gif

Take care Bear.. *sending you love and light * 


1 reply
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 14th, 2025

@azurePond

Heyy Pond 

fair enough, sorry your not healing as fast as preferred. And those morning runs sound good, hope you can get back to them soon.

fair enough rest is good, but that doesn't mean it can't drive ya crazy. My job search is in full steam cuz my dad's been harping me about it. 

That's something, seems nice of her to visit and try but still I am not aware of everything.

Maria Corina Machado... Never heard of her, but sounds cool and smart from what you said, a peace prize is hard to get after all.

Yes yes it is. And the sighing is very relatable. 

Thatzzz soooo good, Bear! I’m really glad to hear your creativity’s flourishing. I’d love to see some of your drawings..... only if you’re comfortable sharing ofcourse.

Thanks, it's not flourishing much but a sketch or two got started, lol. And I'll  be happy to share in another post (I don't wanna risk losing all I've type while trying to take pictures.)

I am something I guess. I'm a dissociative bout, it's very frustrating because I can feel my body acting and reacting like a normal person, yet my head is just monotone and disconnected feeling. But despite that I am still moving.

How are things with your sister? K? ahhh it's pretty good with her right now. She gave us great news a couple of weeks ago and now it's not a secret so we can talk about it.

She's pregnant.

which awesome news, really happy for her. But I kinda had a panicky night after learning about it, I was a little terrified of myself, like will a beautiful a good influence, what if this, what if that, ect ect. Lucky I had some people to distract me some till I could sleep. So yeah K's doing good other than being tired.

song recommendations? I'll make a list and add it when I send my sketch. any good book you wanna recommend?

thanks!!! The picture gave the new vibe Iven been feeling, sorta.

deer definitely are weird and interesting bucks. I didn't know their antlers were the fastest growing tissue, but I did know they shed them yearly. Tho if I remember correctly (and I could definitely definitely be wrong) there is a breed that doesn't shed them? Yes it's very cool, it's also insane how tall fences have to be to make them not jump them!!

It wasn't something random to me, it was very comforting and profound. It technically is a quote now!! Hehe

Well I hope feeling like them is a good feeling!!

"Back in school, we had a “Quote of the Day” announcement and its usually Einstein, Wordsworth, Shakespeare… stuff like....."

That's cool

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution”  said by  Albert Einstein...stuff like that. 

Oof I forgot my mans was a genius, that's a very good quote.

"Anyway..... where was I going with this?" Probably to the tram station? Yep, definitely the tram station ;)

"Oh right .... thank you *bows *  I’m genuinely honoured"

Ahh I see, very well then *bows (deeper for petty dramatics)* thou art very welcome, fair maiden Pond.

heart.gif

Take care yourself! Sending love and nice cool relaxing shade! 🩵

load more
load more
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 16th, 2025

@azurepond

Sorry for the delay, but as promised my sketch's and music list.

1000006398_1760595170.jpg

The big one isn't finished, but it's getting there.

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6UTaDALX62q2PcoosICrcBBCfBRdh-p2&si=JWcBZpQPeQtAr0BD

These are in no particular order, listen to whichever ones you want. *Some are AMVs (sorry I didn't want to take the time to find the originals.) Also EPIC the musical has some of the best music ever so listen to that if you can! ;)


P.S. Also if the YouTube link doesn't work or just don't want to use it (which is totally fine if that's the case) I will spend the time typing out at least most of them to share. ;)

Good luck, and hopefully happy listening! Love and shade 🩵

7 replies
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 16th, 2025

@7Bear7

Ohhh also I may have added a lot of songs, so you definitely don't have to listen to all (or any) of them.

User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 17th, 2025

@7Bear7  Hey Bear


 I absolutely love it!! ...... and it was brilliant seeing the process behind it too. *Excited to see the completed work soon*  btw I’ll definitely listen to your playlist soon... I just haven’t had the chance yet. Y00uTube link works perfectly tho.

Ive got some good news for you! I can’t share all the details but one of my short stories has been published in a magazine. It’s actually my first time submitting short stories.... Ive only ever had poetry and a few articles published before (mostly contemporary pieces, opinion columns, that sorta stuff) So this is the first time one of my stories has made it to print..so yaay..!

Honestly... it’s thanks to you and my wonderful friends on 7 Cups who kept encouraging me to write novels. I decided to start with short stories to test the waters.... sent one in on a whim and somehow it got accepted! They even paid me for the story and told me it’s being considered for a prize apparently... they hold an annual competition for the best story they publish or something like that... soooooooo yes.... that’s sthg  I just wanted to share it with you.

I didnt get busy because of that tho...  I actually had a social obligation...  made some new  friends. It starts with a travel  vlogger...  let’s call him T (T for travel vlog... at first I thought TV.. but it sounded like telly) . Anyway.. T's grandfather and my grandfather ( my maternal grandfather.. . I think I have told you that I moved back to my country now and is living in the same city as my maternal grandparents)  so yeah... our grandparents used to be colleagues. So when he and his team came to the country, my grandfather insisted they stay at the family house instead of a hotel in the city.

 T and I had never met before but our grandparents keep in touch and I vaguely remember meeting his parents once in a party. 

Anyway, I ended up showing T and his team around the city a bit. They already had a tour guide for work so our outings were informal.  Showed them around the city, tasted some good food, taught them some words in the local language... that sorta thing.  They had some videos that needed script editing so I lent a hand with the creative side... just small inputs, nothing controlling .. only because they insisted. They were mainly here to explore the nature tho.. away from the city (like across the country ). My leg bandages were off by then but Id been told not to run or put too much strain on them so I skipped the treks and nature and cross country stuff. Instead I joined in on the conversations, wandered around the city with them and just tried to be a good host.

I’d been in recovery and getting out of my usual routine so  meeting people and being around easy going company really helped. Also I love travelling and we all shared some good anecdotes. One of T's  teammate and I had a mutual friend. Her cousin and I went to same school.  It's a small world afterall!!.. Maybe I know your cousin too ( jk )
5 replies
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 17th, 2025

@azurePond

Thank you!! I was just drawing the eye while at jury selection duty, but the hall was really loud and chaotic so that gave it the more medusa type vibe ....... Girl, beware the playlist! It's super *** long cuz I keep adding to it, so sorry lol

THATS AWESOME!!!!!!!!  Dude like awesome!! And it was the first short story you've sent in??? Very impressive!! Also I didn't know you had other published poet ect. That's also cool lore you shoulda dropped earlier.

"So this is the first time one of my stories has made it to print..so yaay..!" Yes very much yaay..!

i am glad you have friends who encouraged and motivate you do to stuff you're obviously enjoy and love! Smart to test waters, and it's always the one we do on a whim huh??? Money and a prize!!! Awesome! I hope you win!!! thank you for sharing! Cuz that's awesome!!

At this point I think I ran out of time to type, I gotta help my dad with the gate. I will finish my reply soon!!!!


4 replies
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 18th, 2025

@azurepond

That's cool, T the vlogger! (you did tell me) so now you have a new friend or friends cuz he has a team cool! Your grandparents sound very kind.

Its always interesting meeting someone you know some about, or know the family of but never actually met them.

That sounds like fun, and a city, what's it like to live in a city? Do you use busses or trolleys?? That would be cool! Sight's good and new words, sounds like a chill time. that's cool, did they ask you because of your knowledge of the place, language, ect, or they know you talent with writing? oof sorry you had to miss that, but glad you ankle/leg is getting better! it sounds like y'all enjoy your time, so good jon host! ;)

I am glad you got a break and had a good time you sounded like you needed it. It is a small world, and it's quite possible we both know the same person. I have relatives who travel a lot and know some family friends who do too! lol

Sorry it took me so long, I've been busy or distracted or didn't have to time to finish responding.

Peace and love, 🩵


3 replies
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 18th, 2025

@7Bear7 Ohhhh you got jury duty… tht explains y u said u were in court in ur previous message. How was the experience?

I definitely picked up on the Medusa vibe but I didnt want to make assumptions or put you in the spotlight.

Izzz fine… I don mind long playlists.

It’s not technically the first short story Ive sent out... I sent 3 different stories to 3 different magazines. One rejected me...  Im still waiting on a response from the 3rd and the 2nd one actually got selected.

I wouldnt exactly call myself a published poet… well... technically I am. I published an anthology in my 2nd year of college. I didnt write much afterwards. It was decent but lets say I wasnt entirely happy with it... even tho I got gud feedback. It didnt feel right bcoz I published under my own name instead of a pen name and I think I mentally censored a lot so it wasnt as raw as my 7cups poems. So it didnt feel authentic to me even while ppl praised me for it. 

Anyway.... thank you for being excited about it… really Bear... heartfelt thanks and hugs.

Yeah... when I said “friends  I meant my friends here on 7cups. I didnt tell anyone else... well I told Z that I might send stories to magazines. Nobody else. It was a whim one midnight... I opened G00gle... looked up open submissions and sent 3 stories I already had in a folder. I didnt even knw what I was doing.

Of course Id share. You’re part of it too, Bear.

I havent won the prize yet tho that’ll be announced at the end of the year.

“Help with the gate?” What does that mean? Sometimes things get lost in translation for me.

Yeah new friends definitely. He has a team now... at first it was just a vlog but now he does it "more" professionally. It’s kind of fun seeing the behind-the-scenes process... not that they filmed while I was there but you get to see the agenda, the script, the angles they aim for, clickbaits, their thoughts on how algorithms work… its cool.

Thank you, Bear. I will pass the message to them.( about my grandparents)

"It’s always interesting meeting someone you know somethin about or know through family but have never actually met"---- Yes.  I actually missed that. Back when I lived with my family, there were always visitors... friends of friends, acquaintances..  but after I moved out, the only interactions I had were with my friends or family. You wouldnt invite a stranger to ur apartment, right? So I missed that excitement of meeting new people and learning new things esp since I dont go out much for socialising now.

The city... busy and loud and fun if youre an extrovert who enjoys extrovert-y things. I mostly stay inside lol. Honestly my life is pretty much the same everywhere (sorry... I’m bad at answering this... I dont hav much of an outdoorsy life now. When I was a teenager, it was different but now it’s mostly the same every day… you could drop me on Mars and Id still live the same way)

I use buses and the subway. Mostly buses since I dont have a license. I also use my bicycle or  rarely.... book a driver.

T and his team are from abroad..so they wanted to see if the script was culturally appropriate and not offensive. They just wanted a local perspective. Thats where I came in.

Thank you, Bear. Yk that sociological experiment.. the 6 degrees of separation? The idea is that everyone is 6 or fewer social connections away from each other. Idk if it’s scientifically accurate... but it’s possible we only have 6 people between us.

Thank you for responding even in the midst of your worries and other engagements. I respect that.

Also Bear how are things on your end? Did you hear from the job provider? I dont want to pressure you tho

I think I read it but didn’t reply about K… Congratulations on the news! Pass my best wishes and prayers to K and her husband. May God bless the family and keep them safe.

Bear, how are you feeling now? You mentioned feeling panicky after hearing the news… we can talk about it if youre comfortable  or if you’re past it, thats fine too. I understand that a baby is a big responsibility... not just for the parents but for the whole family. It’s true that it takes a village to raise a child. The fact that youre worried about ur influence as an uncle shows what a good uncle you’ll be. You admit you’re influential but don’t stress... you have time to learn and prepare. You’ll be the best uncle, Bear. You’re empathetic, kind, curious, full of light and love. The baby will adore you.

Take care, Bear.
User Profile: azurePond
azurePond October 20th, 2025

@7Bear7 snooy-knockknock.gifcute-magic.giffunny-kiss.gifi-love-you-to-the-moon-and-back-i-love-you.gifbye-okay.gif

1 reply
User Profile: 7Bear7
7Bear7 OP October 20th, 2025

@azurePond

Hahahahhahahha, lol that was awesome!!

Sorry for disappearing I had a really long day yesterday, we didn't come home between church cuz we were at a party. When we got home at night I didn't eat I went straight to bed, so yahhh sorry, just busy.

I will endeavor to reply now

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more