Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I was right , I was so so right , but all I can do is help her now

User Profile: cyanTortoisejoey5995
cyanTortoisejoey5995 November 8th, 2022

My little sister just told me she’s in an abusive relationship, with her boyfriend. She’s leaving him. She’s coming to stay with me … I wish I could have done more, before…

5
User Profile: cyanTortoisejoey5995
cyanTortoisejoey5995 OP November 8th, 2022

I just hope I can help her now

November 8th, 2022

Hey @cyanTortoise5995 , I’m really sorry to hear that happened. Sending many hugs and beams to you and your sister. I understand you are feeling like you could have done more, although when we enter this cycle, we start to forget the things we did do. You are the one picking up the pieces, building things back together.

I really hope they feel safe, and you are able to support their needs. You are such a strong individual, so thoughtful to be looking out for others. Please don’t forget your health is just as important, if you need any additional support, we are here for you both. 💛

load more
User Profile: toughTiger6481
toughTiger6481 November 8th, 2022

@cyanTortoise5995

Do not beat yourself up about it UNTIL she was ready to leave or get help any help you offered would not have been accepted.

User Profile: biggiantbulb
biggiantbulb November 30th, 2022

Exactly

load more
User Profile: EmeraldForest2006
EmeraldForest2006 November 8th, 2022

Hello @cyanTortoise5995! You and your sister are in my prayers. Thank you so much for sharing. Things will only get better from here, because your sister is recognizing she was in an abusive relationship and is now asking for help from you. Take good care of her and yourself! And remember, if they abusive partner tries to come back and their actions get out of control, seek professional help!

Sending you lots of love! ❤️