Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I was happily married a week ago, now I’m about to be divorced

User Profile: sunnysadness
sunnysadness November 5th, 2022

My husband and I have been married for 3 and a half years. We’ve been happy, and we’ve struggled. On Monday, he texted me while he was at work saying he didn’t know if he loved me anymore, and felt like he was trapped in our marriage. It’s now Friday, and he texted me while at work again, saying he “can’t do this anymore”, that he was sorry, and that he was just done.

I am devastated. Angry. Heartbroken. Clueless. Shocked. How did this happen? He’s battling his own depression right now. He says it’s not me, it’s him, and he doesn’t like how his life is.

I don’t know what I’m going to do.

2
User Profile: gothiicckkk
gothiicckkk November 5th, 2022

I feel the same way. I have been on and off with my husband for 4 years and we got married in September. We were toxic. Addicts. But we recovered and now I’ve been depressed that I wanna sleep and stay in bed because I miss my kids so much. I lost custody. He lost his mom June 30th so he drinks. What happened to us? He asks why we even got married etc. I’m so hurt. I can’t take much more.

User Profile: calmTortoise1218
calmTortoise1218 November 23rd, 2022

@sunnysadness Are there kids and joint accounts? It could be bad... however, it will get better over time that is the good news. Pulling the bandaid off is the hardest part. We have all been their, keep your chin up.