Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: Beautifuldreamer77
Beautifuldreamer77 July 17th, 2022

Hi. I joined 7 cups about 6 months ago, but I believe this is my first time posting. When I initially installed the app, I was pretty excited about it and was looking forward to make some real changes in my life. But old patterns die hard, and I quickly forgot about it. After having an introspective morning that brought me to tears, I decided I needed to make an attempt at reaching out. I have a loving family, but no close friends. I haven't had any really close friendships since elementary school ( I'm turning 45 at the end of July). I hold a lot of shame about many aspects of myself and doubt I could be a good friend to anyone else, so I don't try to form more intimate platonic relationships. My fear of this kind of intimacy has made it hard to get much out of traditional mental health counseling too. When I'm face to face with someone, I find myself putting on an "act" of what I think they want or expect me to do or say with an occassional sprinkling in of my real self. I don't do it consciously most of the time, and I haven't had anyone actually call me out on it. Eventually, I'll realize what a sham it is (of my own making), and I'll come up with a reason not to go anymore. Long story short, I'm hoping the the anonymity of this format will allow me to be more open and honest. Perhaps I'll be able to learn to live more authentically, and form real supportive relationships. Thank you all for welcoming me.

User Profile: Rami441
Rami441 July 17th, 2022

@Hope Welcome to this lovely site, enjoy.

User Profile: jasishereforallofu
jasishereforallofu July 17th, 2022

👋🏻

User Profile: JordanDean
JordanDean July 17th, 2022

Hello everyone, my name is Jordan. I hope to help create a positive environment here on 7 cups.

1 reply
User Profile: RainbowCloud95
RainbowCloud95 July 17th, 2022

@JordanDean

Hey, Jordan, nice to meet you, I’m Danny (Rainbow or Cloud as most people call me 😂)

Nice to see your dedication and commitment, it will be appreciated here

load more
User Profile: Callmekaylaniii
Callmekaylaniii July 17th, 2022

Thanks


User Profile: jasishereforallofu
jasishereforallofu July 18th, 2022

💞

User Profile: jasishereforallofu
jasishereforallofu July 18th, 2022

💞

User Profile: wonderfullSunset1390
wonderfullSunset1390 July 18th, 2022

Lovely


User Profile: CrunchyToastWithButter
CrunchyToastWithButter July 18th, 2022

@Hope I'm here to become more motivated!

1 reply
User Profile: GreyCoyote
GreyCoyote July 19th, 2022

@CrunchyToastWithButter

Aww hope you find motivation 💕

load more
User Profile: gracefulDreamer9819
gracefulDreamer9819 July 18th, 2022

Hey! I’m a listener and I would love to provide emotional support during any kind of difficult times. I am here to listen in a judgement free manner and give you the space to allow you to be your true complete self without any worry.