Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

#BellLetsTalk Day: I speak up about mental health because...

User Profile: Kate
Kate January 30th, 2019

Bell Let's Talk is a Canadian organization whose goal is to open up and normalize conversations about mental health in efforts to make mental illness a less stigmatizing thing to talk about.

Today is Bell Let's Talk Day!

Why do you speak up about mental health?

71
User Profile: DinaElwy
DinaElwy January 31st, 2019

I really can't cure my self

1 reply
User Profile: intelligentLand6811
intelligentLand6811 February 1st, 2019

@DinaElwy

me too. life just seems so hard

load more
User Profile: Autum18
Autum18 January 31st, 2019

I speak up about mental health to end the stigma. Many people suffer from it and it needs to be talked about more regularly.

User Profile: Charly1B
Charly1B January 31st, 2019

I speak up about mental health because it's important for people to know that there is help beyond physical illness. The more people who learn about mental health, makes for a more positive environment around yourself and others. I speak up because no one should feel alone when they struggle with mental health.

User Profile: Iwshiwsperseus
Iwshiwsperseus January 31st, 2019

So people struggling don

User Profile: Yellowflowerpot
Yellowflowerpot January 31st, 2019

I speak up about mental health because there's so much stigmatism surrounding it, but if we can talk about physical health, we should be able to talk abiut mental too

User Profile: Jc198572
Jc198572 January 31st, 2019

Because it's unrecognized by so many that don't have it, and people should not be made to feel like there is something wrong with them or their feelings are invalid simply because they are dealing with a mental illness as opposed to one that can be physically seen

User Profile: crispSoul42
crispSoul42 January 31st, 2019

Because not only is it healing for me, it helps others also.

User Profile: TheVoidStiless
TheVoidStiless January 31st, 2019

I speak up about mental health because I have gone through multiple mental health issues and I hope to be a psychologist one day working with teens with mental disorders, and such. People sometimes say that mental illness is not real and it is just something people make up but I am going to prove them wrong and it is wrong. People have issues and they have a hard time dealing with them.

User Profile: sleepuponthestars
sleepuponthestars January 31st, 2019

I speak up about mental health because it is not funny to joke about, it is a big issue and we need to speak up about it so that people will know about it and know that it is not a matter to be joked about.

1 reply
User Profile: rapbattle
rapbattle January 31st, 2019

@sleepuponthestars

That's completely true

load more
User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo January 31st, 2019

It's more than mental illness. So much of what helps maintain mental health is ignored as such - going for a regular checkup, connecting with people regularly, sharing ideas.