I lost my best friend and love... now what?
Our break up was the result of his mid-life crisis, something neither of us wanted but in the end I was the easiest bag to drop within his baggage. We dated for almost 2 years, talked about marriage, kids, a future. He has an ex-wife who constantly made his life hell and 2 children from the 1st marriage. He was my best friend and I just don't know how to move on. He dumped me cause he didn't want me to wait while he got his life back in order. But isn't love suppose to trump all?
We tried being friends, staying connected and getting the occasional dinner but it was just too hard cause I wanted more. Ultimately it was me who cur the line of communication... for my sanity... I just miss him. Any help or advice in grieving is greatly appreciated!
Being alone and losing someone we invested in for a long time, is never easy. We all deserve love , attention and someone who never leaves us , no matter what . Moving one needs clarity sometimes. We don't see things clearly and it hurts . Give it time . That's the best thing that we can do. Healing , acceptance, moving on , take time
@Eriee27 love was supposed to trump all, but many times life wins over love with its problems...I can imagine he misses you too and it is not easy for him either, being abandoned by his best friend and lover...😔 just ride it out like any other "bad weather" in life, for some time helps with healing and forrgetting, for others it diesn't...I hope it works for ypu amd you will be fine eventually...
@PaleBlueEye Thank you. I know he is in pain too, after all he has a lot of stuff in his life that he needs to solve. I know he is feeling overwhelmed that that stuff effected "us". We broke up first week of May 2019, and officially stopped talking early July 2019. Its been difficult and I hope I made the right choice to stop talking, but ultimately he was the one that threw our relationship away.
@Eriee27 yes, some people, like me for example, when they are in dire straights or going through difficult times, push their loved ones and friends away, a self destructive counterintuitive move that I couldnever understand but which I did many times in my life..."the higher entities" that govern our destinies must be very cinical and sadistic, breaking people apart and inducing self harming behaviours like pushing out friends and loved ones...I wish I had a secred manual for "guaranteed solace metgods" or a "user guide for life", I just wish happier experiwnces will come your way...time never healed my wounds...😔
@Eriee27
I'm sorry for what you are going thru. Please try to move on and I'm sure you will find the love of your life who wouldn't stand living one moment without you. When life is not in order, you feel the need for a partner to make it in order back again. Yes thats what love and partnership is about. You seem nice and I'm quite sure you will be ok. You just need to take your time until it fades away. Don't miss on the opportunity of meeting new people even for coffee or hanging out.
I wish you all the best.