Bpd & grief
I’ve been struggling with BPD since childhood, but I only found out recently. I’m currently taking medication, but I’m still struggling a lot.
I’m living in a toxic environment, and sometimes I feel like nobody loves me. I don’t really have friends I can share my feelings with, so I often feel very lonely and struggle with feelings of abandonment.
I asked my psychiatrist about therapy, but they said I don’t need it. However, I feel like I really want therapy because I want to understand myself better and learn how to cope with my emotions.
My family also tells me to stop taking my medication, but I’m worried that stopping it could make things worse.
I recently lost someone I loved, and that has made everything even harder. Sometimes I hope that someone will come into my life, give me the love and care I’ve been missing, and that I’ll finally start healing. I know I can’t know what will happen in the future, but I’m trying to keep some hope.
I don’t really know what to do right now. I just feel lonely and overwhelmed, and I wanted to share this with people who might understand.
@dotknowdot
I'm glad your here with us.. We are available to make you feel better. We have many supportive people here to be there for you.
We can often find ourselves lonely and needing support just like you..
Good luck on your journey! 🌲
@dotknowdot
Hi, welcome to 7 Cups 💜 Sorry that things been so toxic and lonely for such a long time--and then recently losing someone you love on top of that existing situation is especially rough.
I'm kind of surprised that your psychiatrist would discourage therapy, particularly if you feel like you're struggling and want to be able to understand what's going on and how to deal with it. Also understandable that you'd have some skepticism about your family's idea of dropping meds suddenly and potentially having things get even harder than they already are.
Just sharing a link that has some resources that might be helpful (i.e. how to find 7 Cups listeners who take chats on BPD, some self-help resources from DBT that might be relevant to coping):
https://www.7cups.com/forum/personalitydisorders/BorderlinePersonalityDisorder_326/ResourcesforBPD_268269/