One thing I always find really challenging during the holidays is...[share with the community]
One thing I always find really challenging during the holidays is...[share with the community]
One thing I find challenging is being across the country from my family and being single and living alone while seeing everyone else together.
@Rls715
hello. that does seem rough, and i can see how you'd find it challenging. i'm sorry your family isn't near you, and that you're living alone, but perhaps 7cups would be able to ease your loneliness? nevertheless, i hope you have a wonderful holiday :) all the best! oh, and happy cupsgiving
The challenges that spur up on holidays are not having that closeness with my family it feels awkward sometimes and being lesbian hats not out makes it more difficult
@Introvert45
yes, that's difficult and seems tough! you're really strong for continuing on your journey, though, and i hope you grow closer with your family and that everything works out in your favor! best of luck :) happy cupsgiving!
@windflowers thank you I appreciate(: that I really hope so too!.
Well this was my first year without my children. Family functions of any sort are a challenge for me. Socializing and "fitting in" mostly.
@enthusiasticOrange2618
hey there. i'm so sorry, i can see how that'd be tough. socialising is always hard to deal with for some, and fitting in is almost always a challenge! but the fact that you've gathered the courage to share and that you're trying is brilliant. i hope you've been having a wonderful day!
I always try to keep the peace in the house for the sake of the kids, but it seems to get harder year by year
@cherryluck
hey there -- yeah, that definitely is tough. i'm sorry to hear that it's getting harder, though -- but you're really selfless and compassionate for putting your kids first! i wish you all the best, and i hope you've been having a great day otherwise. oh, and happy cupsgiving!
@windflowers
Thank you for taking the time out to reply to not only my post, but to all of the posts. We all need some help sometimes and it's nice to know someone is listening even if they are a stranger.
I had a great weekend with my extended family as well as with co-workers, and received a lot of support and information pertinent to what's going on. Things at home are the same as always but my supports are apparently wider than I ever thought they could be.
@cherryluck
aw, thank you! and yay, that's amazing :)
I'm always alone. Food and porn are my refuge. I hate myself and I hate people around me at work and in the house.
@MayTarek I know words don't help that much. I don't know how to help you not hate yourself. I struggle with that to. I do know God loves us. God loves you! It's incredible and profound! I guess as I'm telling you I'm telling myself. Keeping pushing back against the dark. I hope you will come to realize you are worth more than cheap porn. You are loved!!
@MayTarek
hello, i'm sorry to hear that you feel that you're always alone. but i wanted to say that you're definitely not alone in feeling alone, if that makes any sense -- i've been where you are, and i promise, it gets better. there's this quote i once read -- "it may be stormy now but it never rains forever" -- and i hope that helps you! perhaps our loneliness support community would help you more, though? anyway, i hope it works out for you, and happy cupsgiving!
Being alone
@KLM3278 I can cope with being alone much of the time, but it's harder on holidays and other special occasions.
@brightCherry8538 I agree!!! Holidays are very very hard.
@KLM3278
aw i'm sorry to hear that you fear being alone. it's always tougher during the holidays, isn't it -- everyone's celebrating while you're just... well, alone. i'm sorry i'm not able to be there for you, but perhaps our loneliness support community would help you? also, i found this: "when everything walks out, a friend walks in." i sincerely help that will happen for you and i'm sending loads of hugs your way! all the best and happy holidays :)
I always find it tough to find something to do...I end up spending too much time in my phone😑
@HappyToHelp221B
honestly, same. i'm not sure what you could do, but maybe enrolling in a course (perhaps online?) of something that interests you would help? for instance, if you like coding, maybe you could find some coding classes -- or if camping's your thing, maybe find somewhere to camp? i'm sorry i can't help more, though. happy holidays, and i hope you find something you like!
I always find it tough being around my parents. I don't have the best memories of growing up and still hold onto those. I know they love me, but don't really know how to show it.
@MamaMia64
hey there -- yeah, that definitely seems hard. i'm sorry your childhood wasn't as great as it could've been, and that your parents don't really know how to show you love. however, i wanted to wish you happy holidays -- oh, and let you know that even though it may be tough now, perhaps trying to let things go and forget (although it's hard) may be beneficial? just a thought, though. i hope your day's been going well!
@windflowers Thank you. I've tried to let go, it just keeps coming back every time I'm around them. Growing up feeling unloved has led to so many trust issues and I just want to be able to be open and vulnerable with people who really do care...
@MamaMia64
hey, i get that. i know quite a lot of people here who really do care but as they're on the teen side, i'm not sure they'd be helpful XD maybe sometimes you could log in as a member and attempt to talk to a listener? just a suggestion :p
I hate Thanksgiving in particular. Genocide of Indigenous people isn't some abstract political thing to me but I don't want to have that conversation with my in-laws. They don't deserve to be let in that far. If conversations with them become painful for me in addition to being painful for my husband then I am less useful as an insulator and stabilizer.
@Xenologer
hey. i'm sorry to hear that you hate thanksgiving, and that you find some conversations painful. i just wanted to let you know that you're strong and amazing for posting in this forum, and by existing and being you and being part of our community. thank you so much :)
How the focus is supposed to be on family yet mine often make plans that either don't include me or assume I will just go along. I am a single person living alone - the demographic that people forget exists or doesn't care that it exists
@KariChosen
gods, that's definitely challenging! sorry to hear that, by the way. anyway, i hope other than that, your holidays will go well! all the best :)