Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help Combat Mental Health Stigma - Join the 7 Cups Social Soldiers! All Invited to Participate :)

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 20th, 2015

Is anyone else mad about stigmas related to mental health?

I am.

The thought that there are people all over the world who are not able to get support because another person in their life is making them feel shame as a result of this need pains me.

A stigmais a "a set of negative and often unfair beliefs that a society or group of people have about something."

- 46% of these adolescents described experiencing stigmaby family members?

- 62% of adolescents experienced stigma from peers which often led tofriendshiplosses and social rejection.

- 35% of adolescentsreported stigma from teachers and school staff.(These stats were found here)

We must help those whoneed support, who do not know the love and kindness of our community. As the emotional support system for the internet, it is our unique dutyin the world to help combat stigma related to mental health.

There are many ways to combat stigma, but thegoal of this team is to combat mental health stigma bygoing out and finding those who need us the most and bringing them to our safe haven. In accomplishing this goal, we willsimultaneouslycombat stigma head on and take a stance that it is not only okay to get support when you need it but a healthy, wonderful thing to do for yourself!

------->If this team is for you, you will be rewarded for your work with referral click badges.Take a look atthemhere(under the referrals badges heading) & special growth team & chirp badges. Additionally, if you are interested, we'll be looking for extra support in encouraging your team. :)

Here are the 3 basic project areas/channels & what you can do to help!

Note: This list is a jumping off point.

-------> Channels to target:

Twitter

Reddit

Tumblr

-------> How to get involved?

Many listeners Invite listeners to create accounts with name_7Cups

​If you have not done so already & this team interests you -we'd like to encourage you to do this.

As a social soldier, it will be your job to respond tomessages on social media with a compassionate message and yourpersonal referral link.

1)Twitter

Search for the following phrases/tags:

#needtovent

#feelinglonely

#needafriend

#feelingdepressed

#depressed

#Iamalone

#needtotalk

------> Respond to these tweets with something like this:

No one deserves to feel like this. I am here to help #7Cups

Sorry that you feel this way. You can seek support at

#7Cups

I am here to help

#7Cups

Would love to help

#7Cups

We are here for you

#7Cups

Sounds like you?re going through a really tough time. We?re here 24/7 if you need to talk

#7Cups

2) Reddit:Respond to distress posts in the following sub reddits (and more you can think of)

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/

https://www.reddit.com/r/depression/

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/

https://www.reddit.com/r/LongDistance/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForeverAlone/

https://www.reddit.com/r/stopsmoking/

https://www.reddit.com/r/LGBTeens/

https://www.reddit.com/r/sad/

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMFB/

https://www.reddit.com/r/REDDITORSINRECOVERY/

https://www.reddit.com/r/getting_over_it/

https://www.reddit.com/r/lonely/

https://www.reddit.com/r/needafriend

https://www.reddit.com/r/anxiety

https://www.reddit.com/r/stopselfharm

https://www.reddit.com/r/ADHD

https://www.reddit.com/r/BipolarReddit/

Responses should be:Supportive replies inviting them to seek more support on 7 cups

3) Tumblr

Comment on blogs that talk about distress, loneliness or any other struggle

Respond with an invitation to come to 7 Cups to seek support

125
User Profile: supportiveSmiles41
supportiveSmiles41 July 3rd, 2015

This is amazing Im signing up right now!

User Profile: Gracey
Gracey July 4th, 2015

@supportiveSmiles41 that is great news! :)

load more
User Profile: SamRosen
SamRosen July 6th, 2015

Perfect. Thanks for this reference! :)

User Profile: eternalHero77
eternalHero77 August 8th, 2015

I'm in for sure

User Profile: Taraxxx3
Taraxxx3 September 2nd, 2015

I am new at this and I am in the intern program. I need 70 referrals in order to meet requirements. What's the best way to do this? Little help please 😁

User Profile: eternalHero77
eternalHero77 September 5th, 2015

I'm all in for it.

User Profile: boogdan89
boogdan89 September 24th, 2015

helooo

this is awesome :d

User Profile: Listener90
Listener90 October 9th, 2015

Can we do something using fb? I do not have any of these accounts...

User Profile: insightfulMoment30
insightfulMoment30 October 17th, 2015

This is such a great idea ! Love it :)

User Profile: CaringJoy
CaringJoy December 23rd, 2015

This is awesome! I just signed up and I'm so excited to spread the love! smileyheart

January 25th, 2016

How do I join?

User Profile: littleCarrot07
littleCarrot07 October 9th, 2019

join?

load more