Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing I always find really challenging during the holidays is...[share with the community]

User Profile: Laura
Laura November 23rd, 2016

One thing I always find really challenging during the holidays is...[share with the community]

207
November 24th, 2016

Making everyone happy and spending an adequate amount of time with everyone.

User Profile: SadMe70
SadMe70 November 24th, 2016

Eating too much. I've started already.

User Profile: goodLion4737
goodLion4737 November 24th, 2016

Having to be away at work for Thanksgiving. Makes me feel longing for my family.

User Profile: Froid
Froid November 24th, 2016

I can't feel well. I feel selfish/egoist, because... well my parents often tell me that I'm afortunate and I have everything; that there are many people out there, children, teenagers, that have nothing and struggle with life but they keep on. So I feel a pathetic... in some way.

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@Froid I'm sorry to hear that. I've dealt with a similar feeling as well, and I've gotten over it by asking people to give donations to different organizations instead of gifts to me. I'm not sure whether that's feasible for you, but I find it helps. smiley Simply feeling bad shows you care, and you shouldn't beat yourself up over being more fortunate than some. Just use your opportunities to become the best person you can, one small step at a time. You're an amazing person, and I believe in you! heart

load more
User Profile: Xylophonicgrunt
Xylophonicgrunt November 24th, 2016

Christmas feels empty we all pretend everything is fine. but i hate that time of year. i feel like a fraud. i always think "thats it?" and its such a let down i despise christmas

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@Xylophonicgrunt Awww. I'm sorry Christmas is such a let down for you. Though I don't know what to say to make it better, I want you to know that I care about you and support you, and I hope you'll feel better soon. Hugs! heart

load more
User Profile: Shadeshack
Shadeshack November 24th, 2016

Staying positive and festive like everyone else. Especially this year because I found out how toxic my parents are, but also because my grandma is dying of cancer.

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@Shadeshack That sounds really difficult. Please make sure to take time to care for yourself, and don't bottle up your emotions! In the long run, acting festive when you're hurting won't do you much good. I care about you and I trust you can get through this, and be a stronger person on the other end. Sending hugs your way! heart

load more
User Profile: AngelsAndMusic713
AngelsAndMusic713 November 24th, 2016

i find it really hard to keep my family from finding out just how messed up and selfish i really am

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@AngelsAndMusic713 I do not think you are messed up or selfish. Often, we perceive ourselves much too critically. There is probably a lot of great qualities you have that you're overlooking! I hope you feel better, and know that I care for you and want ou to feel good about yourself! Hugs! heart

load more
User Profile: Pebblesthekatt
Pebblesthekatt November 24th, 2016

I find it hard keeping that festive happiness go one for the rest of the year because once it's over everything goes down hill from there

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@Pebblesthekatt Aww. That sounds tough. I hope this year will be great for you and will give you reasons to celebrate and be festive even after the holidays! Hugs! heart

load more
User Profile: bestloserpunk
bestloserpunk November 24th, 2016

Trying to remain happy when I am with people who suck

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@bestloserpunk It's difficult to be in a crowded environment with people you conflict with, and tensions sure do run high! I wish you the best of luck in dealing with people you disagree with. Hugs! heart

load more
User Profile: Vulpesvulpes
Vulpesvulpes November 24th, 2016

Not drowning in the chaos, even when I have good company, or don't have to contend with anyone else.

1 reply
User Profile: AliceAllAlone
AliceAllAlone November 25th, 2016

@Vulpesvulpes I understand. Even when you're with people which you find agreeable, the multitudes of expectations for the holidays can be overwhelming. I hope you will feel better soon, and that the holidays won't be too difficuclt for you. You deserve all the best! Hugs! heart

load more