Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Healing Through the Chaos of BPD: A Journey of Self-Care and Boundaries

User Profile: Priscella
Priscella March 17th, 2025

Living with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) often feels like being caught in a whirlwind of emotions. One moment, everything is clear and grounded, and the next, you’re overwhelmed by intense feelings, unsure how to navigate them. But as I continue on my healing journey, I’ve learned that it’s okay to not have all the answers right away.


💫 One of the first lessons I’ve learned: Boundaries are essential. Setting them—not just with others, but with myself—has been a game-changer. Boundaries allow me to feel safe and grounded, preventing my emotions from taking over my every decision. They’re not walls, but tools to help me protect my peace.


💫 Another powerful lesson: Self-compassion is key. It’s easy to get caught up in the cycle of self-criticism when we feel like we’re not living up to our potential. But I’ve started being kinder to myself, forgiving my mistakes, and understanding that healing isn’t linear. Every step I take, no matter how small, is progress.


💫 Emotions are a part of who I am, but they don’t define me. I’m learning to sit with my feelings without letting them control me. Some days are harder than others, but I’ve come to realize that it’s okay to feel. It’s just a part of being human.


💫 Reaching out for help is not weakness; it’s strength. Whether it’s through therapy, support groups, or a kind conversation with a loved one, I’ve learned that asking for support is a way to practice self-care, not a sign of failure.


If you’re walking the same path, know you’re not alone. 🌻


Let’s keep growing, healing, and supporting each other. You are enough, and you’re doing better than you think. 🌱


2
User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 March 18th, 2025

@Priscella

thanks for this wonderful post 💚

User Profile: QuietMagic
QuietMagic March 19th, 2025

@Priscella

Hi, thanks for posting this. 💜 There's a lot of really good (and unique) stuff in here. Just mentioning some things that jumped out at me:

1) Setting boundaries with yourself: "If I find that I'm feeling {emotion}, I'm going to commit to still {doing XYZ/not doing XYZ} as a basic ground rule, since maintaining that seems to help with keeping everything afloat."

2) Fluctuation/non-linearity: there will be good days and bad days for feelings, for being able to maintain behaviors/habits, etc. Things move at their own pace and happen when they're ready to.

3) Mindfulness: sort of a middle ground with respect to feeling that encompasses "it's okay to have feelings and let them happen" and "I'm not defined by feelings". Kind of goes hand-in-hand with the fluctuation thing; feelings move around on their own and I'm not the one moving them.