What book or podcast would you recommend? Did any help you on your mental health journey?
I didn’t like reading before since all the words on the pages made me think about hw and school. However when I was going through a particularly rough time without access to my phone, my friend tried to cheer my up by telling me about the hunger games book she had started reading. The cover and synopsis got me interested and the words were spaced so I did t feel like they were going to overwhelm my mind.
I got so into the story that no one could take the book away from me. I desperately needed a distraction and fiction was a wonderful one. When my mom took away the book cuz she said I shouldn’t be addicted to reading. I found pdfs to keep me going cuz it felt like I was clinging to the last thread of life.
I have been song much better lately and am forever grateful to my friend for introducing me to reading.
@ingeniousEnergy223
Reading is a great way!! I am glad you got introduced the world of reading and books too. 🩵
@ingeniousEnergy223
I love reading, it's a beautiful and healthy firm of escape and I'm glad you discovered it too 🥰💜
@ingeniousEnergy223
This is such a great thread. I moved it from the Listener only section to the Reading section so hopefully you can get more responses!
@ingeniousEnergy223 I would highly recommend a YouTube channel, "Euro Brady". He is an experienced therapist (16 years of exp i think?) who does game walkthroughs. He goes into depth on behavioral patterns, issues, explaining how they work, why people act certain ways, and also offers a lot of mechanisms that help with emotion management, control, etc. He helped me a lot to understand myself and my close ones. It's not really a podcast, but his videos are like an hour, give or take, long and are highly educational.