Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The pain of not moving while they move on

July 7th, 2016

Me and my ex fiance broke up almost 3 weeks ago. In that time we got back together for a little and tried again. This recently ended again with her saying she doesn't know what she wants and doesn't think she is in love with me or if she was ever in love with me but she says she still loves me as a friend. She wants us to be friends. Now honestly I've started to realize that she wasn't the woman I thought she was and I've seen an ugly side of her during this whole break up but I still want to be with her. The hardest part of everything is that I have not been able to stop crying or get anything done because I am so depressed but she is out having fun with her friends and moving on already even though our break up is still so fresh. It hurts to realize that this is truly making her happier. When we first broke up she did the same thing but then she told me that at night she cried and drank herself to sleep because she too was hurting but I think after our second attempt now she is over me. It hurts to think that she has moved past when I am stuck in such a dark place. She is coming over today to pick up the rest of her things and talk so that we can try to become friends but I am unsure of what to say. I've writen 3 letters to her, one trying to get her back, one when I was angry and sad, and another when I had accepted the fact that I do not belong in her life but I want to be. I don't think i'll be reading any of them but hopefully we can talk and the words can truly come from my heart.

384
User Profile: BrightRedFlower2322
BrightRedFlower2322 July 15th, 2016

Naww poor thing thanks I had a good day I'll be helping you later tonight okay its 5pm now for me so I'll help you around 12ish somewhere along there okay please be okay I'm here for you

July 15th, 2016

Well crap. I have officially swiped through all of the tinder profiles in the area. I have zero matches. I know that I just made mine recently and not everyone has had a chance to swipe through for me but wow. I thought I'd get atleast 2 matches by now. I thought tinder would be my best bet since I'm failing at the bars recently but I guess not. I guess I'll just have to keep putting my self out there. It's just hard because I work closing shift weekends so I don't get off work until like 1230 and the bars close at 2... not much time to meet someone

July 15th, 2016

I can't wait to get my confidence back. I used to do the craziest things and talk to literally every person I walked past. I want to go back to being that social, funny, random guy. I lost that when I was with her and right now I don't have the best confidence. But she doesn't deserve to have taken my confidence away. I can't let her have that. I refuse to lose to her. If I let her affect me like this then I lose. I'm going to do my best to put myself out there again. If I get off work at a decent hour tonight or tomorrow night I might go back to the bars. I'm going to reach out to the old bar friends I had and see if they want to go sometimes. I'm going to work hard to find a better job so I don't have to work closing shifts on weekends because that will severely limit my chances of getting out there.

July 15th, 2016

I checked her social media again. I messed up. her tumblr is filled with stuff about love and missing someone and being with someone who truly makes you happy. So either she is missing me alot or she has already moved on and those posts are about someone else. Either way I know I shouldnn't think about it but either way it hurts. I hope they are about me cause it would kill me to know that she is posting things she used to post about me, about another guy.

1 reply
July 15th, 2016

@SirPounceALot I think ther are about another guy. I can't stop snooping. She recently friend requested some guy named brent who she had no mutal friends with and is single. I think he was the guy she went on a date with. Damn it hurts to think that she is already falling in love with another man. I can see it from her tumblr. It looks exactly how it looked when we first started dating

load more
July 15th, 2016

I'm screwed. I'm so broken still. I couldn't even exercise today. I have a 7 hour work shift later and Idk if i can get through it. To think that she is falling for another guy already kills me. To think that another man is making her smile like i used to kills me. To think that another man occupies her thoughts and has her posted love quotes just like how she did for me when we first started dating, kills me. I am not over her. I'm not even close to being over her. I am so screwed. I cannot handle this. Why did I check?!?!?! I actually hate myself! I can't even not check her social media for more than like a day. I'm falling. I'm falling deep into a hole and I don't think I could ever climb out. She actually destroyed me. She built me up so high and then knocked me down like it was nothing. Now I am nothing. I feel like I don't deserve life. I'm never going to get over her. She will always be the woman I love and the girl of my dreams. She haunts my mind. She is not only over me but moving on completely. I meant nothing to her. I was just a friend who gave her attention, now she gets that attention elsewhere. I know our relationship wasn't good and I know that I can't change any of that. But just to think about how hurt I am and how far moved on she is kills me. I don't even want her back after the things we went through. I just wish she felt anything towards me, like our time together wasn't a waste. I wish she felt some of the pain that I feel. I feel so alone

July 15th, 2016

And I know that this is just who she is. She is an awful human being. Honestly even if she does get into a relationship with this guy it won't last because she is so terrible. I don't think she could ever find love the way she is now. She refuses to let anybody in ever. I know that she is just craving attention but it still just stinks. To know that I could be so easily replaced. To know that I meant nothing to her when she meant the world to me. And I know eventually I will find someone to love because I can truly love unlike her. I know I will but it just hurts being so alone right now. To truly have nobody. To truly have no motivation to get out of bed in the morning. To have no motivation to go to work later (which is going to be awful because I can't get her out of my mind). I know all this will pass eventually but current it feels like forever and I feel as if I am making zero progress. The first thing I need to do is stop checking her social medai because you are all right. Every time it sends me spiralling back down. I start to climb back out of this hole and then I jump right back in. I need to stop caring about her. I really am trying. lets see how long I can go this time without crying or checking her social media. I need to start living my life.

July 15th, 2016

No more self loathing. Time to realize how awful she is. She lead me on for so long. She cut me out of her life even as a friend afterwords because she didn't like seeing the pain she caused. She is honestly a whore and has always been one. She was so naggy and annoying sometimes. She shut down anytime we started to argue which just shows how immature and unready for a relationship she is. She was sooo clingy and then would get mad at me for little things like wondering where she was when she would go missing for hours at a time but if I stopped responding to texts for like 15 mins I was the bad guy. She broke a promise that she made to me. She didn't stand up to her friend about us. She lied to me on multiple occasions. She was leading me on because she was bored and lonely. She acts like a queen when really she is just a bitch. She is an attention whore. She is a complete slut. She never deserved how well I treated her. SHe didn't even see how well I treated her, She said that she put me first when she did nothing for me. SHe was awful with money, her entire paycheck would be spend in a day and then I would have to pay for gas for her. She made awful decissions. She put herself in bad situations on purpose and then would cry for attention when bad things happend to her. She insulted me about my biggest insecurity but one time when i said something that wasn't even about her insecurity but she thought it was, she flipped out and stopped talking to me for a day. She was the biggest hypocrit I have ever known. Her social anxiety was so annoying to deal with, I had to talk to everyone for her and be there for her all the time. I had to be strong for her 24/7 but the second she was even a little bit stressed she would toss me aside like I was nothing. She changed drastically when she was stressed. She was cold and unloving a lot of the time. Getting her in a good mood was like flipping a coin. Some days she would be lovey and other days she wouldn't even want to hold hands with me. She was an awful girlfriend and I only believed I loved her because I had nobody else and she gave me a place where I thought I belonged. She made me feel home but really I was more in love with the idea of her than I was with her

1 reply
July 15th, 2016

@SirPounceALot Without her I am free. Sure I am lonely but that is temporary. I will meet new people. Friends and maybe even eventually a girl who deserves my love but really I am better off without her. I shouldn't have her in my life. I need to become my own person and be free from the pain she caused me. She can go do whatever she wants and continue to be an awful person but I am going to do what I want. I am going to become the person that I want to be. AND I AM NOT GOING TO LET HER DESTROY THE GOOD PERSON I ALREADY AM!!!!

load more
July 16th, 2016

Hatred is a beautiful emotion sometimes. I don't know what happened this morning but now I don't feel sad. I feel mad, I feel hatred towards her. All my love for her switched to hatred. It's easier to hate someone than be sad for yourself.

4 replies
User Profile: BrightRedFlower2322
BrightRedFlower2322 July 16th, 2016

@SirPounceALot

Wooow you've been busy your up and down like a rollercoaster I'm like that at times with my anxiety and depression and I hate roller coasters lol YOU DONT NEED HER YOU DONT NEED HER BS EITHER YOU ARE YOUR OWN PERSON YPUR BETTER THEN HER YPUR BETTER OFF WITHOUT HER YPU CAN DO THIS ALL YOU NEED IS TIME PATIENTS AND HELP AND YOURSELF TO HELP MOVE PAST THIS DARK PILE OF TRASH WOW SHE MOVED ON ALREADY ITS CAUSE SHE WANTS ATTENTION WHO CARES WHAT SHE DOSE NOW ITS NOT YPUR PROBLEM WHO CARES IF SOMEONE BEATS HER CAUSE SHE OPENED HER MOUTH TO THE WRONG PERSON NOT YOUR PROBLEM WHO CARES IF SHE IS ON THE STREET CAUSE SHE WASTED HER MONEY ON STUPID THINGS WHO CARES NOT YOUR PROBLEM ANY MORE YOU DON'T NEED THAT BS YOUR YOUNG AND FREE AND YOU SHOULD BE FREEE LIKE AN EAGLE DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IN LIFE WITHOUT THAT WEIGHING YOU DOWN YOU ANYMORE YOUR FREE BE PATIENT WITH ONLINE DATING YOU'LL GET A MATCH SOON ENOUGH JUST BE PATIENT MY SAYING IS GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT YOU HAVE TO BUILD YOUR SELF BACK UP NO ONE CANT DO IT FOR YOU YOU HAVE TO IT YOURSELF

3 replies
July 16th, 2016

@BrightRedFlower2322 I know. I honestly feel like I'm over her most of the time. It's when I check that I fall back into depression and missing her. If I don't check then I know I will move on. Thankfully I've been at work for the past 6 hours so I haven't checked. I'm still working and after work I'm going right to bed (atleast I plan on doing that) so I should be fine with not checking tonight

2 replies
User Profile: BrightRedFlower2322
BrightRedFlower2322 July 16th, 2016

@SirPounceALot

Have you tried blocking the site she's using so you can't go on it and check hope can you over come this if you don't have the will power to stop your self from looking at social media how can you over all of this you need to tell your self NO I will not look NO I will not do it I have to take control of myself I will not do it I'm strong I have a will power to not to it I can do this take control stop the urges of this YOU CAN DO IT TAKE CONTROL AND SAY NO TO YOURSELF NO I WILL NOT LOOK ITS NOT HEALTHY FOR ME IT WILL ONLY HURT ME DEEPER IT WILL TAKE ME LONGER TO GET BACK TO THE WAY I WAS BEFORE NO I WILL NOT DO IT hope this helps :)

1 reply
July 16th, 2016

@BrightRedFlower2322 I'm really trying to be better. Right now I have no urge to check but I'm at work. It hits me randomly and weird times. My goal is to not check ever again but I know that's unrealistic. If I can go the weekend without checking I'll consider it a victory. I'll look into blocking twitter and tumblr from my computer but there is always away around that

load more
load more
load more
load more
July 16th, 2016

Just got back from work and honestly I feel good. It was a good shift. Had a lot of fun with my co workers and really didn't think about her too much except for like a little bit where my mind wondered to some weird scenario where she would come back to me. Other than that though I was good. I feel good. It's been such a rollercoaster though so who knows when that'll change. Now I plan on just sitting back, eating the burger I made for myself at work, having a drink, and watchin netflix until I pass out. I also realized something at work today. This was my first serious relationship. It was never meant to be my only relationship. WHen I started dating her I kinda went into it looking for a friend and just some experience. This was a great experience and it taught me a lot but thats all it was. I was not supposed to find my wife while I am this young and while I still have a lot of serious decisions in life to go. I feel free to make those decisions now. I can choose my life for myself now. I feel good

5 replies
User Profile: BrightRedFlower2322
BrightRedFlower2322 July 16th, 2016

@SirPounceALot

That's totally great I'm glad you felt good today that's the best thing ever proud of you well done keep up the good work you deserve it I'm glad you had fun at work happy for you enjoy that burger it sounds yummy lol :) high five to you

4 replies
July 16th, 2016

@BrightRedFlower2322 Thank you so much. I'm starting to remember how to be single and live alone and I am starting to love it again. I had a rough morning but all in all today has been a good day. I've realized that I have a few other problems I need to focus on that are WAY more important than her. The first being money. I DOn't know if I will be able to afford rent so now I need to realyl focus and figure out what I am doing about that. I have too much else to think about then to waste my time over her

3 replies
User Profile: BrightRedFlower2322
BrightRedFlower2322 July 16th, 2016

@SirPounceALot

Well done that's fantastic yeah money and living and your self is more important then that have you tried looking for more work 2 jobs or more hours at your work now I hope your money situation gets sorted out soon good luck with that hope you can work something out :) I'm here for you

2 replies
July 16th, 2016

@BrightRedFlower2322 thank you. I'll figure something out about that. I want to keep this apartment so I can stay in the area and finish college. I'm just really glad I feel better about the break up.

1 reply
User Profile: BrightRedFlower2322
BrightRedFlower2322 July 16th, 2016

@SirPounceALot

Well I hope you can keep your apartment and finish schooling I hope you can sort things out all the best I hope you'll be alright and that's great proud of you I'm glad you have gotten this far so far well done keep it up

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
July 16th, 2016

I just woke up from a dream about her. And since the break up all of my dreams about her have been about the break up but this one was different. I dreamt that we were just hanging out, playing an old game that we used to play together, having fun. And in my dream we were broken up but we were getting along. We had alot of fun and I woke up right at the end when she said "well I need to leave now but it was fun" and then she laughed her laugh that I miss so much. I'm not doing well right now. That was rough. I miss her

3 replies
July 16th, 2016

@SirPounceALot dammit I can feel myself getting so close to looking at her social media. Like I feel a calling to it right now. Like there's something on it I need to see. I know there isn't and that I probably don't want to see it but I just have a weird gut feeling about it right now

2 replies
User Profile: bestCircle4395
bestCircle4395 July 16th, 2016

@SirPounceALot My ex broke up with me about two months ago and I can't get over him. For a bout a month and a half after our break up we stayed in contact. He gave me so much hope. He told me things like "I miss you" "I still love you" "I want you in my life" "if you need anything I'll be here" and so much more. About two weeks ago he told me a lot of mean things, told me he didn't respect me anymore and that he blocked me on everything. I've been so so sad since then. I don't understand how someone can say something and then the complete opposite of it a week later. I haven't tried to contact him since he cut me out of his life. I don't know why I even want to text someone who clearly wand nothing to do with me. I understand how you feel about wanting to check their social media. I can't check his at all because I was blocked. I ended up deleting my social media. It was hard, but it was done. I think to myself that maybe he had to block me in order for me to get to where I have to be. But it's so hard. I just lay in bed when I'm not at work and cry to myself about why this happened. I have Because of him I can't believe anything that anyone tells me anymore. I've been reading all your posts and I'm here if you want to talk and we will get through this together.

1 reply
July 16th, 2016

@bestCircle4395 Thank you. I wish she would block me from everything. The quotes about love she posts on tumblr keep messing with me so badly. I can't tell if they are about me or this new guy she is dating.

load more
load more
load more