Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

World Suicide Prevention Day - World Mental Health Day

September 6th, 2019

Hi everyone! The 10th September (in few days only!!) will be World Suicide Prevention Day. The 10th October will be World Mental Health Day. Is 7cups organising any event for these occasions? If so, I would really love to help.

13
September 6th, 2019

Is it too late to try and join the cycle around the globe event collectively?

https://www.iasp.info/wspd2019/cycle-around-the-globe/

Like, inviting members and listeners to post during the period 10th september - 10th october how far they have been ciclyng? And then share the info with the IASP?

1 reply
September 8th, 2019

@fluffyunicorns84

load more
September 8th, 2019

What do you think about posting something on our community? Simply to raise awareness and remind useful resources. I will try and write something in the next couple of hours, for you to say if you think it may be ok, make suggestions, edit, whatever :)

35plus community: @SoulfullyAButterfly @amiablePeace77 @pamharley003 @Blynng @DaveMcGrath @essdee @peacefulBubbles40 @GrahamBarroneICHP @JamieSclafaniLMSW

self-harm community: @bear228 @redmark @rebecca947

It is a topic I am quite sensitive about and with 7cups being so devoted to mental health I think it would be sad to miss this opportunity...

Tagging leaders of a couple of other communities as well: @Jenna @Hoxenos

2 replies
September 8th, 2019

What about something like this?

The 10th September is World Suicide Prevention Day. The aim of the event is to encourage us to engage with each other and to join together to spread awareness of suicide prevention.

Every year, suicide is among the top 20 leading causes of death globally for people of all ages. It is responsible for over 800,000 deaths, which equates to one suicide every 40 seconds. Every life lost represents someones partner, child, parent, friend or colleague. For each suicide approximately 135 people suffer intense grief or are otherwise affected. This amounts to 108 million people per year who are profoundly impacted by suicidal behaviour. Suicidal behaviour includes suicide, and also encompasses suicidal ideation and suicide attempts. For every suicide, 25 people make a suicide attempt and many more have serious thoughts of suicide.

If you find yourself in immediate danger, please reach out for help. 7cups listeners are not trained to handle this kind of crisis, but you can find useful resources here:

https://help.7cups.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026238093-Crisis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_suicide_crisis_lines

If you are not currently a harm to yourself, but still experiencing suicidal ideation, you may consider talking to a licensed therapist. A few of our therapists have Suicidal Ideation as their area of expertise.

https://www.7cups.com/connect/?r=therapy

More information on the event can be found here: https://www.iasp.info/wspd2019/

1 reply
load more
load more
User Profile: pamharley003
pamharley003 September 8th, 2019

@admaiorasempe

I will post something on my check in days about this

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 September 8th, 2019

@admaiorasemper

I will post something on Sept. 10. Each lost life is one life too much!

1 reply
September 9th, 2019

@amiablePeace77 @pamharley003

Thank you heart

load more
September 9th, 2019

Unless told otherwise, I will have a shorter version of what I wrote above in my feeds with a few tags

@Jill7Cups @7CupsCommunity is this ok with you?

3 replies
User Profile: Jill7Cups
Jill7Cups September 9th, 2019

@admaiorasemper sounds good to me!

User Profile: 7CupsCommunity
7CupsCommunity September 9th, 2019

@admaiorasemper

This looks great!

1 reply
September 10th, 2019

@7CupsCommunity @Jill7Cups

Thank you! I wanted to be sure it was ok :)

load more
load more