BF broke up with me & he left me to believe I am the abusive one, needing support.
My BF broke up with me, not officially. He wants us to still talk in 1 week but I think that our relationship is over. I am dealing with some really difficult emotions.
We are LDR, had several fights last month, stopped talking for 2 weeks when I discovered he is covert narcissistic. and planned to discard him. We called yesterday and out of nowhere he was breaking up with me, he said, it's because and I quote: "We are not compatible", "I am not a good boyfriend", "there is no chance", "we have a lot of fights and we can't solve this" and when I share with him my days/ life/ struggles that's "bad energy", but when he does though he is asking for solutions. He also claimed that the distance and not being physically together is an issue, we were in 6 months LDR before and this was never an issue, we invested in time and made it work. He left me to believe that I am the abusive one.
I was very open throughout the discussion yesterday, asking questions to understand but found myself in disbelieve and trying to find solutions to make it work, he seemed he has already made up his mind about leaving. Although the last days I was sure about ending the relationship and wanted him to discard me, now that he did It is driving me crazy. My thoughts are not straight, I am doubting my self and everything I believed was true. Maybe I overthought everything, maybe he is not a narc. and that I was not abused.
What I'm sure of is that I was not fulfilled emotionally, personally or sexually in this relationship, still, I coped with everything for two years to stay with him because we had dreams together. He made me believe that he wants the exact same life I wanted and I thought we were working together to achieve it. Now I feel that he was never committed, when it was easy it was good (the last 2 yrs we were together in the same study program where we met) but as long as it gots difficult and we are apart, he just doesn't want it. I feel I was used and like an idiot for staying for 2 years, trusting he was committed to me and coping with everything. Im grieving for all the time I wasted on him and I hate that I let him get to decide about the relationship, right to the end. All of this is super hard and has affected my self-esteem.
He said there is no chance for us, then he brought up the idea of not talking for a week and then talking as if we were not a couple, to "try to spake something" and see if it can work. I said ok just to get to talk one last time but don't want to spark anything. I am done with this emotional rollercoaster but I want closure, I want him to know how he has been treating me, I wish he could just understand and say sorry and we leave it there but I am not sure he would.
I don't know what to think of all this or what to do anymore, I need support!
Background info: We were together for 2yrs, he proposed, I introduced him to my parents, in my culture it is a big deal and means commitment. We were starting the process of getting married to be able to move in together in a couple of months. (Excuse my English, not a native speaker)
@AdaptableNorth2053
just came across this I am in same position now. How are you? Is it possible to move on?