Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: MajesticSeal
MajesticSeal November 3rd, 2015

I would love to join the Reddit team, but I am sticking on a listener to put in the reference box on the form, I'm just back from an extended break and I tend to spend more time in chats with members rather than on the forums or in the listener rooms (must make a better effort on that one, listeners are amazing people to virtually hang out with)!

P.s does anyone one want to be my friend, get to know me and then let me use them as a reference?! :p

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 5th, 2015

@MajesticSeal--Hi! I'll PM you and we can brainstorm enlightened

load more
User Profile: Shiva2help
Shiva2help November 6th, 2015

This is perfect! I'm just getting back into blogging and want to make sure I impact people as positively as possible. This will make that easier if anyone is serious about or checks it out.

User Profile: healingCloud23
healingCloud23 November 7th, 2015

https://www.7cups.com/12705391 I liked & shared the page on facebook. <3 Tweeted on twitter,

User Profile: cristiana33
cristiana33 November 8th, 2015

@healingCloud23

That is your referal link.

After you are accepted in one of the Tumblr/Reddit/Twitter Team you are officially a Social Solider and you can share here you account (your 7cups account I mean) if you wish to.

load more
User Profile: Emma265
Emma265 November 8th, 2015

Joined 7cups about a week ago and honestly it is one of the most rewarding things you can do. Knowing that you are making an effort to help people is one of the best feelings ever!heart

User Profile: cristiana33
cristiana33 November 8th, 2015

@Emma265

Hey Emma. You can introduce yourself & connect with other listeners in this section.

load more
User Profile: cristiana33
cristiana33 November 8th, 2015

Hey! I haven't heard back from the Tumblr or Reddit Team yet even tho I applied at the beginning of September. So I would like to say here that I no longer wish to be in them.

I will remain part of Twitter Team only. :)

User Profile: TealCat
TealCat November 9th, 2015

I;ve told people about this and they like it

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 9th, 2015

@TealCat

Would you like to spread the word via social media by signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: braveWinter
braveWinter November 9th, 2015

ive make a twtter acc for 7 cups

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 9th, 2015

@braveWinter

That's great that you're eager to get started!! Have you filled out the Social Soldiers application yet? If not, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

load more
User Profile: Megs13
Megs13 November 9th, 2015

So glad I found this! I just googled depression group support chats about a week ago, and this site popped up! I'm so happy to help and talk to all of you:)

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 10th, 2015

@Megs13

Would you like to spread the word via social media by signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in. If you want to be part of the Twitter team, I'll PM you soon :).

load more
User Profile: JanaeW
JanaeW November 11th, 2015

What if I barely have any followers on my blog?

User Profile: OpsTops
OpsTops November 12th, 2015

@JanaeW try following some people and they will follow you back smiley

load more
User Profile: DeborahUK
DeborahUK November 12th, 2015

Is there a risk of spreading the word too wide, and demand outweighing supply, ie. Not enough listeners. I'm happy to tweet, but don't want to raise expectations and then leave people hanging.

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia November 13th, 2015

@DeborahUK

I've recruited listeners as well when spreading the word as a member of the Social Soldiers team :)

load more