Holiday Traditions around the world!
Hi there lovely community!
I've been thinking about my Puerto Rican Holiday traditions and just how different they are from the traditions celebrated here where I'm staying right now. I've been having a great time learning about how the holidays are celebrated here and telling them how things are celebrated in my family back in Puerto Rico!
For example:
In my family, Christmas day is a "nuclear family" gift giving only and on Three Kings day you give gifts to pretty much everyone you know!
I'd love to hear all the different ways you all celebrate and I encourage you to tell us one of your unique country or family tradition below.
What unique tradition do you and your family practice?
@Iara
We have a candle-lighting service at our church on Christmas Eve, then we go to my house to open gifts from my grandparents. All of my mom's kids go to her house with her, so we can open presents on Christmas Day with my mom and stepfather.
We also have a tradition of the teen girls only drinking peppermint water for the entire week between Christmas and new years. I'm trying to keep the tradition, but I think I'm gonna break tradition and drink some tea soon!
My family tradition is stockings witch com ein a kit and have to be sewed my mom, dad, and sisters all have one
I come from a mixed korean/american family, so we celebrate Christmas in a number of ways. If we are with our Korean family out of state, we spend the day at the casino and eating out. It's literally our only day off work so that's what we do. If I'm at home with our more blended korean/white family, we have a more standard American present opening affair with a big dinner that has a combination of american and korean food like kalbee and prime rib. It's interesting and fun!
Every year my family takes a family picture around the tree with matching t shirts. This year we went all out and my brothers were santas and their significant others and me were elves. 😂😂😂
@emzsue cute :)
My family makes fudge together every year, and it's terrific. Each person takes turns stirring the fudge since it's rather labor intensive. We all hang out in the kitchen talking while making the fudge, It's a wonderful time for everyone. :)
Family get togethers and party ....🙆🙆🙆🙆
I wouldn