Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

#BellLetsTalk Day: I speak up about mental health because...

User Profile: Kate
Kate January 30th, 2019

Bell Let's Talk is a Canadian organization whose goal is to open up and normalize conversations about mental health in efforts to make mental illness a less stigmatizing thing to talk about.

Today is Bell Let's Talk Day!

Why do you speak up about mental health?

71
User Profile: Sokanon13
Sokanon13 January 30th, 2019

I speak up about mental health because...it should not have a stigma behind it....it should be discussed as openly as someone talking about anyother illness

User Profile: Melalalanie
Melalalanie January 30th, 2019

@Kate

So that maybe someone else struggling feels comfort in not being alone and maybe a little brave to share their own struggle. Even if the reaction I get is negative, I feel proud of myself for being brave enough to be honest. And I know sometime, someplace, it will help someone who is stuggling in silence.

User Profile: FaithfulPrune9638
FaithfulPrune9638 January 30th, 2019

I speak up about Mental Health because it is just as real as any other illness.

User Profile: loneMe
loneMe January 30th, 2019

@Kate I speak about mental health, because I deserve to be heard. People have to know that mental health is as much important as physical health. Our mind is what we are

User Profile: Evechen
Evechen January 30th, 2019

I speak up, because it is ok. It is ok, to feel down. It might be hard work, but it will get better. Everyone deserves to know this!

User Profile: OrangeYouGlad68
OrangeYouGlad68 January 30th, 2019

I speak up about mental illness because knowledge is power. Power to change the status quo.

User Profile: toluca77
toluca77 January 30th, 2019

I speak up about mental health in hopes that others dont feel so alone.

User Profile: TallCat
TallCat January 30th, 2019

@Kate I speak up about Mental health because i suffer with it daily, people need to understand it and be there for people, i'm tired of hiding my mental health just so i don't scare people off, i want someone who doesn't walk away when i need them the most

User Profile: hockey8628
hockey8628 January 30th, 2019

@Kate I speak out about mental health because I want others to be able to get help. I deal with mental illness, yes, but I want others to be able to get better. Some of my closest friends have issues with mental health and it hurts me to see them in pain and struggling. I want more awareness to be brought to mental health so everyone feels comfortable sharing their true feelings and will not be judged by them. I want everyone to get the help that they need, without fearing for what the thoughts of others would be. I want people to get better.

User Profile: KittyNugget
KittyNugget January 30th, 2019

Because there is no such thing as a "normal brain". We are all weird and different to eachother. We experience different things and the same things in different ways. Sometimes our bodies or minds plays tricks on us and thats okay! The key is to be okay with the fact that sometimes, we arent okay. If we get the flu or break our bones, we rest and seek help. So lets do that when our mind and thoughts are ill too. We desserve to get help and feel like we can live good lives!

I love you! Have a great week:)