Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I want my ex back what should I do

May 3rd, 2016

Hi my name is Darius I'm 17. My girlfriend just recently broke up with me about 3 days ago and started dating this other guy this was after we had gone through an argument a day before the seperation. I know most of the reasons why she left me but I still love her I want to tell her that if she comes back I'll change and be better for her but I'm scared it might be too late because she has a new boyfriend now and I don't know if she'll even listen to how I feel let alone share my feelings of love. So my question is what should I do any advice is greatly appreciated.

1
User Profile: Sventek
Sventek May 3rd, 2016

@g34rspr0

The best thing that you can do (based on what you've said so far) is walk away. Learn from the experience, understand that things were not meant to be, you can't force her to be with you, you cannot change her mind no matter what you say, and you do not want trouble with her new boyfriend.. no different than you wouldn't want him meddling with your situation with her if you were still with her.

At 17, it seems like the world just ended because of how much emotion, love, and affection you both shared - but, clearly she did not feel the same way and trying to convince her otherwise will be like trying to talk to the wall.

One day, (not yet), you will look back on this situation with her and realize that it's for the best. Could you both reconnect later? Maybe, but do not hold out hope for that and do not prepare for that at all. If it happens, it does, but it isn't likely. Relationships in your late teens are VERY volatile and unstable - for a reason. These relationships you have now are key to teaching you about women, relationships, and understanding that you're going to screw up and make mistakes (including choosing the wrong type of women to be with). As you get older, you'll refine yourself and make better choices (hopefully).

The best thing that you can do now is make her completely sorry that she ended things with you by becoming a BETTER man. You want her to realize that she underestimated you and made a mistake leaving you. So, how do you do that? Be the better man by gaining an education, getting a better job, making a better life for yourself, and finding a woman that loves and appreciates every aspect of the man you've become.

No woman wants nor respects the man who grovels at her feet like a servant, begging her to come back, pleading with her to end her new relationship.

Do the right thing and take care of yourself... prepare yourself for your next relationship and make your next woman VERY happy she chose to be with you... and don't look back too much, the relationship you were in with her ran its course. It is... what it was always going to be... a lesson for you to learn. It's hard, I know... but one day you'll know what I meant.