Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: LuluGrace
LuluGrace September 19th, 2015

I just signed up! I'm honestly so excited to get more involved and help spread the word, along with helping people! heart

User Profile: Samantharenee
Samantharenee September 19th, 2015

I have been referring tons of people through tumblr:)

User Profile: anchoredwithhope
anchoredwithhope September 19th, 2015

I've shared this site on twitter, tumblr and Pinterest and I hope I've helped some people find their way over here :)

1 reply
User Profile: Kaylee
Kaylee January 1st, 2016

@anchoredwithhope yay

load more
User Profile: mystic94
mystic94 September 20th, 2015

I have applied for social soldier but have got no response till yet :(

1 reply
User Profile: Mephobia
Mephobia September 25th, 2015

You can try PMing @Gracey

load more
User Profile: Sparrow263
Sparrow263 September 20th, 2015

I tell people in everyday life about seven cups who seem like they need help and support. I love helping people and I'm so happy to be contributing to the seven cups community!! :)

User Profile: lovecoolhai
lovecoolhai September 21st, 2015

I have posted on twitter and tumblr..

User Profile: CarcinoArison16
CarcinoArison16 September 22nd, 2015

i am going to make sure i use this on tumblr from now on

September 22nd, 2015

Here is my tumblr link, people :)

https://alexlove-7cups.tumblr.com

User Profile: brightSpace15
brightSpace15 September 22nd, 2015

Confused

User Profile: TamaHawk
TamaHawk September 23rd, 2015

I love being a social soldier it been nice reaching out to people... Had such an amazing chat with someone from twitter that said You reached out and saved my life... Great program guys! Honored to be apart of it :)