Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Broke up but still living together..

User Profile: intelligentMaple8272
intelligentMaple8272 December 4th, 2017

Im at a loss and dont know what to do... my boyfriend and I split up last Friday... on my birthday... but he hasnt kicked me out of his house yet... I currently sleep on the couch and he sleeps in the room.. we broke up because I have major insecurities with myself and get jealous often and would take it out on him. He hasnt given me any reason to doubt him or not trust him but its so hard for me to get over my past experiences and not bring them into this relationship. I love him with all my heart and Ive never felt the way I do with him. How do I get over my issues? I feel a part of him still wants to be with me but he doesnt want to deal with the bs anymore...

Help please!! Anyone...

3
User Profile: freshLight64
freshLight64 December 5th, 2017

@intelligentMaple8272

Hey there, hopefully you are doing well, there's a few things I would like to point out;

Im at a loss and dont know what to do... my boyfriend and I split up last Friday... on my birthday... but he hasnt kicked me out of his house yet... (Its never easy dealing with a breakup, hopefully you are able to feel better soon). I currently sleep on the couch and he sleeps in the room.. we broke up because I have major insecurities with myself and get jealous often and would take it out on him. (It's not a good idea going by these terms, you need to have the self respect to not go along with sleeping on the couch while he sleep in the room. The insecurities probably has to do with anxiety, so on some situation you tend to lose emotional self control then bring up the situations to him). He hasnt given me any reason to doubt him or not trust him but its so hard for me to get over my past experiences and not bring them into this relationship. (On this part you haven't heal from your past relationship, the pain and hurt are still there so then it gets carried to your current relationships. The problem with this is that it becomes very hard for you to regulate your feelings during these moments, and from the looks of it is better to first heal from past experiences before entering another relationship). I love him with all my heart and Ive never felt the way I do with him. How do I get over my issues? (This will take a lot of therapy, learning more about your behavior, becoming aware of whats goes internally and other things). I feel a part of him still wants to be with me but he doesnt want to deal with the bs anymore... (Staying on situations where you are sleeping on a couch while he sleeps on the bed will make things worst, maybe it would be better to leave?)

User Profile: savlilley
savlilley December 7th, 2017

My ex is terrible after we broke up he invited me over and showed me his house and new family