Broke it off as the other woman
So to make a long story short, my best guy friend who is 20 years old is married. Although we had a thing in the past (before he even met his wife) we were genuinely just platonic friends for over a year. This year things between us changed for some reason. I didn't see this coming but we both essentially caught feelings for one another. HE IS MARRIED. I've essentially been in this emotional type affair with him for 3 months. It moved beyond emotional and got slightly physical. There's not a day that went by during those 3 months where I didn't feel guilty. Anyways I ended it. We're trying to find ways to be strictly friends now (by doing things like only hanging out in group settings, etc) But my question is, how do I move on from someone I can't have? It hurts, I always miss him and I always want to see him but I'm trying really hard to not let myself fall down that path again. I've never cared for someone this much.
@desperatemeasures
That was a incredibly selfless decision you made to cut that part of your relationship with him off. Getting through and over these feelings is going to take some time, naturally— but setting boundaries was a great (and very intuitive) first step. Ive found, in situations regarding a loss of closeness, music has really helped me. What kind of self-care helps soothe you?
