Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: mysteriousHorizon1212
mysteriousHorizon1212 May 13th, 2022

@Hope Welcome! I'm really glad you joined 7Cups and are here with us today.

User Profile: julia29477
julia29477 May 13th, 2022

I‘m searching for an therapist for like 2years but no one accepted me.

i need someone to tell all my thoughts and doesn’t judge me and also someone who supports me maybe.


my first language is German, so my English is not the best.


User Profile: cassiejames5
cassiejames5 May 14th, 2022

jdndn

User Profile: Healtogether702
Healtogether702 May 14th, 2022

Welcome all new members! I am a new listener and only just learning the ropes, but I am trying to be helpful in the ways I can if someone needs an empathetic ear (is that a thing? haha) I have first joined as a member and was touched by the good people do here, the care and support people provide to others. I would like to be a part of it, too. So if you want to talk, I am gonna be here to listen. Stay positive and believe tough times never last, but tough people do (however cliche that sounds.) in fact, maybe tough isn't the right word.. just being able to navigate those pitfalls of existence is enough to be proud of yourself. We are all here because we care.

User Profile: neptunempress
neptunempress May 14th, 2022

Hi there,


I’m NeptuneEmpress, a French member. I’m seeking advice or help here because I’ve been looking for a design job for almost 2 years now after a Bootcamp and a year of experience in a software development company.

I’ve seen all of my Bootcamp classmates get employed with no previous experience in the field or a related field, I’m still getting first-round interviews but it doesn’t go further than that. I hired a design mentor to help me refine my portfolio, resume and case studies.


I’m just starting to lose faith in myself and in the idea that I’ll get the job I invested many years to find. It’s hard to imagine my future right now and I don’t know what I’m doing so wrong that I can’t find success in my career.


So, I guess I’m looking for people to help me see things more clearly. I’m so lost, maybe I need different perspectives to enlighten me.

2 replies
User Profile: Mishmosh224
Mishmosh224 May 14th, 2022

@neptunempress Hey there, your situation sounds very frustrating. I completely understand why you feel the way you do after putting in so much hard work and effort. I'm here for you whenever you need a soundboard. Hope to hear from you soon

1 reply
User Profile: neptunempress
neptunempress May 14th, 2022

Thanks a lot Misha!

I vented out today during the Sharing Circle and it made me feel better. But the frustration comes and goes.

Thank you for offering your ear, I’ll definitely take you up on that offer!

load more
load more
User Profile: Mishmosh224
Mishmosh224 May 14th, 2022

I'm Misha! Please feel free to message me after a long day. I'm happy to sit by you and listen to whatever is going on. Hope to hear from you soon

User Profile: inventiveSky4239
inventiveSky4239 May 14th, 2022

@Hope

I'm lee, I am new here, and looking to find others who want to discus our problems and stressors.

1 reply
User Profile: Healtogether702
Healtogether702 May 25th, 2022

@inventiveSky4239

Hi Lee! And welcome to 7cups! great to have you here with us!

load more
User Profile: littlepotatoe1821
littlepotatoe1821 May 15th, 2022

Welcome! This life is difficult to navigate through, there will be struggles and hardship but at the end of it we will all come out stronger than ever, we're here for you!

User Profile: ThoughtfulBlossom
ThoughtfulBlossom May 15th, 2022

I would like to welcome all of the new members to 7 Cups! If you need a compassionate listening ear and a supportive space, feel free to reach out to a trained listener either through our general queue (by pressing "Connect Now") or by browsing for a listener on our extensive list (by pressing "Browse Listeners"). I hope that you enjoy your time here, and I wish you all the very best! 😊

User Profile: Moety
Moety May 15th, 2022

Hi everyone, not really sure how I should introduce myself, so I guess I'll just dive right in.
I'm 29 years old. I love creative expressions (art, music, literature, movies) and do a fair bit of gaming to boot.

I've struggled with anxiety and depression for the better part of a decade, there is a possibility of an underlying neurological disorder.
Recently I've struggled more, and thought It'd be nice to maybe talk to others in a similar situation. I'm happy to share my insights and experiences, hopefully along the way I can help some of you too.
Not sure exactly what I plan on doing here just yet, I figured I'd start with just having a look around.
I prefer a blunt, honest conversation over a comforting lie.
See you all around.

3 replies
User Profile: 18Sarah18
18Sarah18 May 15th, 2022

Welcome! Thanks for sharing- we are glad to have you here :). I happen to love creative expressions too! And thanks for sharing what you prefer- sometimes clear and direct conversations are really what we need in the situation.

User Profile: Healtogether702
Healtogether702 May 20th, 2022

@Moety

Hi Money, and welcome to 7cups! You sound like a very artistic person. Happy to have you! Have a look around, browse the resources, connect with some listeners, we are always here for you to support and encourage. hope you find this place comforting and stay!

1 reply
User Profile: Healtogether702
Healtogether702 May 20th, 2022

Oh my... my autocorrect hates me... MOETY! I typed it out so carefully! anyway, welcome and I hope you like it here

load more
load more