Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: QuestioningAvocado6969
QuestioningAvocado6969 March 4th, 2022

hi, i'm avocado. i don't really do well when getting to know new people and most of the time i feel like a failure and that everyone hates me, that's why i joined this website.

User Profile: TalentedGalaxy
TalentedGalaxy March 5th, 2022

Hello my name.is Conner and I'm a listener here for everyone

User Profile: willowyapple
willowyapple March 5th, 2022

@Hope Not perfect but doing my bit to help others get through.

User Profile: dovahAcolyte
dovahAcolyte March 6th, 2022

Hi, I'm me on here. Learning how to navigate this app. I'm working through some childhood trauma stuff and struggling with my anxiety and depression. I'm really just here to try to expand my support network.

1 reply
User Profile: NGFOUCAULT
NGFOUCAULT March 14th, 2022

Welcome to 7cups!

so happy to have you here, this is a safe space for you to explore your needs and struggles. I have no doubt that you will

be able to expand your network.

load more
User Profile: EmbStitcher33
EmbStitcher33 March 7th, 2022

Wow, I can finally post... New here obviously. What brought me here? The death of my son on Feb 22. He died a very painful death. Cancer locked on to him pretty bad in the last few months. I wasn't able to be there with him, but we kept in touch online just about everyday up until it was impossible for him to type. So I'm here to work on my grief. I live in TN with David, Star, our Australian Cattle Dog, and Sparky our pesky cat we rescued back in 2013. We have an on and off relationship depending on the no-no places I find her from time to time. We consider ourselves old hippies, quiet and creative. I had 4 kids, minus one now. All grown. None nearby. David has none that he knows of...lol.

Please don't ask or pressure me to become a listener right now. Thank you.


2 replies
User Profile: Thanhx4
Thanhx4 March 15th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33


Hey, you are very brave and strong right now. I'm sorry to hear about your family and I hope you have a good support system at home. Best wishes.

User Profile: rommebai000
rommebai000 March 15th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. Please know that it takes allot of courage to open up. I am so happy that you are able to let us support you through this event. I am available to chat 1 on 1 if you would like.

load more
User Profile: StarryNites86
StarryNites86 March 7th, 2022

I'm not new here, but I've only really been lurking here. I've never gotten involved but I am glad I'm here. I'm a wife and mother of 2. I'm a full time nurse. I live in Alabama. I came here because I deal with chronic pain, anxiety and trauma on a daily basis. I have PCOS and it causes a lot of other health issues. I have trauma related anxiety/depression and I need a safe place to let some of this go. I was assaulted in my early years and again in college. I've lost 2 children and have 2 amazing children here on earth. We don't have any family nearby so it's challenging most days. We have 2 cats and 2 dogs and live in the middle of nowhere LoL.

1 reply
User Profile: Thanhx4
Thanhx4 March 15th, 2022

@StarryNites86

Well welcome anyways! It sounds like you have a very busy life but it sounds like you are on top of it. What kind of dogs do you have? Cats are also very sweet.

load more
User Profile: Amazingturtle1111
Amazingturtle1111 March 7th, 2022

@Hope I joined because I want to help others fight off the issues that I dealt with.

2 replies
User Profile: Neetha666
Neetha666 March 8th, 2022

@Amazingturtle1111 Welcome!! That's great thank you :)


User Profile: Thanhx4
Thanhx4 March 15th, 2022

@Amazingturtle1111

That's awesome! Relating to someone's issues will help empathize with them also.

load more
User Profile: silverNarwhal534
silverNarwhal534 March 8th, 2022

I'm I actually joined around a year ago, but doing a new degree has been quite busy so I haven't engaged beyond doing the active listener training. I came here because I want to become better at listening to people. I know the theory from the training but clearly from my first experience with my very first listening experience on this site an hour ago, I still need practice! My goal is to dedicate an hour of my time each week now that I am not so busy!

User Profile: shyOak4791
shyOak4791 March 8th, 2022

I'm new here. I have 13 years struggling with BPD, depression, anxiety, self doubt and obsessive behavior. I really need to ease off all this burden I feel in my heart and soul.

1 reply
User Profile: Thanhx4
Thanhx4 March 15th, 2022

@shyOak4791

I'm sorry to hear that you are going through all this. I hope that with your diagnosis, you have a great support system outside of here too. (:

load more
User Profile: sensibleShade770
sensibleShade770 March 9th, 2022

Hello! Today is my very first day in the app. I’m a little lost but it’s been fun exploring to see what’s here and all that the community has created. I’m not really sure what I’m looking for. I’m tired and trying to get through the day feels hard most days but I’m also grateful for everything I have and for my family. I want to help myself but I can’t seem to find the resources that would make me feel like I’m on a path to getting better. When can I leap from trying and trying and trying to getting better? @Hope

2 replies
User Profile: Thanhx4
Thanhx4 March 15th, 2022

@sensibleShade770

Hi! I'm not Hope but I recommend looking at the progression path. Have you checked that out yet?

User Profile: healingMoon1863
healingMoon1863 March 17th, 2022

@sensibleShade770

I think it’s great that you’re reaching out. I hope that 7 cups can serve you well as part of your support system. It’s a good first step. You can do it!

load more