Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Boyfriends Mom is tearing me apart

User Profile: azureSpruce9429
azureSpruce9429 August 6th, 2022

My boyfriend and I have been dating for two years. I love him. He is a sweet shy guy that hates conflict. When we first started dating my boyfriends mom made comments about my body about how my b00bs and behind were small and putting down my body. She has said things about how she is disappointed in me and how she wishes I wasn’t around (she told me she didn’t want me at my boyfriends birthday party). She is verbally abusive and it bothers me so much. I stand up for myself. I have texted her numerous times how I don’t appreciate how I’ve been treated and she just says I’m rude and putting her in her place which I shouldn’t be. My solution? I keep my distance, she affects my mental health in the worst way possible. She keeps asking my boyfriend when I will come over to talk. That is not going to happen. My boyfriend is terrified to stand up against her. She is always going to control me. What do I do? I need to keep my distance but I feel as though I can’t do that if my boyfriend is not on my side.

HELP

4
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 August 6th, 2022

@azureSpruce9429

Not an easy spot to be in but maybe she is threatened by you and knows your BF will see her for what she is....sooner or later she will come to realize she has no power over you if you ignore her and her nasty comments...

your BF needs to come to terms with her at some point and frankly it goes smoother when you are younger then waiting and then realizing how she is pulling his strings like a puppet master

User Profile: walkalot
walkalot August 10th, 2022

Hang in there, Azure. You are certainly worthy to be his GF. I suggest you have a talk with your BF about what boundaries you two will have with his mom. He doesn’t need To disown her, but he should be able to protect you to some extent. It’s tricky for him, but if you work together you can find a workable plan. Keep your chin up and don’t listen to the judgement. Keep your distance is a good plan for now.

User Profile: marymary94
marymary94 August 20th, 2022

Hello dear,

That's a toxic relationship between mother and son.. some mothers think kids are their property and control their lives.

Your bf is grown up in that toxic situation and i think he can't take things in to his own hands because he is used into that kind of behaviour..

You should take a step back and really think about it. If you love the guy don't let his mother ruin that .. talk with him calmly about what he thinks don't pressure him because he is in the middle of that. I think he should seek for help from a therapist because if he doesn't solve that now and learn how to set some rules he will be like that for the rest of his life no matter if he is still be with you or not.

The mother is toxic and she should see a therapist also..

Keep the distance you need from her and talk with your partner about your future together..


I hope you find something useful in my reply.

Take care

User Profile: walkalot
walkalot August 21st, 2022

@azureSpruce9429

hi Azure. Is it getting better? Making any progress?