Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: MsKelly65
MsKelly65 August 26th, 2022

I'm Kelly. 57 year old , born-again Christian wife/mom, grandmom, and doting pet mom. I have bipolar 2 and ongoing anxiety. I am in a transition between therapists and my life has gone to crap (not because I'm between therapists - LOL).

I'm looking for peer/listener support for anxiety, families of people with cancer, and grief support. Any help in any or all of these areas will be appreciated. Between current affairs, family illness (3 terminal; one of them being my husband), and a death in December, and dealing with my own aging (which I didn't think would be a problem for me), I've gone from years of being pretty happy-go-lucky to being absolutely sad all the time. (I am being treated with medication and have a call into my psych to get her take on things). I've been a silver-lining kind of person for decades, but lately all I can find is the shadows.

I just need to be able to talk about what is going on to someone who isn't closely related to everything. I just need a pat on the back for what I've done and a chuck under the chin to spur me on. Someone who understands the Christian point of view would be a plus, but I'm willing to talk to any sympathetic person.

Boy, I thought I'd been through some hard stuff before but this recent series of events have just made all that seem -- not like a cakewalk -- but certainly less of a problem than I made it out to be at the time.

User Profile: scottnchills
scottnchills August 26th, 2022

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm hoping to find a path to a better state of mind. It's a little dark in here lately.

User Profile: anamacrame
anamacrame August 26th, 2022

I am Ana, I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and I'm hoping that by becoming an active listener here, it can help me on my journey to becoming a Psychologist. I mainly specialise in Austism Spectrum Disorders and other neurodevelopmental disabilities.

User Profile: scottnchills
scottnchills August 27th, 2022

@anamacrame I have a little sister with low functioning Autism. You are an angel in my book, for taking the path you have chosen.

load more
User Profile: charmingSky5972
charmingSky5972 August 26th, 2022

@Hope

HI, I am here because I found this app years ago but I just made this account more recently and discovered the communities part so I consider myself a newbie. I love it here. So much love and support. I joined like 10 communities. Anxiety support, depression, addiction, bipolar, trauma support, lgbt, family, newbies, etc. I just love this as a way to blog for myself (and find support when needed) and be of service with others as a positive supportive being who can share my "experience, strength, and hope" love you guys!!!! ❤️

User Profile: TheAlchemist1111
TheAlchemist1111 August 26th, 2022

Hello, welcome to the community. Happy to meet you all.

User Profile: Princesid18
Princesid18 August 26th, 2022

Best app I ever found on the play store.

User Profile: Sammymantiss
Sammymantiss August 27th, 2022

Welcome new members! We are so glad to have you on here!

User Profile: lilpigeon
lilpigeon August 27th, 2022

Hi all,


I'm very terrible with social interactions. I would hope that I can find some help with my social anxiety. I'm a hermit at the age of 28. I want to better my life and finally make friends. My ability to get along with people and thrive socially is hindered by my fear of rejection and hurt. It consumes who I am and I've become a bit lost.

Other than my problems, I have four pets, 2 dogs and 2 cats. They help me feel better on a bad day most of the time. I just purchased a camera for my photography class and I hope I can build it up to a hobby.


Thanks for listening

User Profile: JiBrave
JiBrave August 27th, 2022

Hi everyone, I just want to introduce myself..I am JiBrave. Have taken up a couple of chats already, to start my baptism of fire! :-P Thank you for the welcome and guidance!

User Profile: magicallySoul1274
magicallySoul1274 August 27th, 2022

@Hope Thanks for posting this, Hope! 😄 A warm welcome to all those new to 7Cups, listener and member alike. We hope you can find the support you're looking for as a member, or find meaning, purpose and fulfillment in your work as a listener 🧡