Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anyone can be a Social Soldier! Find out more here!~ (OLD THREAD)

User Profile: Cadence
Cadence March 21st, 2015

Welcome to the official forum thread for the Social Soldiers! Im glad youre here; youre amazing, and Im glad youre part of the community.

Introduction

The Social Soldiers project was created with the intent on eliminating the stigma that comes along with mental illness on social media, guiding those who are depressed/having a hard time/need someone to talk to right here to 7CupsOfTea. As Laura explained in her lovely thread right here, we need to be here for people who may feel as though they have no other place to turn.

What are Social Soldiers?

Social Soldiers are people that use 7Cups-designated social media to guide people in the right direction, hopefully leading them to the site where they can talk to someone who truly cares. They use the handles Twitter, Reddit and/or Tumblr, and check the tags for depression, or self harm, or anything along those lines.

Who can be a Social Soldier?

Anyone! Thats the beauty of this project; literally anyone can get involved with it.

What isnt a Social Soldier?

Sharing your own personal social media with other members/listeners.
Someone that shares their personal social media in this thread.

Just to debunk a question that may be asked, you can totally share your referral link on your personal social media handles, however we do ask that you dont share your personal social media handle here. If you have a big following on Twitter, and youd rather use your personal account to spread the word, thats totally okay, just do not share with other members/listeners your personal account. If you have any questions on this, feel free to PM me.

How to get involved?
Read through our post on the new team, to understand the changes a little more as well as to find the links to apply.

Project Leadership
@ArwaS - Project Leader
@Erato - Twitter Team Leader

@Yendi - Tumblr Team Leader

Find 7 Cups on social media here - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest

(Edit 1 - to add updated project information)
(Edit 2 - adding 7 Cups social media accounts)
(Edit 3 - Edited Manual link and removed Dashboard link)
(Edit 4 - By @Dillion - Added Leadership Model to Main Post)
(Edit 5 - By @Rebecca to reflect changes in leadership and to update project links)
(Edit 6 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 7 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership, and project changes)
(Edit 8 - By @ArwaS to reflect changes in leadership)
(Edit 9 - By @Erato to update 7cups' social media links)
(Edit 10 - By @Arws to update changes in leadership and process)

5554
User Profile: DanielleL
DanielleL January 21st, 2016

I have a strong Twitter following so I think this would be great!

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia January 22nd, 2016

@DanielleL

That's great that you're spreading the word!! Are you interested in signing up for Social Soldiers? If so, here is the LINK to the application--just indicate which team(s) you are interested in.

User Profile: Kaylee
Kaylee January 31st, 2016

@DanielleL YAY for you :)

load more
User Profile: Icetealoverr
Icetealoverr January 22nd, 2016

This is cool

User Profile: Dillion
Dillion January 23rd, 2016

@Icetealoverr

Have you considered joining social soldiers? We have three separate teams, Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit. You can join one, two or all three :) here is the application link if you want to sign up!

load more
User Profile: Saltedbythesea
Saltedbythesea January 22nd, 2016

I've let students know about 7 cups.

User Profile: Dillion
Dillion January 23rd, 2016

@Saltedbythesea

That is awesome! I am really excited that you are spreading the word. Have you considered joining social soldiers? We have three separate teams, Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit. You can join one, two or all three :) here is the application link if you want to sign up!

load more
User Profile: Kuvira14
Kuvira14 January 22nd, 2016

It's been a rocky road on a start, but I hope it will get easier to be an active listener. I'm glad to have begun, nontheless

User Profile: Dillion
Dillion January 23rd, 2016

@Kuvira14

Have you considered joining social soldiers? We have three separate teams, Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit. You can join one, two or all three :) here is the application link if you want to sign up!

User Profile: Kuvira14
Kuvira14 January 26th, 2016

@Dillion - not yet, but I'll take a look at it :)

User Profile: Kuvira14
Kuvira14 January 26th, 2016

@Dillion Is there no other way to use Facebook for it instead, however? It's the only one I use everyday

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia January 27th, 2016

@Kuvira14--not at this time. But I'll pm you :)

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: bluebreath1810
bluebreath1810 January 24th, 2016

Never stress yourself about anything. You are born here to live a life where you don't have to do a particular job forever neither you have to stay with the same bunch of people forever nor at the same place. You are meant to travel across the world meet millions of new people and live your each day like a new day:)

User Profile: versatileFreedom27
versatileFreedom27 January 24th, 2016

That's really awesome. Spreading 7cups on internet so more people will find it out and be helped is something everybody should do!

User Profile: Dillion
Dillion January 25th, 2016

@versatileFreedom27

Have you considered joining social soldiers? We have three separate teams, Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit. You can join one, two or all three :) here is the application link if you want to sign up!

load more
User Profile: Kuvira14
Kuvira14 January 28th, 2016

5 replies to tweets done :)

load more
User Profile: JulesJoules
JulesJoules January 28th, 2016

I really love the idea but sadly I'm not active on one of this three social medias. I only use Instagram. :)

User Profile: Amelia
Amelia January 28th, 2016

@JulesJoules--I didn't have an account on any of them when I first joined Social Soldiers either. And that worked out well because you have to have an account specifically for 7 Cups to be part of Social Soldiers. Are you interested in making an account on one of those social media platforms? Feel free to PM me if you have questions :)

User Profile: JulesJoules
JulesJoules January 28th, 2016

@Amelia

No, I think I won't make any of these accounts. I try to reduce my time on social media - except 7Cups and Instagram. They're my favourite and I just got rid of all other accounts I had. It's just better for my health. :)

But thnak you for your answer anyway. :*

load more
load more
User Profile: EloquentListener
EloquentListener January 30th, 2016

Very cool!

User Profile: Kaylee
Kaylee January 31st, 2016

Yeah social soldiers forever! XD