Help, advice needed. I do not want to be the other woman any longer or should I wait?
Hi, new here. I will try to make a long story as short as possible in order to get to the main point. I'm currently involved in an affair. I'm the other woman. The MM in question has been in my circle of friends for almost 7 years. He watched me make up and break up with my previous boyfriend and be single. He became married a few years ago and he was less involved in our friend group. 1 1/2 years ago my friend and I ran into him and his friend. To make a long story short we all started hanging out again as friends. His gf (wife now) never went out with him or was very social the entire time we were friends. I know thats never an excuse but It made the thought of her less present in my mind, at the time. One thing let to another and he confessed the feelings he had always had for me. We kissed. Kissing led to flowers, which led to texing/phone calls, concerts and fun activities until I was deep into something. You don't always choose who you love.
3 weeks into this affair... he told me his wife was pregnant (2 months pregnant to be exact) 1 month in I tried to break it off or asked him to get a divorce. He apologized for pulling me into this complicated situation but stated he had always cared about me... its just horrible timing but that he would not let me go. I told him I could not continue in this situation as it was eating at me and it was very wrong.
I was unsuccessful... days later he had convinced me he would leave once the baby was born. Months later his wife found out. She would not leave him given the pregnancy and he did not leave her.
Months flew by. He continued to tell me he would and refused to stop speaking to me. Baby came and baby is here almost a year and 1/2 later. We see each other less and less every day. Texting is rare and phone calls often go unanswered or returned days later.
He continues to go on family trips and spend time with his family. I expect this but for the past 6 month I have been an emotional reck. I cry randomly, I pick fights with him almost everytime we speak. He keeps telling me to stay positive, that everything is so complicated. He does not want to loose his child, mess up his job or ruin other peoples lives.... He asked me to wait 2 years.
For the past 4 months he only is able to see me for about an hour every 2 weeks, usually he wants to have sex and spend a bit of time with me but then has to return home/work.
I'm shaking as I type this b/c I know I have to end this bullshit that I've put myself in. I do not get anything out of it. I have tried for months to end it. The longest I've lasted is maybe a week. I've been seen a therapist for a few months to sort out my thoughts, feelings of guilt, sadness etc. It helps but it has not given me the strength I need to end it and stick to that.
I guess I'm looking for some guidance on what to do. Do I move forward. Do I believe him and wait 2 years? Sorry about not having much organization to my thoughts... my brain is truly all over the place.
thank you
@KeepMovingForwardToday
Start a new chapter in your life. I would write a thousand words because i have been asked to wait as well but i will not.. Even you know the answer deep inside . Sorry if is painful but if you are able and strong enough just start a new chapter. I would if i become strong enough.. Just my opinion. Hope the best for you <3
@courageousCake401
Thats my issue. I can not find the strength within my self. How did you. Do you mind sharing?
@KeepMovingForwardToday
You know that u should leave him, but if he is able to convince to u that u should wait him 2 years he is manipulative person. Thats the main problem i deal with the same profile of a person. You are scared that you wont connect so strong with someone else and that makes so to build a wall for giveing chance to someone new. I see that u have strugle so if u cant just start a new chapter we can try with something else. You have a hope for the two of you (i feel same). According to that you will be able to begin new chapter when you lose your hope. How is that possible? Make him a trap. One last time talk with him ( i know that u tried 10000 times tho ) and open your soul show him how much you suffer and that your spirite is dieing because of him tell him honestly that u are in pain. Cry out yourself . He will se your pain and if you matter to him as he matter to you he wont be able to leva you "dieing" . He will have the choise to decide.. I suppose that his answer will be negative ( sorry, thats just my opinion). In that moment you will know that u tried your best and tell him that you must move on . Why ? Because you want family and kid as well. U suffer because u go alone in ur bed and he no matter what has someone , he is not alone... I am to direct maybe i hurt u with all of this but my pain is speaking . Promise yourself that last affort and after that erase him completely. Dont jump in something else immediately . Imagine what would you want ? what type of person? and when u will be ready you will hold someone elses hand and love someone who will love you back the same way...
This is just advice , what do u think? Sorry if i sound overprotective i dot have right to decide instead of you so the final decision up to you .. Hope the best for u hun.. <3
@courageousCake401
I tried the other evening, failed... I was so happy to finally see him.. (I know issue #1) that I didnt even want to discuss what you stated. I did not want to ruin the small amount of time we had together... Thats my problem when I'm strong I'm on it and when I'm not.... I keep the peace because the other option is so unpleasnt and sad...
Your thoughts mean a lot.... its good to hear advice from people
@KeepMovingForwardToday
Move on. Is clear he only wants sex. If he wanted something else he would get a divorce. From reading I would say he's playing his wife and you, you both.
You need to cling to self love and self confidence. Imagine he somehow got a divorce and got with you. WHat makes you think he wouldn't cheat on you with another woman?
Once a cheater always a cheater. Is disgusting of him and you are down a unhealthy path for you but also contributing to another woman's pain.
Hi KeepMovingForward,
I cried when I read your story. I'm in exactly the same situation and I feel your heartache. I feel your pain when you spend time together and then he leaves, I understand that you want to cherish every moment you have together and not ruin it with 'negative emotions' or hard, emotional talk. I fully comprehend the struggle you have: your mind knows that this is unhealthy but your heart is still so much invested. I think the best option is to cut the cord completely. Rip the band-aid off. I haven't been succeful in doing that and I have tried it many times, but failed. I do believe that you can't end it step-by-step or slowly because you keep circling back to the same place.
That's it for advice on my part. If I have found a succesful way to end things, I will definitely let you know. No one deserves this kind of heartache, just because you fell in love with the 'wrong' person at the wrong time.
How are things now? I'm here if you want to talk.
Love,
AJ