Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Leadership Spotlight: kindheartedLily

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 August 16th, 2023

1-3_1692210537.png

The Spotlight is back, baby, and it’s on the lovely @kindheartedLily!

Why did you nominate Lily?
Since the beginning of our chats, Lily has shown a very impressive set of active listening skills. She's one person who will make sure that no one would feel left out or not being understood. She's honest as well as fearless when it comes to something she couldn't agree upon. Her curiosity is one of her best traits which keep making me amazed; it drives her to always learn something new and keep gaining more knowledge which help her to advancing to the next level. Lily is whom I'd call as an exemplary maintaining a balanced works and self-care activities. She's inclusive, considerate, kind, compassionate, assertive, patient, reliable, and resilient. When she has committed to do things, we can certainly be sure that those things will be taken care of. She's a great leader and has been managing the Listener Coaching Team marvelously.

Another shoutout:
I work closely with kindheartedLily as a Listener Coaching Team Mentor Leader. They never miss a beat! Always very encouraging and always consistent in their role. Their username truly fits them One thing I love to see in Lily is her consistency in quality and kindness

✨ Q&A with Lily! ✨

What motivates you to be a volunteer?
I love supporting others, but what truly motivates me to be a volunteer at 7 Cups is the wonderful community we have. I love the convenience of the online platform and being able to support others and make a difference from the comfort of my home. I know from personal experience how crucial it was to have someone who would listen to me without judgment when I went through my own struggles, and I want to be that person for others. Initially, I planned to offer support solely to members, but upon discovering the listener coaching team, I uncovered a passion for helping fellow listeners enhance their active listening skills. It feels nice to know that I can share the knowledge and skills I’ve learned to help and support other listeners on their listening journey.

Your proudest 7 Cups achievement would be:
Being asked to be the leader of the listener coaching team

Which fellow 7 Cups leader(s) do you admire, and why?
I admire Chevy81. Chevy has been there for me right from the start. She guided me through my LCT training, onboarded me as a co-leader for LCT, and now I'm leading the team, all thanks to her support. Chevy's patience in addressing my questions and her willingness to go the extra mile to provide detailed explanations have always amazed me. I truly admire her for her patience, compassion, and dedication.

What’s next for your 7 Cups journey?
I’ve been considering doing another one of the Academy Programs!

If you're granted one wish to change something (or to make it permanently exist in this world), what would you wish for?
I would wish that everyone in the world could have their basic needs met without additional costs that many people can’t afford. For instance, I wish that everyone in the world, no matter what their situation, had access to food, water, safe and secure shelter, and clean clothes

What's your first 7Cups project/role that you're involved in? What made you choose that role? Is there any role(s) (on 7Cups and/or in real life) that you'd like to work on in the near future?
My first 7 Cups project/role was Quality Mentor. I went through the Quality Listener Program, and became a QM, then a listener coach. During the program, I realized how I have a passion not only for supporting members but also for supporting listeners. I also prefer one-on-one chats, so I chose this role. As for roles in real life, I would like to take my leadership skills from 7 Cups, and apply them to my real life as I work toward building my own business as an entrepreneur.

What are two or three most important lessons that you have learned as a 7Cups leader?"
One lesson that I’ve learned as a 7 Cups leader is the importance of taking self-care breaks. Whether they're official 7 Cups self-care breaks or personal ones, I've come to understand the importance of looking after myself. By prioritizing self-care in my personal life, I'm able to bring my best self to both my personal life and my role on 7 Cups.

Another lesson that I’ve learned as a 7 Cups leader is that I actually never saw myself as a leader, but 7 Cups has shown me that I am capable of being a leader. In my everyday life, I never thought of myself as a leader and usually preferred others to take charge. However, I’ve learned that I have the skills and capability to be a leader too!

-

Lily, you're a humble selfless leader that every aspiring leader can learn from, and we're so grateful for you. Keep believing in yourself because we certainly believe in you! Thanks for your service!

Please join me in congratulating Lily!!

34
User Profile: jasishereforallofu
jasishereforallofu August 18th, 2023

Wow im really proud of you, congratulations 😍💐😊❤️

1 reply
User Profile: kindheartedLily
kindheartedLily August 18th, 2023

@jasmineishereforu

Thanks!

load more
User Profile: GlenM
GlenM August 18th, 2023

Congrats! I'm a big fan of Chevy too :). And love the point about you looking out for others and the importance of curiosity. I think following what you are interested in is a great way to find a path through life.

And 1000x this! "Another lesson that I’ve learned as a 7 Cups leader is that I actually never saw myself as a leader, but 7 Cups has shown me that I am capable of being a leader. In my everyday life, I never thought of myself as a leader and usually preferred others to take charge. However, I’ve learned that I have the skills and capability to be a leader too!"💪

1 reply
User Profile: kindheartedLily
kindheartedLily August 18th, 2023

@GlenM

Thank you, Glen! I really appreciate it😊

load more
User Profile: AguaNector6700
AguaNector6700 August 20th, 2023

What an inspiration to hear your heart Lily!! @kindheartedlily. Thank you for making 7 cups a better place!

1 reply
User Profile: kindheartedLily
kindheartedLily August 20th, 2023

@AguaNector6700

Awww thank you so much! I really appreciate that😊

load more