Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

#BellLetsTalk Day: I speak up about mental health because...

User Profile: Kate
Kate January 30th, 2019

Bell Let's Talk is a Canadian organization whose goal is to open up and normalize conversations about mental health in efforts to make mental illness a less stigmatizing thing to talk about.

Today is Bell Let's Talk Day!

Why do you speak up about mental health?

71
User Profile: hollowman84
hollowman84 January 31st, 2019

Basically im a depressed motherfuckker and i think about dying every day i know suffering sadness loneliness all too well inside this broken coffin body of mine. My mind riddled in pitch black disease my thoughts are poison. The aching in my heart never relents but only gives into the deadly darkness that is draining me dragging me down drowning me in the pit of seething pain seeking to drive me over the edge. Yes i know about the fractured soul inside the shattered glass pieces of a heart so abused and neglected and rejected i know about the demons inside that terrorize in the dreams in every scene of life there is nowhere to run there is nowhere to hide

User Profile: braveGlobe2817
braveGlobe2817 January 31st, 2019

I speak about mental health because its a topic i believe isnt talked about enough so many people great people that ive met go through this on a daily and its a topic that people get scared to bring up due to rejection or simply the fact that want to be understood and told theyre not the only one going through it i hear alot its in your head type of remarks which maybe to somebody that doesnt have it sees it that way but to a person that has it not only is it a struggle for them but its sometimes hard to connect with people that dont try to comprehend every feeling and every thought ........ I wanted to voice my opinion because i have suffered from many things since i was young and was told its just in your head cope with it but the truth is something like this isnt something we can get over in a day or two and this message really goes out to anybody that feels this way were not alone and if we voice our opinions more often on this topic maybe one day it will be easier to be understood rather then judged i hope that if somebody is going through something can find comfort or relief on this website by just knowing theres people great people out there that want to understand us and help and we should never feel alone because theres always someone out there willing to understand and comfort we need to stay positive and not lose hope ❤

User Profile: Trying15
Trying15 January 31st, 2019

I speak up about mental illness because I believe that no one should be denied the help they need

User Profile: understandingCake175
understandingCake175 January 31st, 2019

you are one of a kindheart

User Profile: BurntSquare
BurntSquare January 31st, 2019

If not, then people like me won't realise their feelings matter, that they need to get help to keep themselves happy, so that they can help others understand along the way.

User Profile: bubblyRiver41
bubblyRiver41 January 31st, 2019

As people who do have mental health issues are often reluctant to speak about it and no one knows if they could experience it themselves . Its the least I can do to help them

User Profile: Avicularia
Avicularia January 31st, 2019

I speak about mental health mostly when I somehow find out that someone else also struggles to tell them that I won't judge and that I can relate, without invading their privacy by just directly talking about it, since it might make them uncomfortable. I also talk about it sometimes to reduce stereotypes or, if people are actually just genuinely curious, help them understand.

User Profile: mikenaiwc
mikenaiwc February 1st, 2019

I speak up.

Because

I thought,

I felt,

it was time to talk about it.

It was time to get things "addressed"

Although until today it was never "addressed"

Nevertheless, all i know is that you/I have to keep on fighting.

(To put it in nicer terms,)

(Nevertheless, all i know is that you/I have to keep on challenging yourself, reminding yourself, that it is ok. Everything will turn out fine. Let time heal.)

User Profile: Aneila
Aneila February 1st, 2019

I speak up about mental health because I'm so sick and tired of people that do not understand or deny their realities- patronize and devalue other individual's realities, even to the point they don't even try to understand or rationalize it, in this day and age when open conversation spurs understanding and development within a society.

User Profile: VioletRelic9484
VioletRelic9484 February 1st, 2019

I feel It needs to be talked about more and needs to be understood more. Mental Illness is a hard thing to to deal with every day. It's a constant thing that tries to break you and drag you down and make you weak, yes It's okay to feel weak and it's okay to want to give up but we have to try to fight our mental illness it will never be easy but just you trying and making a effort makes a huge difference. Mental Illness Is also a serious important issue too.