Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friendship Breakups? coz they hurt the same as any other breakups

User Profile: LaDyBug0420
LaDyBug0420 August 27th, 2016

And just like that... i didnt exist nor mattered to him i guess... its been 3 weeks since we last spoke when I told him i didnt feel good about how he treated me...i made so much effort for him and just because I speak my mind he didnt even bother to thank me for the effort.. theres nothing but silence... i want to say please dont leave he hanging in here please tell me what I did wrong so I may correct it? 😞

5
User Profile: Mtude
Mtude August 28th, 2016

@LaDyBug0420

Hi, so I'm no expert and you might be able to seek more comfort from a listener but I know what it is like to be constantly thinking about a relationship / friendship where you feel like crap but when or if you say something and you perceive that it has upset someone else that you think you're in the wrong and you have the bad feeling and think that you have to fix your wrong mistake BUT given what you have said, you should not feel bad for not wanting to feel bad. You have acknowledged that it is the other person that made you feel that way and have rightly so tried to address with them. You can only be true to your feelings and why should you have take back what you have said which was done out of honesty, why would you want to undo that and go back to how it was or potentially even worse. You deserve to be happy And have not done the leaving, and maybe the other person simply needs time to process as is better than to simply react of the cuff or knee jerk reaction. You have done what you needed to do and can't do anymore, you are reliant on someone else to respond / add their input and in the mean time you have to progress. You are so welcomed here and we all support each other. You can get through this! Stay strong!

3 replies
User Profile: LaDyBug0420
LaDyBug0420 OP August 28th, 2016

@Mtude thank you for your words 😊 may be because I just want us to be ok that is why I thought I should not have said it to him... but now I think I have to just move on... Everyday has been a struggle for me now... Having to fight the urge of thinking about him... I am proud though that I have stopped myself on many occassion that i thought of sendin him a message... I just care so much for someone who doesnt care about me... its tough but I hope sooner or later this pain will go away...

2 replies
User Profile: Mtude
Mtude August 28th, 2016

@LaDyBug0420

You definitely should be proud ! It takes a lot of energy and will power not to give in. I am struggling with a similar situation with trying not to contact someone but they are constantly on my mind. Everyday is a battle but I'm fortunate enough to have a listener who I contact daily and helps to distract me. I think that busying yourself with stuff, anything, it doesn't matter what it is helps and as time goes by you will get stronger. Yes, you may still get the pang in your stomach when you think about the situation but the day to day will be easier to manage / cope. I'm only a member here and not a listener but we're all here for you, to support, listen, encourage, etc. Stay strong you will get through !. (hugs).

1 reply
User Profile: LaDyBug0420
LaDyBug0420 OP August 28th, 2016

@Mtude its so warming to see a member so passionate about other people.. yes, we are all here to support each other.. i am here to listen to other people and help them in anyway I can.. its a good way to release the care I have to anyone who needs it 😊 thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate it 😘

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: AdVictoriam
AdVictoriam August 28th, 2016

Friendships are just as important as romantic relationships! Sometimes even more so!!

Having a friend do that to you is no fun :( I'm sorry

It hurts when someone we trust does something like this to us