Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Trying learn to live with loneliness and lack of intimacy and not go into the past in my thinking.

User Profile: bgdave
bgdave August 3rd, 2019

Hello I am new to this community. I am really struggling with depression and loneliness. It has been 5 years since I was in an intimate relationship. It was a painful break up for me as I spent 13 years with a woman and tried to help her with her 3 daughters. I tried to be a positive responsible male in their lives. I realized too late they never wanted another adult male involved in their lives after their father abused them and their mother. I spent every penny I had trying to help. It has left me alone and now living in another state with terrible credit and a messed up head. I have sought out therapy but it is so hard not looking back at all I lost. I still have a broken heart 💔 that was made worse in March when I lost my father who was my last living parent. I used to live in Southern California for 40+ years and I moved to Utah to be closer to my father. Well things definitely did not go as well as I had hoped. Now I feel completely alone and grieving the loss of my father as well as my former life when I had money and a vehicle. I am 56 now and being alone gives me too much time to think about my two long term failed relationships. I try not to let my mind go into the past but I even have dreams about people and animals of the past. It is still heartbreaking trying to learn to go on without loved ones. I feel so unwanted and broken and alone.

2
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 August 4th, 2019

@bgdave Hi I'm sorry for your loss and loneliness.Sometimes there are group discussions. I think that there will be one on Sunday 10 am est in the depression support room. I find these group chats helpful when I am feeling lonely.

User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 August 4th, 2019

@bgdave I am 59 and dealing with lonliness also. In my neighborhood the have an adult center for people 50 plus. I have been going to activities at times and it has helped me a lot. I hope that you are able to find some place to meet people near you. Also there is a 50 plus community here which seems to have some nice caing people. Best wishes to you.