Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My favorite thanksgiving/cupsgiving tradition is.....[finish this sentence]

User Profile: Laura
Laura November 23rd, 2016

34
User Profile: jr50
jr50 November 23rd, 2016

Being with my husband's family any we all bring something and eat and socialize,sometimes only see then on that one day of the year

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe November 23rd, 2016

@jr50

Awesome jr! It is lovely being with family. laugh I hope you have a very nice thanksgiving!

1 reply
User Profile: jr50
jr50 November 23rd, 2016

@blossombreathe. Hope yours is wonderful also!

load more
load more
User Profile: GentleGiant128
GentleGiant128 November 23rd, 2016

Food, all the food. That's why I weigh 270 pounds. That and football.

2 replies
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe November 23rd, 2016

@GentleGiant128

Aha! Food is very nice wink Happy Thanksgiving!

1 reply
User Profile: GentleGiant128
GentleGiant128 November 24th, 2016

@blossombreathe

You bet!

load more
load more
User Profile: Biscuityone
Biscuityone November 23rd, 2016

Getting drunk with my remaining family and talking politics, watching opera/the news, and fighting over dumb things that we don't remember in the morning

User Profile: angrybadger
angrybadger November 23rd, 2016

Sorry, I don't have one. I don't have any family.

2 replies
User Profile: sweetrosa1987
sweetrosa1987 November 23rd, 2016

@angrybadger We could be your family. smiley *hugs*

User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe November 23rd, 2016

@angrybadger

*hugs* Remember that the 7 Cups community is always here for you! I hope you have a lovely thanksgiving/cupsgiving! heart

load more
User Profile: FantasiaSweetShock
FantasiaSweetShock November 23rd, 2016

My fav tradition is eating food-but I always like eating food all year round anyway! I guess finally having the time to bake and having people appreciate the baked goods I make

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe November 23rd, 2016

@FantasiaSweetShock

Aha! Seems like we think alike regarding food wink Happy thanksgiving/cupsgiving!

load more
User Profile: SaraLynn3004
SaraLynn3004 November 23rd, 2016

My fave thing is staying home with my family in our pjs.

1 reply
User Profile: blossombreathe
blossombreathe November 23rd, 2016

@SaraLynn3004

Awh sounds so nice!! I personally love snuggling up in my pj's all the time.. cheeky I hope you have a nice thanksgiving!

load more
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService November 23rd, 2016

A friendsgiving on Saturday where many of my old and current friends all get together, tell funny stories, relive old memories, and create new ones. That and my best friend's mom cooks tons of delicious food.

November 23rd, 2016

I don't have one because, like a lot of people, I don't live in the 1 country in the world which celebrates this occasion.

4 replies
November 23rd, 2016

@LustStarrr it still has the festivities of the harvest time of year. I know a lot of European countries have times like these. Be it Octoberfest or what have you... then again I might just be a fool.

3 replies
November 23rd, 2016

@Arawnshound I'm in Australia, so we must've missed out on the tradition somehow. Perhaps it's a hemispheric thing...

2 replies
November 23rd, 2016

@LustStarrr perhaps. I come from a predominate pagan heritage so we pretty much just work off seasons, exiunox, solstice and such. I had someone ask once if I celebrated since I wasn't christian... that was a fun conversation.

1 reply
November 23rd, 2016

@Arawnshound I identified as pagan once. 😊 It's difficult doing the seasonal swap in our hemisphere because then everything's backwards, with Yule occuring midyear in June & celebrating summer solstice instead during the traditional Xmas period. So confusing! LOL

load more
load more
load more
load more
November 23rd, 2016

We were going to start a Thanksgiving for wayward friends tradition. If any friends couldn't go home or didn't have a family they could be part of ours for the day. I'd cook turkey and smoked duck breast. I don't know if this year will work since she left me, but here is hoping for next year if we can reconcile our problems.

User Profile: Figgy50
Figgy50 November 23rd, 2016

My new tradition is watching news reports of people standing outside in lines for Black Friday sales in freezing cold weather, while I'm in my warm house, looking up Black Friday deals and ordering things online.