Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

When did you start to think there was more going on than any previously diagnosed MH conditions?

User Profile: neonTortoise93998
neonTortoise93998 December 13th, 2021

I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, OCD, and Psychosis, but over the past year, it feels like there's more going on.


I have just switched mental health teams and I'm yet to have an appointment, but my previous MHN suggested bipolar could be causing the symptoms, but after soing extensive research into BPD and Bipolar, my symptoms fit more with BPD.


I'm not sure how to bring this up with my new team, when did you start to feel like this, if there was a time like that for you and how did you get your diagnosis?

1
User Profile: QuietMagic
QuietMagic December 14th, 2021

@neonTortoise93998

Hi there--I haven't had the experience you've described (of being diagnosed with existing mental health conditions but suspecting that there might be BPD on top of those conditions). But just wanted to mention that the new mental health team should be able to screen for BPD and adjust your treatment plan as needed if they decide that this is a good fit.

Here is some more information on how BPD is diagnosed:
https://www.verywellhealth.com/borderline-personality-disorder-diagnosis-5101625