Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

She broke up but might want to get back together

User Profile: LavenderOak4886
LavenderOak4886 May 10th, 2019

My girlfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago. I begged and pleaded but she didn't budge. After that we talked it out and I did no contact. After 3 weeks she reached out to me, she had heard from someone that I told them I was relieved not being with her and wanted to know why I said that. We met up and had great talks. She told me some guy tried to kiss her but she immediatly rejected him(she did this in the relationship as well) and that she still has a lot of feelings for me. However when I adress that we might be able to do it better this time she becomes cold and distant, she said she wants to give me another chance but fears getting hurt again and feels that there is still too much pain right now. We agreed to not talk to eachother for another 3 weeks and that she will reach out on my birthday with an update about whether or not her feelings have changed. I am doing a lot of work on myself right now but I am not sure what to do, should I wait? Should I give her space to think?

2
User Profile: kitkat34567
kitkat34567 May 10th, 2019

@LavenderOak4886 From my perspective i would move on or maybe see what happens but don't get your hopes up good luck and best wishes.

User Profile: freshLight64
freshLight64 May 10th, 2019

@LavenderOak4886

Hey there, hopefully you are doing well. There's a few things I would like to point out;

My girlfriend broke up with me 4 weeks ago. (What was the reason?) I begged and pleaded but she didn't budge. After that we talked it out and I did no contact. After 3 weeks she reached out to me, she had heard from someone that I told them I was relieved not being with her and wanted to know why I said that. (This is a sign she felt anxious being away from you, and realized you were moving on so she decided to reach out because she missed you) We met up and had great talks. She told me some guy tried to kiss her but she immediatly rejected him(she did this in the relationship as well) and that she still has a lot of feelings for me. (This seemed like she was into you) However when I adress that we might be able to do it better this time she becomes cold and distant, (I could see why you would bring this up, but it was definetly too soon because she made a decision, and she wasn't ready to go back into a relationship again. This will make her behave cold and distant) she said she wants to give me another chance but fears getting hurt again and feels that there is still too much pain right now. (This makes a lot of sense, and im glad she was honest) We agreed to not talk to eachother for another 3 weeks and that she will reach out on my birthday with an update about whether or not her feelings have changed. (Her feelings were still there, its just you wanted the relationship back right away, so this made her think back of the decision she had to make. It's important to treat it as if you met her yesterday without talking about labels) I am doing a lot of work on myself right now but I am not sure what to do, should I wait? Should I give her space to think? (You two made an agreement, it's important to keep your words on it)