Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Members - Welcome to 7 Cups! Introduce yourself Here!

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 19th, 2020

Welcome to everyone who's joined our lovely community!
This post is outdated and no longer in use.
Be sure to introduce yourself in our new official welcome thread for all users!


-

This post is dedicated to welcoming members. If you are a listener, please show support to the members who post here! Listeners can introduce themselves here.

Hi there! We are so excited you joined 7 Cups! Allow us to welcome you by posting in this thread!

heart Please tell us why you are here and what topic are you seeking support for?

enlightenedHow can we best support you?

Bouquet Here is a resource you may find helpful: Find Welcome Pack here!

Practice compassion and empathy for yourself and others. Also, on successful completion, get a chance to earn a shiny badge known as "Compassion Hero". Open Here!


This is the sign you've been looking for neon signage


edited by ASilentObserver as of Feb 17, 2021

8533
User Profile: CuriousCat12
CuriousCat12 December 22nd, 2022

Hi there! :) Happy to be here

3 replies
User Profile: SparklyFly
SparklyFly December 22nd, 2022

@CuriousCat12 A great big welcome to you to 7 Cups. I'm happy you're here. If you'd ever like to chat, shoot me a message.

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 December 22nd, 2022

@CuriousCat12 Hi! Welcome to 7cups. We're happy to have you here!

User Profile: CheetahCub
CheetahCub December 27th, 2022

Welcome! I love your profile pic 😻

load more
User Profile: neverendingRainbow489
neverendingRainbow489 December 23rd, 2022

@HopeI am here to help people in their time of need. So many people have helped and supported me I want to do the same and give back by supporting others, everyone deserves support.

User Profile: Renadosama
Renadosama December 23rd, 2022

@Hope🥰🥰

User Profile: AlexC425
AlexC425 December 23rd, 2022

Hi

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 December 25th, 2022

@AlexC425 Hi! Welcome to 7cups!

load more
User Profile: Maryamhere
Maryamhere December 24th, 2022

To all the members here, You can always rely on 7cups to share both your success and sad stories! We're always here.

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 December 25th, 2022

@Maryamhere Well said!

load more
User Profile: peacefulStrawberry9685
peacefulStrawberry9685 December 26th, 2022

@Hope I just joined up as a listener, nice to see you all, eager to get more involved and find my way around here...just one specific question to anybody...after finishing my empathy and active listener quizzes what happens next? I THINK I am supposed to do practice chats..is that true? I am getting a bit confused...

3 replies
User Profile: Hope
Hope OP December 27th, 2022

@peacefulStrawberry9685

You can start taking 1-1 chats with members. You can also visit our Listener Support Room to get ideas on how your listener journey can look like. It can be found here

2 replies
User Profile: peacefulStrawberry9685
peacefulStrawberry9685 December 27th, 2022

@Hope Hey Hi Hope! Thank you for connecting with me... I am a little unclear how to move ahead. I have chatted with 4 people so far and made some mistakes... although not terrible in my opinion, and then just now I saw someone reach out and answered him but he seems to be gone...so is that ok? Was I supposed to ONLY pick up on the waiting line on the bottom of the screen? I also have some questions about how to proceed with the many trainings, and also it seems I did 2 trainings and only got credit for one...Also I coached 4 people but got credit for only 2 the last time I looked...and that leads to another question...if a member pulls the plug and wont talk anymore and then I just punch out cause they are gone...does that rob me of the credit?? Just wondering if that was the reason that was happening...members decided to reject my help and dump me.

1 reply
User Profile: Hope
Hope OP December 27th, 2022

@peacefulStrawberry9685

Hi Straw! You can ask all these questions in the listener support room and get live answers. Additionally you can connect to a mentor here and they will help you. Just make sure to reach out to someone who is accepting mentees.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: LastyGhost
LastyGhost December 26th, 2022

Call me Lasty. I have known about the site for years now, but I thought I would never need it. Until now that the worst of my anxiety got me recently. I am diagnosed with anxiety,as I mentioned, and I have been incapable of controlling it since I decided to drop out of medical school.

I just wish to have someone else to talk to, because my most trusted friend has told me thaf he can’t help. So maybe I can find it here. But I better not be left hanging. That’s my problem when I tend to seek help, that all the times I tried it doesn’t work. My last physician was a phony that made me paint things differently from what they truly are.

4 replies
User Profile: AccidentalTentacles0
AccidentalTentacles0 December 26th, 2022

@LastyGhost

Welcome Lasty! You can find some good support here, in forums, group chats and/or 1-1 chats.

User Profile: Hope
Hope OP December 27th, 2022

@LastyGhost

Sorry to hear about your anxiety. I hope things get better for you. You may find this growth path helpful.

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 January 2nd, 2023

@LastyGhost Welcome to 7cups.

Welcome to the family.

We are so glad to have you,here.

Just wanted to point this out, here at 7cups we have Group Support Rooms.

In those rooms, members support other members.

Some, members come looking for support.

Here is the link, in case you're interested: 7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php

I hope you will give them a try.

I hope to see you in the rooms, from time to time.

User Profile: CalmMomma1022
CalmMomma1022 January 2nd, 2023

Thank you so much for putting this out there. So many people are going through what you are. There are so many people on this platform ready to help you and we’re very proud of you for taking the first step.

load more
User Profile: CheetahCub
CheetahCub December 27th, 2022

Hi, everyone! I just joined a few days ago and am already loving the 7 Cups community.


I was in a really bad place on and off for over a decade. I’m wasn’t totally comfortable reaching out to family for help, but liked the programs like this one where you can reach out to someone that does not know you and would not judge you.


With my experience with my own depressive episodes, I hope to help others learn to love themselves or at least feel less alone.

1 reply
User Profile: lovelySpace7461
lovelySpace7461 January 1st, 2023

@CrochetingCheetah

I'm so glad you love the community. I just joined myself recently as a listener :]. Welcome! <3

load more
User Profile: Bubbles1024
Bubbles1024 December 28th, 2022

Hey! I’m new and just wanted to say hi

4 replies
User Profile: resourcefulMirage2502
resourcefulMirage2502 December 28th, 2022

Welcome! So happy to have you here!

User Profile: calmMango9611
calmMango9611 December 28th, 2022

@Bubbles1024 Hi there.

Welcome to 7cups.

Welcome to the family.

We are glad to have you.

Here at 7cups, we have Group Support Rooms.

In those rooms, we have members who support other members.

Some members come looking for support.

Here is the link: 7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php

I hope to see you in the rooms from time to time.

User Profile: lovelySpace7461
lovelySpace7461 January 1st, 2023

@Bubbles1024 Hello and welcome! :]

User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 January 2nd, 2023

@Bubbles1024 Hi! Welcome to 7cups. We're so glad to have you here!

load more
User Profile: yodakun1
yodakun1 December 28th, 2022

@Hope Hello everyone!

1 reply
User Profile: comfortableNight4463
comfortableNight4463 January 2nd, 2023

@yodakun1 Hello!

load more