Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish there was more awareness for?

User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz November 29th, 2015

There are so many things we go through in life, yet sometimes it can feel like we don't have much of a space for speaking about it or for it being acknowledged. However, we have special events on 7 Cups which encourages more awareness and discussion on various topics!

So what would you like more awareness for?

Learn more about special events here.

206
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP December 5th, 2015

Just to let you know, I've written all these things down and they are on the list!! So slowly but surely we hope to get through them. Some have already been covered, but there's no harm giving it another 'round! Thank you very much to everyone who has contributed to this thread so far. laugh

3 replies
User Profile: DonnieDorko
DonnieDorko December 6th, 2015

@QuickJazz

I think having a week to raise awareness about a certain issues is great but hopefully 7cups can continue to incorporate some of these issues within their Listener and Member trainings/programs in general.

So, I would say its a step in the right direction but there's much more to be done. yes

2 replies
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP December 6th, 2015

I agree @DonnieDorko ! This is only the start!!

Very happy to say that the community managers are taking an active role in supporting this and even doing their own. So I'd like to say that we are (slowly but steadily) heading in that direction!

1 reply
User Profile: DonnieDorko
DonnieDorko December 7th, 2015

@QuickJazz

Fabulous! Thank you and the entire crew for your efforts.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: magicallySmiles50
magicallySmiles50 December 7th, 2015

Online gaming and role play abuse/bullying.

December 7th, 2015

Verbal abuse

2 replies
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib February 20th, 2017

verbal abuse is never ok i received it from my my dad being called a bitch and a whore and of course Irecieved it in school also and also in my locker and of course id like.to speak with you we chat soon@Orian343

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib February 20th, 2017

verbal abuse is never ok i received it from my my dad being called a bitch and a whore and of course Irecieved it in school also and also in my locker and of course id like.to speak with you we chat soon@Orian343

load more
User Profile: Angelynn
Angelynn May 23rd, 2016

BFRB's like Trichotillimania and dermotillomnia. They're really common, but very few people know that theres even a name for what they do.

2 replies
User Profile: LittleLotte
LittleLotte May 23rd, 2016

@Angelynn It's only quite recently I realised there was a name for my skin-picking, and that I'm not so alone. However I really wish there was more awareness, I tried to get help from my doctor but she doesn't think it's an issue.

User Profile: Yougotthisdontfret
Yougotthisdontfret May 23rd, 2016

@Angelynn You literally just validated all my fears. Thank you. Please keep raising awareness.

load more
User Profile: warmheartedHuman2014
warmheartedHuman2014 May 23rd, 2016

Black women and depression. Everyone tells us to toughen up or that 'we' don't get depressed. That you are weak and not a strong black woman if you do. One of the founders of a famous hair product line commuted suicide and my aunt and mom just said she was weak and selfish and should have prayed or talked to her family. It's. It easy to do when so many older black peoples have that mentality.

2 replies
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP May 23rd, 2016

Hey @warmheartedHuman2014 !

We do have some events centered around race issues. However, we also have People of Colour Support sessions if interested. You can find out about them here. Actually, today we discussed mental health within marginalised racial groups (and what you are saying falls into that too!). I hope that, if you haven't already, you'll be able to join us some time!

User Profile: tmf4him
tmf4him February 20th, 2017

@warmheartedHuman2014. I can feel your pain. As a Christian who struggles with depression, I face the same stigma. I think the whole issue of mental health (depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc.) needs a renewed awareness!! I'm with you as we walk through this together!!

load more
User Profile: Avaray
Avaray February 20th, 2017

Support for parents that deal with the things they do rIsing a child who has special needs

1 reply
User Profile: Avaray
Avaray February 20th, 2017

@Avaray raising..

load more
User Profile: Anxietykillsme
Anxietykillsme February 20th, 2017

I wish there was more awareness about eating disorders

1 reply
User Profile: QuickJazz
QuickJazz OP February 20th, 2017

We will be having a week-long event on 7 Cups in honour of Eating Disorders Awareness Week (Feb 27 - March 5th) @Anxietykillsme ! Hope you'll be able to join in

load more
User Profile: ArtieKitten
ArtieKitten February 20th, 2017

Alcoholism and sexual assault.

User Profile: YourTearsAreDelicious
YourTearsAreDelicious February 20th, 2017

Personal responsibility

User Profile: SilvestreVivesGB
SilvestreVivesGB February 20th, 2017

Men like myself who don't fit into the mainstream view of what a man is or should be. I am tired of machismo and the sense that someone is not a real man unless he is/does x, y or z.