hopefully in love
"I'm hopefully in love!", exclaimed the lonely ponderer, quietly under their breath. The crowded streets were supposed to hide what had been uttered, but Winter's fog made the admittance transparent to a passer-by.
hopefully in love... hmm... huh?
The stranger had seen the thoughtful tinkerer before, and couldn't help but slowly chase after more sweet words.
Around a road and up a bend, the two tangled through the city, until they wound up where they had once met.
In a city of noise and commotion, solitude was rarer than a treated wound. The assuming creature couldn't help but help, and, so, upon seeing another unable to mend, they tasked themself with making a dinner.
"A honey roasted Macadamia...
A corn cake...
The remnants of silken peanut butter...
It's all I have left, but it should do right."
Using the held end of a wooden knife, the Macadamia didn't stand a chance. The ghost of a tree crushed what was already roasted. It's shards were placed first onto the cake of corn, followed by a thin layer of smooth peanut butter.
"A buttery-smooth move, I'd say, if I dared to soothe my weak ego."
They gave it, freely, to the daring follower, seeing that they could not seem to scrape together any scraps for dinner.
"thanks..."
A bite, slowly taken, took the cook back, as the reaction it gave took even a fool only a second to figure.
"it's dinner, and this is clearly breakfast.
plus, i like smooth peanut butter, not crunchy."
@Creamyyy

@cyanessence
How I missed your poetry.
The stolen words borne from a love struck human.
The butterflies
The excitement.
The nerves.
The words uttered and carrying through the breeze.
Initials carved in trees.
Locks dorning bridges world wide.
Centuries of symbols.
Love all around.
Captured effortlessly here , a canvas to paint as we each see fit 🥰
