Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Poem Writers Gathering.

User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 November 25th, 2020

I create this post, in a sole intention with you all to share your lovely poems, and so that others are going to enjoy it. ❤

I want to share my one poem, a positive one, on my favourite color for a start. 💜💜 Hope you will like it.

Also, I am going to post a poem, each week, and you are welcome to post too.

Here you go :-

The Purple Color 💜

"It is my favorite color,
Reminds me of my pillar.
It symbolizes creativity,
It shows me a path to positivity.

It gets me feeling mysterious,
I feel like doing something dangerous.
I love the purple lily,
It makes my face into a smiley.

Purple Purple is Magic !
Nothing feels tragic."

Done, hope you liked it 💗

Anyone is welcome to post their poems which are appropriate and positive too !!

156
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP December 13th, 2020

I haven't posted much so.....Hello all ! Hope you are all doing well. If you aren't, you are welcome to get support. We are more than ready!I have missed school a lot, and I am sure, if this pandemic diassapears. We are going back to school ! I am not sure if you guys miss it too. But I do ! Here is my poem on/about school :-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the poem :-

I used to wake up at 6 am.

Time for me to scram.

I have to get into my bus,

Not in the mood to discuss.

I love entering the school gate,

It changes my heart rate.

It is prayer time,

Can't miss it for a dime.

The classes begin,

From the books built-in.

From biology,

To geography

I make it through day,

Teachers make my mind sway.

I ate my lunch.

Sat with my friends like a bunch.

It is almost time to leave,

I felt few things were achieved.

I get to the bus,

Without making a fuss.

I finally reach home,

And vanish into my dome.

Until the next sun rises

I am ready for surprises.

Thanks for reading ! I hope you all liked it. I am looking forward to hear more poems from you all 🙂 More than happy too!

( Side note ) Thank you all for your kind words. 😄

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, I am tagging :-

@SuryanshSingh, @Ethank, @CateGrace, @FlickerLight8449, @blissart, @enchantedlove, @BrightHeart116, @fruitySalamander4469, @KatieTheBigRockOne, @awgeful, @compassionateTree4567, @hopebeyondpain, @Pancakefeline0101, @CallMeNaman2002, @Jenn7cups, @LinaMoon, @DreamTouch, @IamZahra0h, @Daf8, @kateeala, @Mishi10, @littlepony, @KimmKimm, @Cambion, @Fireskye13, @Flaurie, @hannah122003, @JulieJuliaXX, @TheLonerWolfy, @Joe33, @Roxine @hopeoverfear @SrijanSinha @Jv3076 @niceSky6423 @Faith4anewbeginning, @powerfulTurtle3056, @galaxyGirl299, @Nyx2026, @EmptyAquarium, @maxx2007, @Ezrelelias, @CheekyKaka, @luvinader, @LadyOracle, @unassumingTree5669, @xelimious @Listeningsarinn @Mishi10, @Mapita, @sugacubeeee @ashlyntheordinary @cuteeeezombieeee

8 replies
User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 December 13th, 2020

heart @AlwaysForYou197 heart

heart I think you are, unlike school, heart

heart An outstanding jewel heart

heart You are a beautiful star heart

heart Keep being who you are heart

User Profile: unassumingTree5669
unassumingTree5669 December 13th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197 again really nice poem! (sorry I am not good at writing poems)

December 13th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197

Interesting I like it

User Profile: fruitySalamander4469
fruitySalamander4469 December 13th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197 hey krystal the poem is really good and beautiful, keep up the good work

User Profile: lennydublin
lennydublin December 15th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197 - I am so happy there is a poetry thread. All of the poems here have been enjoyable to read, I will say kudos to those who rhyme because it is not my forte and I feel my poems with it are no good. I hope it's okay for me as a newbie to share one of mine.

After a Break Up

You left me where
the bed spread is heavy
weighted boulders crushing limbs
rib cage squeezed as if by a starving boa
Buried here, I’ll rot

Through the windows, swooshes rush by
Cars sailing past without pause
Laughter dances amongst glowing Christmas lights
Screeches of children galavanting in the street
Careless and offensive
They still live.

The dog stares, tail shifting slowly
Earl Grey burns my lips
the cup scorches the palm of my hand
yet it stays clasped firmly
despite the brain’s yowls, “Let it go! It hurts!”

Planted. Not buried.

Smash!

Vibrations on the floor, fragments shaking
til it is just
still.

Held no more. Carried? Never again.
But shards and spills remain.
1 reply
User Profile: juliak1968
juliak1968 December 15th, 2020

@lennydublin

I very much enjoyed your poem's beautifully told story!!

load more
User Profile: galaxyGirl299
galaxyGirl299 December 20th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197 It is a really good poem. Keep writing.

User Profile: ZahraS22
ZahraS22 December 21st, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197

Oh hey there, such a lovely poettess you are

Unlike me but since you tagged me here goes nothing-ar

I too despise school

But, I l very much ike you

Which is why i skip school,

To always talk with you.

Your poem was so good! Can't say the same about mine but I hopee you like it. cheeky

load more
User Profile: AtYourAssistance
AtYourAssistance December 13th, 2020

I'm not sure if this is appropriate, but it's one I made years ago.

enlightened(Possible trigger warnings to parental arguments and implication of old age death) enlightened




Once Love Adored

Intertwining paths may be,
A part of our reality,
Two pavements crash; just you and me,
Two lives becoming one with thee.

But not all pavements will end well,
Thoughts are harbored; emotions swell,
Children ignore their parents' yell,
Where love once was, now resides hell.

Now in both hearts, hateful spite stored;
Yet in its place, once love adored,
A hopeful future worked toward,
An endless love, now unexplored.

When last they meet, IV bags drip,
As both heartstrings begin to rip,
Memory Lane, their final trip,
As heartbeats make their final skip.

4 replies
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP December 13th, 2020

@AtYourAssistance

Extremely thoughtful, Assi ! I am hoping to hear more from you :) 💖

User Profile: juliak1968
juliak1968 December 13th, 2020

@AtYourAssistance

Excellent!!

User Profile: Kimmkimm
Kimmkimm December 13th, 2020

@AtYourAssistance

I loved your poem. Not only it rhymes but it has a iambic tetrameter rhythm. Very well done.

User Profile: unnamedcat
unnamedcat December 15th, 2020

@AtYourAssistance

that's really good assi

load more
December 13th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197

heart It's really amazing

User Profile: yellowSquare6431
yellowSquare6431 December 13th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197

Every day they wanna what I can’t give them

Every day they build new wall to my way

And I dive in the sea of their questions

Of the work what they prepare for me

I’d want to love this sea

I actually love it before

But then they show me

Not every sea has the same color

And my is dark

So, I can’t

I can’t love the sea

‘cause the big wave flushes me every day

And every day it drags me deeper through the water

Which is darker and darker

salt stings my eyes

and I already can’t see where I head

to cute little fishes

or to hungry shark

who devour me even with my dark water

Every day I wanna just wake up

Stand on my own feet

But I can’t

I don’t reach the bottom

And the air at the same time

So, I can’t breathe

I choke with the water which you prepared for me

I can’t swim in it

I'm drowning right now

And nobody can help me

Just my own hand

Just my mind can make a lemonade from this sea

No people can see

I am just there in my blue world

What you prepared for me

And I really don’t want to be here

‘cause this is my die

Every night I try to get rid myself of these destroying nightmares

I can’t sleep when I swing like on a board

I can’t swallow an air

‘cause I swallow just my own vomiting

And everybody just watched to me and can’t see me

Because the sand buries me on the bottom

Every moment

I try to survive

And I still survive

I am still here

On the waves

Prepared for me from you

With the salt in my eyes

And the dark water in my lungs

I am still surviving

I am still dying

Waiting

Until I’ll learn to swim

Until I’ll come and save myself

User Profile: Kimmkimm
Kimmkimm December 13th, 2020

@enchantedlove is one of the most amazing persons I've met here and in life. She gives her all not awaitin for anything in return. I owe her so much and my entire life will not be enough to thank her. This poem was written for Mary-Kate.

Under the sky, above the sand,

beyond the hills, over the vale,

between the trees was told a tale

that still echoes across this land.

A tale spread among the elves

about a jewel on distant shore;

created by the gods themselves

with radiance none has seen before.

Impeccable and perfect stones

embedded in the finest gold;

no one on Earth could ever hold

a treasure worthy of heaven's thrones.

The mastery of holy hands

granted the jewel with human form

pouring inside a light so warm

to brighten up all mankind’s lands.

The shape was that of a sweet girl,

her skin as white as pristine pearl;

cerulean eyes as pure sapphires

and golden hair as morning fires.

Her heart shone with enchanted love

immaculate as a white dove.

That jewel is known until this date

under the name of Mary-Kate.

1 reply
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP December 24th, 2020

@Kimmkimm

It's really a sweet poem, Kimm. Thanks for sharing this with us ! 💖

Keep writing

1 reply
User Profile: Kimmkimm
Kimmkimm December 24th, 2020

@AlwaysForYou197

Thank you ❤️

load more
User Profile: SystemFireSkye
SystemFireSkye April 2nd, 2022

That was really nice!

load more
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 December 20th, 2020

Distance

The space between two things. . .

The time between A to B

The land, past, and feelings. . .

between him and me

I just hope within quicken time

He and I will truly meet

We will be arm and arm

We will kiss and repeat

1 reply
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP December 24th, 2020

@Rebekahwriter13

It is so sweet. I really liked it 🥺

Keep posting ! 🥰

load more
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 December 21st, 2020

Sharing with pain

I really am in mad love with my best friend

However he is not the same

He is shattered by an ex

However he seems to take all the blame

I just want to hug, hold him

And tell him "time will heal all."

He just barely laugh or smiles

Even when he calls.

I will always be there for him

And I even pray.

She needs to give him space

To heal and make things okay.

I know we need to give things one day at time

As seek above

I just want him happy and healthy

And so full of love.

1 reply
User Profile: unnamedcat
unnamedcat December 22nd, 2020

@Rebekahwriter13

aww - how sweet

2 replies
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 December 24th, 2020

@unnamedcat thank you

1 reply
User Profile: unnamedcat
unnamedcat December 25th, 2020

@Rebekahwriter13

you're welcome ?

load more
load more
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP December 24th, 2020

@Rebekahwriter13

What you are feeling, is understandable! 🤗

Hope it gets better for you soon; We are here for youl

Thanks for sharing this poem and keep posting <3

January 24th, 2021

@Rebekahwriter13

That was pawsome!!

load more
January 12th, 2021

Sunlight and Moonlight

A poem by Skye

When sun comes I run

When night comes I feel right

I hate the bright but love the night

Sunlight makes me dizzy

Moonlight makes me tizzy.

I sleep the day away

I dream of a not so bright night

The sun is up I must cover up

My head and go to bed

Nite nite sunlight my dreams

Will be of moonlight.

1 reply
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP January 23rd, 2021

@Fireskye13

It's awesome 🌹

1 reply
January 24th, 2021

@AlwaysForYou197

Thanks ima glad u liked it

1 reply
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP February 7th, 2021

@Fireskye13

Ofc (:

load more
load more
User Profile: SystemFireSkye
SystemFireSkye June 20th, 2021

That was pawsome if I do say so myself lol

load more
User Profile: TheRed0793
TheRed0793 January 24th, 2021

All is well..

𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘻𝘦

𝘗𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦

𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳𝘵𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘭

𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘉𝘭𝘶𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘫𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘢

𝘒𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘴𝘶𝘯 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦

𝘖𝘺𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘚𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱 𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘳𝘰𝘴𝘦

𝘞𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘶 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘴𝘦?

𝘈𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘱𝘵 𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘋𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘩𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘦

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭 𝘢𝘧𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘥

𝘈 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘋𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘨𝘶𝘦 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘛𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘴𝘰𝘣𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵

𝘚𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘶𝘭𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘴𝘰 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭

𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭

Ana❤

2 replies
January 25th, 2021

@TheRed0793

Wow that was pawsome!

1 reply
User Profile: TheRed0793
TheRed0793 January 25th, 2021

@Fireskye13 Thanks dear. It means a lot.

load more
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP February 7th, 2021

@TheRed0793

Such a positive poem (:

1 reply
User Profile: TheRed0793
TheRed0793 February 9th, 2021

@AlwaysForYou197

Thanks. It means a lot to me.

load more
load more
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP January 25th, 2021

I haven't posted much so.....Hello all ! Hope you are all doing well. If you aren't, you are welcome to get support. :') We are more than ready to help 💜 !! I am not sure if many have heard this "Daffodils" is a lyric poem by William Wordsworth. It is Wordsworth's best-known work. Hope you like it.

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
and twinkle on the Milky Way,
They stretched in never-ending line
along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not be but gay,
in such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
what wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

Feel free to post more poems ! Will love to hear from all of you :)

@KimmKimm @Ethank @CateGrace, @FlickerLight8449 @blissart @enchantedlove @SuryanshSingh, @Ethank, @CateGrace, @FlickerLight8449, @blissart, @enchantedlove, @BrightHeart116, @fruitySalamander4469, @hopebeyondpain, @Pancakefeline0101 @DreamTouch, @Daf8, @KimmKimm, @Cambion, @Fireskye13, @Flaurie, @hannah122003, @JulieJuliaXX, @TheLonerWolfy, @Joe33, @Roxine @hopeoverfear @SrijanSinha @Jv3076 @galaxyGirl299, @Nyx2026, @EmptyAquarium,@Listeningsarinn @ashlyntheordinary

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/10/41/5c/10415c63842def7a021822da8567da38.jp

g

Shall I tell you all something? Your poems are excellent !! 🥰

1 reply
User Profile: blissart
blissart January 25th, 2021

@AlwaysForYou197

wish u that "bliss"heart

User Profile: Kimmkimm
Kimmkimm January 25th, 2021

@AlwaysForYou197

Pretty. And you're so cute ❤️

1 reply
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP February 7th, 2021

@Kimmkimm

Thank you! (:

load more
January 26th, 2021

@AlwaysForYou197

That was nice

User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 January 26th, 2021

heart @AlwaysForYou197 heart

heart Thank you, Alwaysmazing!

heart You are a masterpiece, always creating heart

heart Love to see us raising heart

2 replies
User Profile: AlwaysForYou197
AlwaysForYou197 OP February 7th, 2021

@Daf8

Your poems are so cute, Daffy

1 reply
User Profile: Daf8
Daf8 February 7th, 2021

heart @AlwaysForYou197 heart

heart Your compliments shine like a star heart

heart The truth is, *you* are heart

load more
load more
User Profile: fruitySalamander4469
fruitySalamander4469 June 19th, 2021

its really beautiful <3

load more